World class bb?

ruffhans

i think they call it the world class bb. does anyone own one? and are they tougher than an IM #4? the way ive been seeing on here how some peoples #4 grippers are coming in at 500 lbs, i wonder if its a lill easy'r if any one owns one let me now before i buy one. :)

I don't own one but on an old thread they said it's way harder than a #4. They said it makes the #4 look like a two.

Imagine pulling the springs out of your car, cutting them down to three coils, and attaching 3.5 inch handles to each side.

When someone finally closes the world class, THEY will be the badest man in the grip world.

Rick Walker  :hehe

No one will close a World Class until they have bionic replacements for hands and arms.

Awww come on, some of us like to have wild imaginations. :D

I don't think it's impossible.  It would be interesting to find out what the longest period of time that anyone has ever seriously trained the grippers is.  If it takes someone one year to close the #3 how much further can they go in say 20 years of serious training?

No one will close a World Class until they have bionic replacements for hands and arms.

Like Ash on Army of Darkness? I should get to my nearest blacksmith's shop.  :p

They used to say that no one would squat a grand either.  Now its almost common place at any big meet, in any federation.

Some one will close it-nothing is impossible wannagrip.  You of all people should believe in that.

Rick Walker :hehe

Some one will close it-nothing is impossible

That's what I think. It might take someone 25-30yrs, but it will be  done. The 1st to do it is already grip training I think. (I don't know who, but it's not like it will be 100yrs before it's done)

Until someone squats a grand RAW and deep I put most 1000lb squats in Wanna's "bionic replacement category".  

My take on gear is this:  Similar to a true street category of drag racing where the cars must ride fifty or so miles in downtown traffic before racing......maybe supportive gear should be subject to a similar test.  Have the guys walk up a few flights of stairs wearing their squat suits and wraps, maybe have them pick up a bunch of change on the floor, maybe make them wear it all day, or imagine this.....have them get their gear on by themselves.  Otherwise it's a team sport.  

I know, its the GRIPBOARD....sorry.

As for the BB WC, it would either take a serious genetic freak with double thick tendons or something like 20-25 years of training where the tendons, joints thicken and strengthen over time.  With that gripper it's at the point of being a strength of materials thing.

Can any Coc get the World Class anywhere near parallel ?

If so, I would think it would be possible for someone to close it eventually.  As several posteres have pointed out, no one has really seriously trained grippers for a long period of time.

Robert

Terminator-

You don't think Eddy Coan does his squats deep??  And, he might not do it raw, but he wears single ply suits, just like KAZ did in his prime, and legal knee wraps.  Testament to years and years of training.

How about Mikesell?  Not only did he sink a grand, he did 1070-and, it was DEEP.  He is also a COC.

And what about Greg Lowe?  He did an easy 850 raw and drug free and just missed 900.  It was said he was handling poundages near a grand in training and a a grand squat for him is very close.  This was done in the ADAU-very strict.  He is 46.

My point is-anything is possible.  How many of us squat heay poundages for 20+ years?  If we did-we might see our true potentials.  When Westisde says a 700-pound squat is a joke-i understand why.  

The WCBB will be closed.  If you dont think so, you have already limited yourself.  So, if you train for 30 years and you still can't close it, it wasnt meant to be for you-but just think how strong your grip will be after 30 hard years of training!?!

Rick Walker

:hehe

Guest Mikael Siversson

Maybe Terminator means a 1000lbs drug free squat without gear and without having the bar a few inches above your rear end. Ed Coan is extremely strong. He has also been caught extremely frequently (relatively speaking) in drug testing.

I believe he has been "caught" 3 times.  The first, November 9th, 1985 in at the IPF World Championships in Finland.  He used decadurabolin legally 6 months prior to rehab a pec tear.

The second, November 16th, 1989, IPF World Championships in Canada.  His testosterone to epi-testosterone came in over the allowed 6-1 ratio.  No drugs were ever found in his system.

And his third, which resulted in a lifetime suspension from the IPF, was November 16ht, 1996 at the IPF world Championships in Austria.  Again, his TE ration was above the allowed 6-1.  Again, not a trace of steriods were found in his system.  He appealed because of the IPF's sloppy procedures, but lost.

I think his track record is #### good.  3 times, and only once was there a steriod in his system, and it was given to him legally for medical reasons.

There are rules for bar placement.  

Rick Walker    :hehe

Guest Mikael Siversson

Most competitors that get caught have a perfectly "valid" explanation as to why they failed to pass the drug test. In this regard, Ed is no different than any of the others.

He appealed because of the IPF's sloppy procedures, but lost.

That was when he was walking down the crowded hallway with an open cup full of his stuff where anybody could have tampered with it, right? Ed's lifts as a teenager I think are a good indication of his ability. I doubt he would have used anything very heavily (if at all) when he was really young, & he still deadlifted 800 or something.

How many of you own a World Class?

No one can even close an easy 4 right now.

No one will close my World Class.   If you tried it in person and got feedback from someone close to closing a 4 you would know.

I have a World Class as well as COC's T through No. 4.

Simply put, if the No. 4 is regarded as being a bear, then the World Class is a Mastadon!

I do, however, think someone will be able to close it.

My World class on a scale related to the T-4 is about a 6.5-7.

I own a measured 4 at 580 something and it's a toy next to my World Class. It's like a person who could close a trainer trying a 3.  

Let's wait for multiple people to close the 4 before we start saying a world class is a done deal.  As terminator pointed out, it's a strength of materials issue and the current human gene pool just doesn't cut it. Now, if some genetic mutant (a real created one) comes along, then who knows.

I don't own a world class, but I have closed one on my leg.  It is tough--really tough, but I think my wide superelite is tougher, since I can't close it on my leg.  It may be because of the width, that I can't set the SE, but I think the WC's true closing strength is being blown out of proportion just a bit here.  If a WC was made as wide as my SE, then you would have the ultimate monster.  The WC I tried was pretty narrow.

My opinion, Someone will get the WC eventually--assuming that grip strength as a form of strength doesn't loose its momentum.

Just my 2 cents.

I have a world class as well as an elite and a super elite.  After I tried Riotgrip's, I had to get them for myself.

As far as no one closing a #4 right now-thats true.  But, many of the guys on this board, and probably many else where, have only been training grip for a short period.  Myself, I have only hit grip hard for about 7 or so months.  If I could close the #4 after 7 months of training-I would be Kinney :0 !

Give it time wannagrip-as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.  I think there are quite a few of us "youngsters" that have a lot of years left of squeezing to EVER think the world class could'nt be closed.  When you see teenagers closing the #3-you can't count out anything.  These kids have 50+ years of squeezing left in them.

Remember-when we first started the #3 felt like an unmoveable brick ;)

Rick Walker :hehe

Maybe I have a tough WC?  If I tried "closing it on my leg" I might as well pound sand first. :)

All I am saying is people will have to conquer FOUR's first and that isn't happening yet.

Plus, does anyone know what strength of materials means (Pat mentioned this) from an engineering standpoint, physics, and the human body?  I am not looking for an answer, but if you are not educated on these subjects then your information base is based mostly on emotion rather than at least considering the facts. :)