Fat Bastard Barbell Special Edition Grippers Are Here

John Beatty

John,

Will FBBC have a cert list for the HARD gripper? What kind of set will be allowed?

I think John already said yes to the cert and the set was parallel or wider.

My bad, some how I missed that post. Thanks!

I think you missed the post because it was on another site! ;) Don't think it appeared here? :unsure

That must be it, so my bad..:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• gerryg

• MalachiMcMullen

• RiotGrip

So from first impressions it seems like the 280 is somewhat harder than an average #3.5?

Atleast it's way harder to set than any of the four different #3.5's I've closed. I'd say yes.

So from first impressions it seems like the 280 is somewhat harder than an average #3.5?

Atleast it's way harder to set than any of the four different #3.5's I've closed. I'd say yes.

Jeez, I was going to get one until you posted that! My RB300 and my IM 3.5 are about the same. I was hoping it was like a hard Elite, a MM3 or so. Sounds too tough for me. I will have to limit my next order to the current hottest ticket, the 2 Inch FBBC Vbar.

Then again, it is a unique gripper, maybe... :shifty

I would say it is harder gripper than a hard Elite, I wouldn't know about MMG3. I think it's the spread more than anything that makes it that difficult.

But as you said, it's unique..and it's really nice looking gripper with a good knurling. I will start to include that into my training.

I would say it is harder gripper than a hard Elite, I wouldn't know about MMG3. I think it's the spread more than anything that makes it that difficult.

But as you said, it's unique..and it's really nice looking gripper with a good knurling. I will start to include that into my training.

Sounds like it may be similar (in spread anyway) to the Silver Crush #3. I might do a video comparison when my 280 arrives.

OK, that's the HARD, what about the SUPER? BB WC, BB Galaxy?

One guy on the Finnish forums said, that SUPER he got is easier than his #4. It doesn't have a spread as wide as the HARD does.

Sounds like it may be similar (in spread anyway) to the Silver Crush #3. I might do a video comparison when my 280 arrives.

I don't know about Silver Crush #3's, never had a chance to try any. How far are you from closing your SC #3?

I don't know about Silver Crush #3's, never had a chance to try any. How far are you from closing your SC #3?

I actually haven't tried it for a long time. When I get back to heavier grippers (currently doing high volume on easier ones (RB180etc) and hands are in a slightly overtrained state) I'll try it.

On the vid I'm planning to do I'll compare the spreads and handles on the FBBC 280, Silver Crush #3 and my newest 2006 #3.

OK, that's the HARD, what about the SUPER? BB WC, BB Galaxy?

The Super is tougher than my #4 and both of my HG500s, but not by a lot. I was unable to fully chest crush the Super on my first try. The other grippers mentioned have been chest crushed.

One guy on the Finnish forums said, that SUPER he got is easier than his #4. It doesn't have a spread as wide as the HARD does.

Well, I'd say that is a unique case unless the GR8 #4s are significantly harder than they were.

For all who have been following this topic, the spread on my RB280 is 2 15/16"/7.5cm and the spread on my RB400 is 2 13/16" /7.2cm--not overly wide in my opinion. Can't comment on the spreads of others.

I don't know what the spread is on Teemu's RB280 vs. his 3.5(s), but so far in this thread we have there are reports that the RB280 is harder than the #3.5 and the RB 400 is easier than the #4 :blink --That doesn't make much sense. It seems that a lot of people only purchased the RB280 and not the RB400, perhaps these grippers vary a lot, it may be a good idea to get a bit more data on them.

Come Gripmas I will take my FBBC Hard and Super's to Chris's and calibrate them on his RGC if it isn't done beforehand.

My Hard has over a 3" spread. My Super is just under 3" so about 2 15/16.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Spread on my RB 280 is 7,8 cm. Widest of the #3.5's I've closed has a 7,6 cm spread. The day I got the HARD, I took a few attempts on the 3,54 calibrated #3.5 with a 7,5 cm spread and took a few attempts on the RB 280 as well. I had a bad gripper day, but still I have no doubt the 280 was way harder than the #3.5 which pretty much is what it is supposed to be.

I'll get some of my grippers calibrated this weekend, including RB 280. Also the 400 I mentioned is going to be calibrated. I'll post about the calibration results in this thread.

Huge variations don't surprise me at all, from the calibration data gathered here in Finland, RB-grippers vary the most. Also what's different about many RB's is, that they are often relatively harder on the sweep but get relatively easier towards the close.

My HARD calibrated at 3,49. However, calibration doesn't reflect accurately the actual difficulty experienced. In this case the wide spread makes it feel more difficult and as I thought, the gripper is easier towards the end. Good gripper, I'm pleased. Pretty much what I hoped it would be.

Good to know Teemu, out of curiosity, how does the spring diameter compare to the 3.5? I've found that even with similar closing pressures, spring diameter always equals a tougher sweep.

I haven't measured, don't have the measure for that, maybe someone else has?

SUPER I mentioned was harder than #4 after all..it was 4,14. Guy who owns it had his estimate as much wrong as I did.. :) RB's are different.

:ohmy 4,14! Wonder how mine will compare. Did you get a chance to cal the Hard?

Yes, look above. :cool

Yes, look above. :cool

:blush I'm dense

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see all the discussion of the toys here. I'm waiting for the 1st cert close, guys, somebody get the HARD closed!

Glad to see all the discussion of the toys here. I'm waiting for the 1st cert close, guys, somebody get the HARD closed!
I'll have to give that a serious try next week.

My silver elite, which has the same specs as the silvercrush 3, has a 3.25" spread I think. It is in the same league as an average 3.5, just a real bitch because of the spread.

I'll have to give that a serious try next week.

Could not resist, took the close on video already and sent it to you John.