Bbb Wag

climber511

I don't know anything about the Hercules Hold and have never tried it in my life but I've noticed several WSM competitors tear their hands on it when I watch it on tv. This could be interesting since it's before the Axle Deadlift and 2" Vbar and the favorites for those events are the same....hmmm

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• jad

• acorn

• MalachiMcMullen

You might be a little wrong about Dave and the deadlift. I know he isn't pulling Ryan-like numbers, but he is no stranger to 500+. Stronger than a good percentage of the field.

Yeah Nick Best was telling me the Hercules Hold really tears your hands up. i did not know the events were in order already. i would like to see the H.H. last. it would be a good ending event since so many people will be close. endurance events and bending can take alot out of you. to keep the numbers high this is the order i would pick. i guess the most important event being last should be the endurance event.

Grippers

2" V-bar

Axle

Bending

H.H.

Dave is a good deadlifter. i think Jedd and him pull about the same. Not sure what Chad can do.

I didn't realize Dave was that good of a deadlifter. Combined with his ability to take pain with no outward reaction, the hercules hold may prove to be a good event for him. Given that he is in the running for first after all. This is going to be a very balanced competition.

I think events will go down like this:

Grippers - Chad (Sorinex gripper perfomance, Josh could upset)

2" V-bar - Ryan (Max 1" V-bar record, big deadlift, Dave could upset)

Axle - Ryan (433 training lift biggest I have heard of, Chad could upset)

Loading - Jedd (good with odd objects and moves fast, Dave could upset if he moves quick)

Bending - Aaron (won Michigan and unlikely to hold back for later events, Ryan could upset)

Hercules Hold - John (has held silver dollar deadlift record, able to train on equipment, Chad could upset)

I have - and so have many others - underestimated Dave in the past - don't make that mistake, especially on his endurance - he won the scale weight hold last year. Thinking that he won't be right up there near the top is a mistake not to make. The only reason I put him and Jedd where I did was because I don't see them winning any event big and gaining a bunch of points on any one event.

I think you've pretty much got it spot on Chris. I've pretty sure it's between Chad and Ryan, with Aaron a likely third. Will be a hell of an event at any rate.

With this lineup I'm just hoping for top 5. That will be a huge accomplishment with these monsters.

That and hopefully not injured :D

I'm thinking:

Grippers: Aaron and Chad tying for 1st

Bending: Aaron and Ryan tying for 1st (Chad unknown on this event)

Medley: Chad: I heard his head was up by the rim on the dunking incident so I'm assuming he can move pretty well and I guess he can pinch a little too :D

2" Vbar: Chad; Ryan has an edge on the 1" but I believe Chad has a bigger hand and more thumb power which will suit him better on the thick version

Axle: Ryan, Ryan, Ryan

Herc Hold: John B

Yup if you take a look at dave's back some time you know he is strong. If you look at the anvil video on farmstrength you know he is strong the way he dl it the second time with his wrists cocked the way they were. Dave is strong all over for sure!

Where is the darn scale weight hold - it's the only event I ever had a chance in ?

I have been training very hard for this event and hopefully I will have a good placing...but there are a lot of TUFF competitors...so we shall see.

As for me:

Grippers - I feel good about this event and have trained hard for it.

V bar - I have trained hard for this event too.

Bending - I have trained VERY hard for this event... and I have been bending a lot of different types and sizes of 5/16 stock.

Hercules hold - I have done this event many many times...feel good about this one...I have a vid of this in my sports highlights...in my gallery.

Axel - I have hit in the 400's +... many times in training and feel good about this one.

Medley - I have worked many hours on this event and feel good about this one too.

I know this is not much info...but I am not one to post a lot before the comp. I wish everyone safe travels and above all lets have fun :rock:rock:rock

See you all soon,

Chad

Hercules Hold - John (has held silver dollar deadlift record, able to train on equipment)

Don't put me at the top on herc hold, it's never been a great event for me (I appreciate it though). I might be able to train on the equipment, if I put the thing together, but it takes up a lot of space, so it's in pieces, like it has been for the last few years & will get thrown together thurs or Fri. Herc hold is all about getting the slack out before you have the weight dropped free. With this apparatus, it's easier to get the slack out, but if you don't, when the weight gets dropped, it can pull right out of your hands, or out to your fingertips & then you're going to get about 1/4 the time you want. The Herc hold at many Strongman meets is heavier than what we'll use, and we use knurled handles a lot of the time & that's what ruins your hands when it pulls free. We'll have slick handles. 1 3/8", like a Farmers handle size.

We'll try it with 300lbs & if it's too easy, or a lot of guys can't hold it, we may go a second go-round with 250 or so, so everyone can have a shot. The guys that use the heavier weight will rank above the lighter weight, of course.

On the bending, I got a Mag Bastard today, so I'm feeling good about that, never got a Mag in training before, I'm a contest adrenaline type, so I'm hoping for an Insane & an Edgin. I'm just going to go big & go Grand, Insane, & Edgin for my attempts.

We'll not be using Stainless in the comp. I hate cutting that shit, it burns up a saw blade about every 40-50 pieces, it's too hard to judge the hex vs Stainless toughness, so the hex I have now is brutal & we'll go that route, like last year. I'll be glad to cut a few if someone wants to cert, but it won't be used in the comp.

Where is the darn scale weight hold - it's the only event I ever had a chance in ?

Me too ! I hope John brings this event back next year.

Also, Dave is not one to do hardly any bragging, but he has told me about doing strict standing presses with 220-225. Not a monster weight, but given his proportions it definitely isn't weak by any stretch.

Hahahahha, and those Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ers Ryan and Chad are keeping their stuff close to their chest. Good, not killing any suspense!

Plus, after hearing Ryan saying "Well my shoulder is hurt so I can't really bend much" before the MI contest, I wouldn't be suprised if he pulled a 450+ axle and is just sandbagging us! Him and Chad both seem like great competitors, and so are the rest of the top guys. Really, I wouldn't be terribly suprised to see any of them pull an upset.

Shit, and also, my upset pick for the Hercules hold is Dave Thorton. And if he goes before me, I would give up a nut before I let go of those damn handles before he does.

Shit, and also, my upset pick for the Hercules hold is Dave Thorton. And if he goes before me, I would give up a nut before I let go of those damn handles before he does.

LOL :rock

Chad will win!

I'm looking forward to the Axle results! :happy

I've never done the Hercules Hold - I just hope when it's all over - my arms are still attached to my body :D

Thanks for the mention, but I'm a bit dinged up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I agree that Aaron is due for a good Contest.

However, if anyone is going to beat Chad, they are going to have to on their A game.

Don't forget about Nick Rosendaul and Rick Kramer, both very stong and capable of winning an event. Both the Rosendaul's are excellent on the 2" v-bar. Also, I see Bob Lipinski doing very well, his intensity recently went through the roof.

If everyone likes the herc hold this year, I'll try to borrow Big Tony's Herc Hold ramps after his Strongman comp next year & use them so we can do actual cars. Very fun & seriously cool pics.

I got the contest award grippers from Robert Baraban this am & they're SWEET! 1st is gold plated & has the meet title engraved on one handle, and the placing on the other. Steel handles too, so it's a meaty gripper. 2nd & 3rd are the same, but chrome.

I got the contest award grippers from Robert Baraban this am & they're SWEET! 1st is gold plated & has the meet title engraved on one handle, and the placing on the other. Steel handles too, so it's a meaty gripper. 2nd & 3rd are the same, but chrome.

Hopefully all very very hard grippers - so the guys who get them can't do any grinding!! :yikes

Would anyone be interested in me bringing my Baseline Dyno out for a few squeezes after the comp? If not I'm not gonna pack it.

- Aaron

Just an idea I got on herc hold. Why not instead of the tradition herc hold do a hold with the grip? To get an better idea do you remember Tommy did a show and two guys were pulling a rope while Tommy was holding it with one hand? Why not do the herc hold like that but two hands. It's more of a grip challenge. Just an idea.