Heaviest Gripper Closed

mike766

An elite group of grippers have managed to close the #4, and even less under Iron Mind's cert rules, but has anyone closed anything more difficult? E.g. the Beef Builder Pro or World Class? I remember seeing a video somewhere of a guy holding a Pro closed after forcing it shut with two hands but that's about all I've seen of these super-hard grippers in action.

I know there have been discussions on here about the potential of people closing the crazy ones like the Super Galaxy but many people were in agreement that the Pro and World Class may one day be closed. Has anyone done it yet? Come close? I find it hard to believe that grip monsters, the likes who certed on the #4 just stopped progressing after that. There must be some beast lurking around here who can rep the HG500 or something.

An elite group of grippers have managed to close the #4, and even less under Iron Mind's cert rules, but has anyone closed anything more difficult? E.g. the Beef Builder Pro or World Class? I remember seeing a video somewhere of a guy holding a Pro closed after forcing it shut with two hands but that's about all I've seen of these super-hard grippers in action.

I know there have been discussions on here about the potential of people closing the crazy ones like the Super Galaxy but many people were in agreement that the Pro and World Class may one day be closed. Has anyone done it yet? Come close? I find it hard to believe that grip monsters, the likes who certed on the #4 just stopped progressing after that. There must be some beast lurking around here who can rep the HG500 or something.

it's hard to say because grippers vary, ive heard the most closed is a medium #4, but i doubt that, i think magnus could close just about any #4, but as far as #4+ grippers, i dont think it's happened yet, but i will be closing hg500 soon so that should get it rolling

How do we know if the HG 500's are harder on average than #4's? Medium #4 is around 210 lbs on the RGC, is that the baseline that you use or is it your own #4 or what it is? Is your own #4 calibrated? Is your HG500 calibrated?

I know the gripper calibration doesn't entirely reflect the difficulty of the gripper, but it's the best we got so far.

I'm asking because that is a pretty bold statement to be saying that you will soon be the person who has closed a hardest gripper so far. I'm not saying it isn't a good thing to be confident, but is there any evidence to back up your statements so far? Where do you base your assumptions?

Edited by Teemu I

How do we know if the HG 500's are harder on average than #4's? Medium #4 is around 210 lbs on the RGC, is that the baseline that you use or is it your own #4 or what it is? Is your own #4 calibrated? Is your HG500 calibrated?

I know the gripper calibration doesn't entirely reflect the difficulty of the gripper, but it's the best we got so far.

I'm asking because that is a pretty bold statement to be saying that you will soon be the person who has closed a hardest gripper so far. I'm not saying it isn't a good thing to be confident, but is there any evidence to back up your statements so far? Where do you base your assumptions?

I think most HG500s are harder than an average #4, but given how easily and extremely HGs season, if it's very seasoned some go as low as like 3.5ish (I think Alawadhi or someone had one this low) Unless yours is calibrated, it's hard to say that it's harder than an average #4.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one Teemu. It's a very bold statement to say you can beat such people as Joe Kinney, Tommy Heslep, and others without any form of proof.

Is Paul Savage the same person as viper? It has a link to viper's youtube in his sig.

I've heard of some #4 closers that have used the BB Pro for negatives. Anything above that... it's going to be a very long time. The BBSG has 1/2 diameter spring. It will NEVER be closed by human hands. It's just a novelty. :)

Beginner (110 lbs pressure)

Advanced (130 lbs pressure)

Super Advanced (165 lbs pressure)

Master (190 lbs pressure)

Super Master (235 lbs pressure)

Grand Master (250 lbs pressure)

Elite (300 lbs pressure)

Super Elite (340 lbs pressure)

Grand Elite (365 lbs pressure) Equal to COC#4

Pro (450 lbs pressure)

World Class (535 lbs pressure)

Galaxy (595 lbs pressure)

Super Galaxy (870 lbs pressure)

Whether people have calibrated grippers or not is entirely their own business, but if claims are made to such extent such as Paul here is assuming that he will be the first to have closed "#4+ grippers", I'm sure he probably has some facts to back that up too? As long as grippers vary, it's quite daring to say the least to make comparisons like that and present them as facts.

Edited by Teemu I

Ahhh I thought so. And no I'm not at all surprised by his claims either.

Stalwart, a few people like kilkillen (sp?) also use a narrow pro (can't remember the spread) that cals at like 4.06 for negs and he's gotten pretty close to closing it if I remember right.

Anyway, I don't think anything above maybe a RB365 (which is about a 4.3 and even that is VERY unlikely to happen)will ever be closed by human hands in a conventional close (meaning no chest crushes or anything like that).

hg500's are rated higher than #4's on the gripper chart (i dont know where it is), along with rb365, pro's etc this is why i would rate it higher first of all

i wouldn't think there would be any hg500 easier than a 3.5 no matter how much someones stomp'd it (which would hurt you're foot more than the gripper), an pretty sure i remember sam saying that 500 is harder than his old #4 an probably on par with his new one, i think the rating was more on a chest crush, but they are easier to chest crush cuss of the big handles

from my experience the 400 an 500 dont just keep seasoning down, they only seem to season to a certain point, the spreads get much smaller basically straight away, within the first couple of closes they can lose a half inch, but after some use, the spread stays the same an they dont get any easier, i was closing my hg400's for many explosive rep out sets a while back, session after session, an the spreads are still the same now as they were before all that. My easiest hg500, ive done loads of negs on it, attempts, an now some spring held closes, last i checked the spread is the same as it was ages back like the 400's, it's roughly 2 3/4in, an i think it was about 3 1/4 or 1/2 out of the package, cant really remember - i would definately say my bigger hands suit these bigger grippers, they feel much better in my hands, an still, it's harder for me than my #4. My other hg500 that ive only done 1 workout with, had a spread of closer to 4in than 3in out the package, it now has a spread of 3in, an i would rate it as being more like a #5 in it's current state if you wanna compare to coc.

I dont know how hard my #4 is, only that it's harder than my sub flush mounted rb330, an 330 fits right below the #4 on the chart, so i would guess it's about what it should be

as far as evidence goes, vid will be posted on youtube when i close it, an i assume ill close it soon because im closer now without holding the spring, than i was holding the spring not long back

I wasn't asking for videos. Point for my post was that as grippers vary all over the place, you can't draw conclusions like that out of the thin air.

I wasn't asking for videos. Point for my post was that as grippers vary all over the place, you can't draw conclusions like that out of the thin air.

did you not read my post?

Ok viper calm down.

First off, let me say before you have claimed to close a #4, when the video showed you to be 3/8"+ out. I'm just saying I still don't trust your reliability and won't until I see a crystal clear video, no skipping or any of that (claiming that's why you couldn't see it closed), of you closing the grippers you claim to be able to

Ok viper calm down.

First off, let me say before you have claimed to close a #4, when the video showed you to be 3/8"+ out. I'm just saying I still don't trust your reliability and won't until I see a crystal clear video, no skipping or any of that (claiming that's why you couldn't see it closed), of you closing the grippers you claim to be able to

im not allowed to talk about closing that other gripper, so im not going to

im perfectly calm, though i probably shouldn't be, cuss even though ill close this 500 on the video, there seems to be some plan to take credit away from me before ive even done it haha but whatever, i dont understand all that cuss im not the type to hate on people, but at the end of the day, to anybody who thinks it's even remotely easy - go get a hg500, stomp the hell out of it for a couple hours (or until you break you're foot), an then try an close it >chances are, you'll try set it, fail, an then go 'meh'

did you not read my post?

Yes I did, every word of it. Which is why I replied as I did. Your assumptions are based on your own grippers, (or the grippers Sam has), how they relate to one another.

The chart you refer to can only be used as a reference. It doesn't tell, how hard your particular grippers are. Or mine.

You are saying how your #4 is harder than your RB 330 and therefore falsely assuming that your #4 is "about what it should be" . You are also saying how your HG500 is harder than your #4 and further assuming that is must be "a #4+ gripper then". Another false assumption. You simply can't go that far in your assumptions as you have a moving baseline.

So calm down and think for a second. Hasn't it ever occurred to you for a moment, that your idea about your grippers difficulty and where they actually stand might be off?

You can only say how your grippers rank compared to your grippers. So it is quite a stretch to say that you will be closing a "#4+ gripper" and the way you said it implies that you would see that as the hardest gripper closed.

You have taken this all wrong and think that this is personal. No, it is not. I have nothing against you personally and I have never said or will say that your grippers are or must be easy. Whenever you close a hard gripper on a clear video, I will give credit to you. I don't think aynone on this board who is demanding proof has anything against you personally. But if I were making claims in a way you do, I would be better prepared to face what's coming. Do not take offence, but think how you come out with all the stuff you say, please.

Edited by Teemu I

I'm going to have to agree with Teemu again on this one ... with everything he's said. With a moving baseline it's possible that all of your grippers are just sub standard strength but because you only compare them to them you can't get an actual, valid rating on your grippers.

Viper, if you have legitimate proof, without video skipping, no having it closed when you claim you do, 3 minutes of white wall in between showing the gripper and the close, or any other BS, no one will take any credit away from you. They will accept what you have claimed to be for a while, a good gripper closer.

teemu - the reason why i would take this as a personal attack, is for reasons like you saying 'calm down and think for a second' ive already said im calm, an of course im thinking, so stop insulting me, i dont insult you + for some reason you are suggesting that my grippers are easy (insulting me again), yet you've never used any of them, so how could you know im falesly assuming anything or anything is a stretch? you know a lot less about the difficulty of my grippers than i do

viking - my name is paul savage