For Those Who Closed #3

southpaw83

For those who closed the #3, how many reps can you do with a #2? I can close the #2 for 5 reps and I just wanted a rough estimate of how much longer until I can close a 3

For me, (with parallel set) I did over 25 reps on my #2 (which I think might be a hardish one, not totally sure though) at the same time I first closed my #3 for a single.

From what others say it seems to depend not only on the individual athlete but also on the difference between the #2 and #3 that he is using.

So at a guess, maybe anything between 15 and 30+ reps? Probably at least 15 though!

For me, (with parallel set) I did over 25 reps on my #2 (which I think might be a hardish one, not totally sure though) at the same time I first closed my #3 for a single.

From what others say it seems to depend not only on the individual athlete but also on the difference between the #2 and #3 that he is using.

So at a guess, maybe anything between 15 and 30+ reps? Probably at least 15 though!

ok thanks, i'll have to try parallels

I have yet to close the #3 but thought I would add this. I have done 20 reps on my #2(MMS) and at that time was 1/4 away from my #3. Right now I can probably do around 12 parallel reps on my #2 and I'm 3/16 away from the #3.

It also depends on the method used to get to the #3.

Also, I think there was an older topic where many #3 closers only have gotten around 10 || reps on the #2.

It varies from person to person of course, but i reckon the standard is like 20 reps to get to the no.3. I think for me anyway around the time i closed the no.3 i could bang out 25 reps on the no.2

i did 28 (MMS) reps with coc2 and about 1/2 inch to close coc3.

Wow. My PR for reps on the #2 is 15. I've never really trained reps, however. I just go for a max now and again.