Top 50 Euro Pinch List

EricMilfeld

Unless I hear back from Mikael, I'm thinking about taking over this list. Are these the only results that need to be added to the list:

Frank Henritzi 91,25kg

Martin Kotte 84,74kg

Thomas Becker 80,86kg

Eric Franz 80,86kg

GGC 2007 results aren't up. I'm not sure who all had PR's that make or change the list - I know my results went up some.

Right on Eric. I'm not on the pinch list, but I'm still wondering about the LGC list. Hope you take it over too.

Right on Eric. I'm not on the pinch list, but I'm still wondering about the LGC list. Hope you take it over too.

I'd also like to start a list of the FBBC 2" v-bar lifts performed in contest with calibrated weight. As far as I know, this year's Show of Hands will be the first contest doing that. I hope it starts a trend.

I'd also like to start a list of the FBBC 2" v-bar lifts performed in contest with calibrated weight. As far as I know, this year's Show of Hands will be the first contest doing that. I hope it starts a trend.

We will be doing that with calibrated weights at the Cactus Grip in Feb as well if I can help it.

- Aaron

As soon as I receive the calibrated results from the Global Grip Challenge 2007 from Jedd I'll be updating the Euro Pinch list. This will include the results from Hahnenbacher, as well. Are any other Euro Pinch results absent from the list?

Unless someone has a suggestion for improvement I'll be carrying on the list in the tradition that Mikael started.

As soon as I receive the calibrated results from the Global Grip Challenge 2007 from Jedd I'll be updating the Euro Pinch list. This will include the results from Hahnenbacher, as well. Are any other Euro Pinch results absent from the list?

Unless someone has a suggestion for improvement I'll be carrying on the list in the tradition that Mikael started.

He restricted it to all round contests only as opposed to single lift events like the Peter Horne memorial event. With an asterisk after these could be included. The strict refereeing etc should remain.

He restricted it to all round contests only as opposed to single lift events like the Peter Horne memorial event. With an asterisk after these could be included. The strict refereeing etc should remain.

Steve, I say we go ahead and include the single lift events, as well, without the asterisk. After all, there's nothing to prevent someone from taking token lifts on all events preceding the Euro Pinch in a multi event contest. And for that matter, if the Euro Pinch was contested first in a multi event contest, again, the issue becomes a moot point.

Are any other Euro Pinch results absent from the list?

Yep.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=24688

I think my effort might make it into the top 50. . . .then again maybe it won't.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. What's your last name?

I am not much of a contest guy but Mikael has his point about only accepting contest lifts (5 guys competing at least,...etc). Remember Theo he got huge V-bar in his super match with Steve. And while still getting a WR for V-bar in MGC (Germany) the weights was less. So IMHO, the list should go the way it started or as Martin said it should be two different lists.

We used calibrated weights for the 2" vbar lift at the HGC.

I didn't calibrate the vbar itself though.

Do you require that the vbar is calibrated itself?

And if so, it is ok to weigh it and give you the updated results of the comp then?

Asterisk please.

Me too...

IMHO the best thing would be two different lists.

I quite agree, but if the masses demand one list then at least there should be some qualifiers. This would also keep historical records accurate - the reader will not have to trawl through more records to find out what circumstances were involved.

The point about taking token lifts is received and accepted, but that is unavoidable.

I believe either an asterisk or separate lists myself - years from now, after grip has either gone mainstream or is gone period - it will be good to look back and have as much information as possible on who did what, and how.

I am not much of a contest guy but Mikael has his point about only accepting contest lifts (5 guys competing at least,...etc). Remember Theo he got huge V-bar in his super match with Steve. And while still getting a WR for V-bar in MGC (Germany) the weights was less. So IMHO, the list should go the way it started or as Martin said it should be two different lists.

I have no great issue either way other than the overly restrictive attitude Mikeal had and would like to see a slight change to the better.

For ease of purpose I'm happy to use the start date as a forward point - no need to go trawling back through events and updating old lists.

my vote would be asterisk or separate list.

i like how Mikeal keeped it strict. i think we need the official rules actually written out. not only the performance of the lift but the requirements like someone else said; 5 or more people, euro implement, height requirement, etc.

i like how Mikeal keeped it strict. i think we need the official rules actually written out. not only the performance of the lift but the requirements like someone else said; 5 or more people, euro implement, height requirement, etc.

Good idea.

We used calibrated weights for the 2" vbar lift at the HGC.

I didn't calibrate the vbar itself though.

Do you require that the vbar is calibrated itself?

And if so, it is ok to weigh it and give you the updated results of the comp then?

Yes, Franky, that would be fine. Let me know when you have the corrected results.

Okay, I've pinned the updated list with Hahnenbacher, GGC 2007, and Capo Victoria results. Well, actually, I might be receiving one more set of results.

I've also pinned rules for list inclusion which includes the rules of performance according to the Euro Pinch's maker, David Horne. These rules require that the lift be performed in a contest. Should we define contest, and if so, how should we define it? I wanted some feedback on this question before I go any further with the rules.

Eric,

Well done on stepping up to the task!

Here in the BHSA we have 2 sets of records; All-round contest record and Single event record.

A British Record in the All-round contest section is achieved -

If you have beaten the previous record in a BHSA sanctioned Grip contest, which has 3 or more events in it. It also has to have at least 2 competitors. A supermatch event of 3 or more events will suffice.

The record attempt can feature anywhere in the order of the events. ie 1st or last event.

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/bhsaorganisation.html

David

Yes strict it should be.

my vote would be asterisk or separate list.