This Is What I Call A Good Day!

vikingsrule92

Derek, yeah splitting your workout in half using both leather and IMP is the way I went at first. And that worked great. But after a few weeks start doing some whole workouts in IMP only. Don't go to fast but don't go to slow either. If you don't "butcher" your hands a bit they will have no reason to toughen up. But going to hard and you risk injuries. Wish you all the best luck with that, and I'm sure it won't be to hard for you

Nice bends Derek! Something to think about, I never trained with thin pads at all when I did a new bastard and the IM cert. It just hurts a bit more but if you are psyched you won't feel anything until later. I know you can do it :rock

Derek

Sorry 4 not posting earlier i had my posting priviliges revoked so i could not post :D

Anyway matey you are showing all the right qualities to go all the way in bending just keep on doing what is working 4 you :rock

You are as far as i am concerned your already the best bender in the world for your age and bodyweight :bow

Hi Derek, I agree with all of the above and especially this

You are as far as i am concerned your already the best bender in the world for your age and bodyweight :bow

The way I am doing extra hand conditioning is I started bending 2 days a week, 1Day ME and a few days later, ME w/IM wraps. This seems to be working well for me at the moment. Thanks for asking :D

Derek, you don't have to devote all the bends to the IM pads if you don't want to. I was fortunate that I didn't have to do much work with them, but I think most guys do have to devote more time to them and should if they want to cert on the Red.

Alright thanks for the advice guys. I'll work with the IM pads for the next couple weeks or however long it takes. I think I'm still a little way off the Red cert but I hope to have it by the time the Cactus Grip Showdown comes around.

For anyone whos interested I tried a bastard (420 batch) in IM pads which i really shouldn't have because it was on a non-bending day with no warmup but you guys got me thinking. I kninked it 10-20 degrees, maybe with a warmup, properly chalked pads, and my hands not being fried I'll get one.

Mike and gazza, I'm only the best for my age because there's no one else in the world under 18 who bends :D;)

Derek

You can only compare yourself with who is out there what i am saying is i have seen a few people bend at my house,at various work places and a few comps and out of what i have seen you show the most promise for one so young so dont sell yourself short your doing great and an F911 bolt and RED nail bend a few years ago was world class and i can tell you this i have offered plenty of people stuff easier to bend than those and they have failes and some of these were big strong men so that tells me your a young strong man :rock

No crap man, I am glad to hear that, it makes my f911 bend feel more signifcant to know it was pretty spiffy years ago. Somtimes I look now and think, damn I got a 15 year old out pacing me what is my problem here? Then I realize no, he is just a mutant freak 15 year old and I shouldn't think of it that way. Keep up with this man and there is no way you can't become a steel bending monster the likes of Gazza.

Thank you gazza, I'm not trying to sell myself short, I just try to be modest and not get airheaded. But I do take it as a tremendous compliment that I have such potential coming from a great bender such as yourself.

Tim, haha it's always great to hear someone thinks I'm a mutant freak :D. Thanks man, some day I hope to just be in the relative neighborhood of gazzas bends, if I can actually duplicate them, I'd be the happiest man on the face of the earth ;)

I am very impressed. Makes me want to go bend something myself.