New Ironmind Catalog

gerryg

The only new thing I saw that looks interesting is the new head harness allows for side of the neck work.

Other then that...same old. Also, the 'dogleg' comments, etc. were a bit off the wall. That is Randy though, he makes his money regardless.

It seems like the comments about seasoning, doglegs etc. were meant as "don't worry too much about stuff that doesn't really matter, just squeeze grippers hard". You know his typical "less bluster more hard work" stuff. I was a little taken aback by it at first but...whatever.

I received my catalog today.

I was not offended by the gripper comments, and felt personally singled out on the "dog leg" comment. Proud of it, too.

At AOBS 2006, Saturday afternoon, Tommy H was being tested on the new IM "new gripper out of the package credit card rule". I opened both the #2 and the #3 gripper packages, and took my crack at both of them. I held both up before I squeezed, determining the dogleg side before hand. You could tell Randy thought it was silly, but I didn't care.

I think this is just Randy's way of trying to be funny while promoting his product. He is not naturally a funny guy, so it is no big surprise that it comes off as odd.

My 2 cents.

The flashlights in the catalog are new. I have this habit of buying flashlights for all of my family members for Christmas. It really pisses them off, but they keep losing flashlights, so the flashlights keep coming. So, "flashlights from IronMind"? Heh heh heh... looks like another round of flashlights in 2007...See? Just as most of you don't appreciate his humor, my family does not appreciate mine either.

You guys could be right about Randy, but I still took it as offensive, even if it wasn't meant so.

The IMTUG7 is the EXACT same spring as the Trainer, Aaron measured it with a caliper.

Josh, your idea might not be bad, but the downside is you don't get the fat more comfortable handles and the hemi end. But if they don't make them, not a bad idea.

Hubgeezer, the flashlights aren't new, they were in the summer issue. Haha sounds like a great gift, but damn those flashlights are expensive!

The only new thing I saw that looks interesting is the new head harness allows for side of the neck work.

Other then that...same old. Also, the 'dogleg' comments, etc. were a bit off the wall. That is Randy though, he makes his money regardless.

That headstrap has my attention!

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/...asp?number=1232

I think Randy is a pretty smart person so I find it hard to believe that he didn't know what he was saying. I think he knew exactly what he was saying. He isn't that dumb. If he was just trying to be funny than he should have no problem posting a reply on his sight saying his is sorry for his comments. In business if you say something trying to be funny and it comes across wrong you still have to be held accountable with your customers with what you say even if you are trying to say the right thing. Can I say whatever I want to my customers and just say I was trying to be funny and and if you don't like it than thats your problem. Only if I want my business to go to hell.

Edited by patrick

Are we talking about the same tihng here? Comments on 1) Seasoning 2) Dog legs 3) Deep sets? From page 56 of the catalog? Or is there something I missed?

At first I found the comments pretty offensive but when I realized how ignorant they were, I found them more amusing than offensive; kind of like an 8 y/o trying to insult you. That said, I agree with Patrick, and if he hadn't recently set up the Marunde fund I wouldn't have purchased the 3 TUGS that I ordered about 20 min ago. I saw Scott's for sale almost as soon as they went up and I purposely didn't go after them, even though it would have saved me about $25, because I wanted to give my money to IM for their support of the Marunde family.

Are we talking about the same tihng here? Comments on 1) Seasoning 2) Dog legs 3) Deep sets? From page 56 of the catalog? Or is there something I missed?

I think that's what we're talking about. Is there anything else?

Oh, there's also his comment about "use a deep set if you want to pretend you're stronger than you really are and if you want to set yourself up for injury" on pg. 55. Oh please, give me a break Randy