Baseball Grip Training

TravisRush

So I'm wondering how this grip workout looks. I play highly competitive year-round baseball and grip is immensely important. I lift specifically for baseball 3 times per week, along with 3 practices per week. Currently, I have a Ivanko Super Gripper, 2 jokely-made grippers from sports store, weights/bars, wrist roller, etc. I'm in the process of making blobs from 60 pounders to 90 pounders. But, back to my workout, this is what I have so far:

Day 1:

Plate Pinch w/ only fingers 1X to failure

Plate Pinch w/ full grip 1X to failure

Plate Pinch w/ smooth out 1X to failure

Plate Hub Hold 1X to failure

Day 5:

Dumbbell End Hold 1X to failure

Farmer's Walk with dumbbells 1X to failure

Wrist Curls with Barbell behind back 3X20

Zottman Curls 3X10

I do all of my lifting at L.A. Fitness (my job) and I am not able to do exactly what I want as far as grip training until I get home. Once I finish the blobs and whatnot, I will most likely make a new program and split up my lifting and grip time.

Let me know what you all think.

Cool stuff - if I was training grip for baseball, the majority of my training would include swinging and levering sledgehammers.

Cool stuff - if I was training grip for baseball, the majority of my training would include swinging and levering sledgehammers.

I couldn't find any sledges less than 10 pounds.

Just make one then. Buy yourself a hickory handle then add a 5lb plate or whatever you want. You can buy some fancy clamps to hold it or ghetto attach it with a butt load of duct tape.