Fat Bastard Barbell Special Edition Grippers Are Here

John Beatty

The main batch of grippers got here today and I'm pretty excited! They'll be available at the BBB, and until they're sold out! Great looking with a good sharp knurling. 280 & 400 strengths.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• gerryg

• MalachiMcMullen

• RiotGrip

There's a good chance I'll buy a set this weekend!

Board members,

Remember to support our sponsors. By supporting them, you support what we do here on the gripboard.

Thanks.

The main batch of grippers got here today and I'm pretty excited! They'll be available at the BBB, and until they're sold out! Great looking with a good sharp knurling. 280 & 400 strengths.

Looking forawrd to getting my set this weekend ;)

Board members,

Remember to support our sponsors. By supporting them, you support what we do here on the gripboard.

Thanks.

That's good enough for me Wanna. I'm going to order the 280. Should be cool with the chromed handles.

Looking forward to getting my set this weekend ;)

Me too!!! :rock

They'll be available at the BBB, and until they're sold out! Great looking with a good sharp knurling.

John, is there a link that you can provide where we can order them over the 'net?? Thanks!! :D

I just ordered the 280 tonight! The grip collection keeps growing and growing!

Can't wait to get mine and give that a go!

I just ordered the 280 tonight! The grip collection keeps growing and growing!

My FBBC hard arrived today! It is a very nice looking gripper! Chrome spring and handles and it says FBBC on the bottom of one handle and HARD on the bottom of the other handle in black lettering. The nurling on the handles is very sharp and it feels alot tougher than my coc#3. I'm very happy that I added this gripper to my collection. Has anyone closed the FBBC HARD yet?

Has an RB330 closer given one a go? I can't even chest crush my FBBC Hard, the spring looks to be the same size as my new #3 but I can chest crush that one.

Got my HARD-gripper today, thanks John! It's a nice-looking and tough gripper with a huge spread, too much for me today. It's hard for me to estimate it's difficulty but I will get it calibrated.

Edited by Teemu I

if they are that hard, who is going to close the super first?

If the SUPER is harder than RB365, that isn't in sight for a long time. I don't think it will take long before somebody will close a HARD though. But you have to be really strong on the grippers to do that.

That HARD almost feels like you are trying to set two #3's at the same time! :D It is the widest of all my grippers.

Edited by Teemu I

I gave a couple of the Hards a good squeeze around midnight. I think I got one to 1" or so.

- Aaron

if they are that hard, who is going to close the super first?

If the SUPER is harder than RB365, that isn't in sight for a long time. I don't think it will take long before somebody will close a HARD though. But you have to be really strong on the grippers to do that.

That HARD almost feels like you are trying to set two #3's at the same time! :D It is the widest of all my grippers.

I gave a couple of the Hards a good squeeze around midnight. I think I got one to 1" or so.

- Aaron

OK, so two crush STUDS can't close the 280, I don't feel so bad. I got mine yesterday and the 280 was brought to about one inch(country mile in gripper speak), the Super I couldn't quite chest crush, so it is a real beast. I did buy an RB260 with my order from FBBC, and I was able to close it on one attempt(unseasoned), it is WAY easier than the 280. On the bright side, 280 and the 400 are probably the most attractive grippers I own :) . Was Chad able to close the 280 at the BBB? I hope anyone strong enough to close the 280 posts a vid when they do.

Greg, I felt pretty much humbled today.. far from "crush stud"! :D My guess is, that once you are strong enough to atleast set it properly, it isn't that bad towards the end. It felt that way when I chest crushed it to see if it actually can be closed..

I couldn't get a decent parallel set on mine (could get the handles to parallel with a lot of effort, but fingers weren't properly positioned then), but that happens to me on the #3.5's as well when I'm not having a good gripper day. So, it's hard to say anything except that HARD really is hard. :)

I would guess Chad is one of those guys who are already strong enough to close this gripper.

Edited by Teemu I

John,

Will FBBC have a cert list for the HARD gripper? What kind of set will be allowed?

I think John already said yes to the cert and the set was parallel or wider.

John,

Will FBBC have a cert list for the HARD gripper? What kind of set will be allowed?

My bad, some how I missed that post. Thanks!

John,

My bad, some how I missed that post. Thanks!

I think you missed the post because it was on another site! ;) Don't think it appeared here? :unsure