Getting Serious - Quest For Coc No 2

stevenr

I know it is probably easy meat to most on this forum, but despite very patching training recently (due to work, family commitments etc) and a run of illness, I went back to the grippers yesterday and was happy that I knocked out sets of 5 with the No 1 and also closed the 1.5. I would have liked to have closed it more convincingly than I did but closed is closed I suppose! Anyway, I am determined to get my arse into gear and make a dedicated run on the No 2 by March next year. Is that a realistic time frame?

I'm getting a plate loading grip-machine soon and hoe that the added variety and finer weight increases it can accomodate will help me to push my grip training forward. I know the movement does not translate exactly to the grippers, but have others found the grip-machine to be a good assistance exercise in pushing their gripper closing forward?

I decided to post this goal, not because I thought it would make for very interesting reading, but because I wanted to 'put it out there' as it was to get me focused on the job at hand (no pun intended!). First off I really need to sort out a more structured routine. I have always had pretty poor recovery ability so x2 sessions per week is my max (from experience). I have grippers up to No3 (hoping!), a Rolling Thunder, lever bar, BB+weights, wrist roller and grip-machine on the way. So I have the tools I just need to structure my routine.

Anyway, enough talk, more action now.

Your goal of closing the #2 by March is very realistic if you train properly. Getting the grip machine was step in the right direction. Joe Kinney used a grip machine along with grippers. I figure if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for anyone else. Good luck with your goal. Be sure to let everyone know when you close.

Your goal of closing the #2 by March is very realistic if you train properly. Getting the grip machine was step in the right direction. Joe Kinney used a grip machine along with grippers. I figure if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for anyone else. Good luck with your goal. Be sure to let everyone know when you close.

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts. Much appreciated.