Mike's Log

mike766

I'm pretty new here but reading the posts and logs and accomplishments of you guys has really inspired me. I was first exposed to the Coc grippers earlier this year and became interested. I recently CCS closed the #2 with my right hand and was about a 1/4" off lefty with relatively inconsistent and undirected training. New Year's is coming and lord knows I can stand to drop some weight (I also just booked a summer vacation giving me more motivation to get into fightin' shape) so I'm going to take a serious run at training.

My goals to be accomplished by June 1st, 2008 are as follow:

Bench 275 lbs

Squat 300 lbs

Overhead Press 175 lbs

Bar Curl 125 lbs

Close the #2.5 Gripper Both hands

Pinch 4 10's

2HP 135 lbs

Weigh in at 230lbs

Currently I'm a bit off, but not unreaslitcally so (I believe)

Weghing 260 with

Bench 245

Squat 250

Overhead 135

Bar Curl 95

2HP 95

If you any one can offer me advice on achieving/restructuring these goals I'd really appreciate it. Also, do get on my case if I'm remiss - school and work often work against my extra-curricular goals but I'm going to try.

Without further ado, here then is my first workout (12/18/07)

Bench Press

185 1x13

205 2x3

225 2x2

245 Attempted but missed

Dumb bell curl

40 2x 8

45 1x 4 + 50lbs negativex 3

Front shoul dbell raise

25 2x8

30 1x6

2HP

90 lbs (2 25's with and other plates) 6x1

90lbs (2 45s) 1x1

One hand pinch

2 25's 3x1 Right hand; 3x0+Negatives Left Hand

Not a very structured workout, but a start.

Quick Triceps Workout

This morning I didn't have enough time for a full workout - I have a rehearsal in Manhattan for the Chorus I'm in. Hopefully I'll get home early enough tonight, and with enough energy to do a second round.

Triceps triset

/2 Arm Pushdown 50 lbs; 70lbs, 80 lbs x 15, 12, 10

[ Close Grip Bench Press 135 lbs x 10, 10, 10

\ 2 Arm Tricep Extension DB 40 lbs, 40 lbs, 45 lbs x 10, 10, 10

One arm extension 25 lbs 2 x 5

I attempted to finger walk a 10lb plate but my damn pinky is just too awkward to hold it. I ended up doing a few laps with each hand with a 5lb plate and felt thoroughly weak.

I haven't been able to work much due to finals and performances for school, but I did squeeze in some training which I am just now getting a chance to log.

Friday Grippers

I received my own #2 and squeezed it shut right out of the package right-handed and came about 3/8'''s away with my best attempt lefty. I warmed up with the trainer and then did 5 attempts or so with each hand. I closed it each time with my right but need some time with the left. I then dropped down to the HG250 for my left and was able to just close it. By the end, my hands were cooked!

Monday Chest Bi

I had a bad charlie horse in my left calf all day so subbed Chest/Bi for Legs/Shoulders

Flat Bench

Warm up 135 1x13

185 1x8; 1x10

205 1x5; 1x4

225 1x2 followed by 2 negatives with 235

DB bench

65lbs 2x12

DB curl

40 2x8

45 1x5

Bar curl

95 2x3 I cheated pretty badly here and ended up really just doing negatives. I am ashamed of my bar curls and hope to improve!

Reverse DB wrist curl

25lbs 2x5

Couldn't resist going for the Bone Crusher 400 today and did a couple of attempts with each hand. Today was not a good day at all, despite feeling rested.

I may have to stop grip training for a while, my CoC's are ripping my hands apart. I have some pretty bad dermatitis and despite creams from the dermatologist I keep tearing ski off. I'll have to figure something out.

Merry Christmas all, I'll update more soon!