This Is What I Call A Good Day!

vikingsrule92

Today was a great bending day. That couple month break I took brought me back way stronger than ever. On these videos I apologize for sometimes not showing the measurements the best. Hopefully they're good enough and if not let me know and I'll re-do them. I also forgot to show the Red end on the video, again, sorry I forgot.

1/4" x 5.5" Square

1/4" x 5.5" Stainless Square

1/4" x 5" G8 Bolt with the head cut off

Ironmind Red Nail

1/4" x 6" F911 bolt from Brendan

60d Nail Reverse (yeah I know my reverse is weak :D)

Thanks a lot Brendan for the F911 bolt, it was definitely a fun bend and VERY springy.

Also this workout I wobbled a 6" G5 Reverse and got a 1/4" x 5" Square to 90 degrees. Hopefully I'll get both of these soon.

Awesome bends Derek!! :rock :rock :rock That was quite the metal-slaying rampage you went on there!! That 5'' G8 is a tough one. Nice job man!!

The 5.5" has a hefty crush and you did for it like it was in your way or something!!! :rock:bow:bow:bow 150ishlbs of pure bending talent! I'm in awe! :bow:bow:bow

Edited by Autolupus

Watched em'all Derek,great job bro. That F911 got your attention eh? I can't bend one but have seen a few done and people are usually amazed that a 1/4" bolt will fight back like that,Imagine the 5/16" version!!!!! Well done on all those bends man. :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Another group of amazing bends Derek!!!

Thanks a lot everybody!! I was on fire today I guess.

Charlie, the 5/16" F911 is just unfathomable to me. I'm sure Gazza could do it (in fact he might have already done one) but it's still just a ridiculous bend.

Great bends, Derek!

If you choose to cert with IM on the Red, I think you'll be the youngest on the list, and possibly the lightest.

Great bends, Derek!

If you choose to cert with IM on the Red, I think you'll be the youngest on the list, and possibly the lightest.

I think I read on one of the threads about the lightest to bend the red that someone who was 130ish bent it. So I don't think I'd be the lightest, but probably the youngest.

Thanks Eric and Mike!!

I owe you a lot Mike for your method with IM pads (tought to me by Wes through you), it's helped me A LOT!! So thanks!

Edited by vikingsrule92

I just don't know where does all this power within this small body comes :rock :rock :rock Just like Autolupus said you bent them as if they were in your way. Again STRONG bends :mosher

Congrats! Fantastic bending! :rock

If you choose to cert with IM on the Red, I think you'll be the youngest on the list, and possibly the lightest

mm that may be Eli Thomas. He seems to have gained quite alot of weight since then tho

Mats

Very impressive. What's a really scary thought is that you haven't reached your peak yet. You have a great bending career ahead of you.

Damb good bending session Derek a lot of hard bends great job!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

:blink:blink That was a good day! They all seemed quite easy for you! If you wobbled the red with IMP a few weeks ago, I think it's very possible that you get it next time. And if not next time, it'll be soon atleast. For me IMP is always harder on the kink but as soon as you get a deacent bend on it, the force gets more transferred through out your hands and not just your index fingers. You really should try it next workout!

Thanks a lot Erik, Brendan, Mats, Alawadhi, Kevin, and David.

Alawadhi, Haha I don't know where it comes from either, i guess I was born to bend :D

David, I might get it, I'll definitely try it on Sunday and post the results if I get it. I'm hoping I can at least get a new bastard (420 batch) in IM pads, at least that and I'll be happy, anything bigger and I'll be ecstatic.

Edited by vikingsrule92

Great bends, Derek!

I think I read on one of the threads about the lightest to bend the red that someone who was 130ish bent it. So I don't think I'd be the lightest, but probably the youngest.

Thanks Eric and Mike!!

I owe you a lot Mike for your method with IM pads (tought to me by Wes through you), it's helped me A LOT!! So thanks!

Thank You Derek, They fit you well and you certainly know how to use them :rock Wes also Kicks A--:rock A thought about Red nail Certs. Have you started conditioning your hands for the Big bends w/ IM Wraps? This can be quite a challenge, but a guy with as much heart and Grip as you do, I suspect you will have very little trouble :)

wow .. awesome vids man !

Great bends, Derek!

Thanks Eric and Mike!!

Thank You Derek, They fit you well and you certainly know how to use them :rock Wes also Kicks A--:rock A thought about Red nail Certs. Have you started conditioning your hands for the Big bends w/ IM Wraps? This can be quite a challenge, but a guy with as much heart and Grip as you do, I suspect you will have very little trouble :)

Thank you Mike. How do you suggest I condition my hands? Do lighter bends in IM wraps? I've bent a 6" G8, 7" Square and some other stuff in them, but have not tried a big bend in them in a while.

Thanks Titan!

I'm definitely not Mike, but I've bent a few Grands in the IM pads and really all it takes is doing some training sessions with them and using thinner leather pads for a while on your non-IM pad training days. I also have to change my style from folding (with thick leather) to more of a bending style with the IM pads. Mainly because I can't take the pain of just pushing into the ends of the steel with just the IM pads. I have to use more wrist torque with them.

I'm definitely not Mike, but I've bent a few Grands in the IM pads and really all it takes is doing some training sessions with them and using thinner leather pads for a while on your non-IM pad training days. I also have to change my style from folding (with thick leather) to more of a bending style with the IM pads. Mainly because I can't take the pain of just pushing into the ends of the steel with just the IM pads. I have to use more wrist torque with them.

Ok thanks Ben. What do you think of the idea of doing regular bending with thick pads, but adding a few IM pad bends (maybe half of my workout?) per workout? Would that work or do I have to do all IM pad/thin leather bends?

Oh and ben you're definitely right about the folding thing. It's near impossible to fold in IM pads because of the massive amount of pain. I can fold to some extent but it's a lot more wrist torque then with double wraps.

Edited by vikingsrule92