New Ironmind Catalog

gerryg

I asked for one when I got my rolling thunder this week but no catalogue....maybe still at print or somethinng....

Haven't seen much new, except two levels of egg.

My new IM catalog has not yet arrived. Does anyone know if there are any new grip toys this year?

I see a new Ironmind drawstring bag, and a DVD of Steve Jeck and Chris Kennedy training in Jeck's garage. And as mentioned above a new, softer EGG which is green, and the Healthy Hands Kit now seems to ship with.

Sincerely, William

Edited by william

That's a bummer! Last year they came out with the .5 grippers and the year before it was the Tugs, I thought they would come out with another great idea this year!

I really like IMTUGs. Would be great if there was one that would be a bit harder than #7.

They'd better do something to improve the Hand Gripper Helpers. They are basically useless imo. Maybe something that could latch on or stick to the inside of the handles, so the hands don't have expend any extra energy keeping the HGH in place.

I really like IMTUGs. Would be great if there was one that would be a bit harder than #7.

Yes, IMTUG #12 for you :D

I enjoyed the "commentary" on setting grippers and that identifying the dogleg :dry

Yeah me too, especially since in the same book he tells you to buy to get a set of pictures showing you how to parallel set a gripper :happy . Is finding the dogleg against the original spirit of the challenge now too?

I did like the pic of Allen Fisher messing with the TUG. Did anyone notice how it looked like he had a ridge rising up out of the middle of his forearm, from his elbow to about half-way down his arm....freaky.

I don't really want to start a huge heap of shit, but the commentary was pretty insulting to guys who give a shit about the grip game.

Too bad really, Strossen's stuff got alot of us into this, and we still throw plenty of business his way.

I agree with the part on setting grippers. Strossen might as well have spit straight in the face of some of his best customers with his comments. I work in a business and you dont treat good customers like that no matter what you think of them. His comments were very disrespectful and cant be justified.

I think he should apologize to his customers for his comments. We support ironmind and buy there products so the least he could do is be spectful with what he says.

Also I just made a order for some christmas gifts for people today from ironmind. Not that they care.

Edited by patrick

One thing I did really enjoy was that pic of Jesse. I had never seen that before. I would never have guessed that was him! He put on a little muscle, eh?

This is my reply about a Tug#8.

Dear Gerry,

Many thanks for asking about this.

Being able to close the No. 6 and the No. 7 IMTUG is the gateway to

closing the No. 3 and No. 4 Captains of Crush gripper, which is why

so few people can do it - even among grip board members, this is

probably a very rare feat of strength. Maybe when we have more

people clicking out honest reps on the No. 4 Captains of Crush

gripper, we will have revisit this, but for now, the IMTUG6 or and

IMTUG7 seem perfect for guys edging up toward or already at a world-

class level of grip strength. Do you agree?

Thanks again for asking about this and please feel free to keep us

posted on what you think - we're here to help you reach your goals.

Best wishes,

Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.

President

IronMind Enterprises, Inc.

I don't agree with that. There are much more people capable of closing the IMTUG 7 then the #4 and if a decent number of people are closing this, why not make another one? And I don't see how people closing the #4 and the need for an IMTUG8 are that related? Anyone else want to comment?

God love him but the man gets more and more out of touch with reality everyday.

Ive done 3 reps with my tug7 with ring and pinky and still am missing my #4 by a little bit.
I can close the Imtug #7 and am still just dreaming about #4 close.

When they introduced Imtugs, I don't think they could have had that clear picture of what gripper close equals what Imtug close and vice verca. How could they? Well you can't blame them for that, these things are hard to predict. When I got my Imtug #7, I thought at first that what the heck will I be able to do with this. But now I'm sure I could use a bit harder Imtug in my training.

My guess is that they originally thought #7 to be strong enough for index and middle finger work. When I told Mr. Strossen about me having closed Imtug#7 with my pinky and ring finger steadying the gripper by holding the spring, he was quite amazed. He also wrote on the IM news when I got certified that I was the first he had heard of beeing able to do that. I'm thinking that more guys should just inform him when they close these harder tugs, so he would have a better picture.

I will take a new, better video of the imtug #7 pinky+ring finger close and send it to Mr. Strossen. I've had some good discussions with him.

If they won't make harder ones, what about cutting the handles short on a #1? The #7 is just a trainer spring right? It wouldn't have the hemi handles but I'm not sure how much that adds??

Edited by jad

If they won't make harder ones, what about cutting the handles short on a #1? The #7 is just a trainer spring right? It wouldn't have the hemi handles but I'm not sure how much that adds??

I think you are right about Imtug #7 having the same spring as a Trainer.

Your idea might be good, you would get more ROM as well.