Free Inch Dumbbell Available

RogerSteffens

I have an Inch replica available for free (Sorinex), only slightly used :blink . Located in Atlanta.

However, I'm too lazy to ship. So if anyone wants to come get it, let me know.

regor60@gmail.com

ps hopefully this is a permitted post ?

Anyone who post first takes it I assume? That guy must be lucky. I wish you lived where I lived. That way I have saved a lot for that INCH. But why are you just giving it away?

Anyone who post first takes it I assume? That guy must be lucky. I wish you lived where I lived. That way I have saved a lot for that INCH. But why are you just giving it away?

Yes, first person. Why ? Because it just sits sullenly there in my basement.

Yes Roger a lovely thing to do.

David

Thanks. Better it gets some use. I'd ship it but it would be a lot of trouble, the thing came on a pallet of its own strapped down, as I recall.

Looks like Odin has asked for it, so unless that falls through it's gone !

David

Thanks. Better it gets some use. I'd ship it but it would be a lot of trouble, the thing came on a pallet of its own strapped down, as I recall.

Yes, definitely I will be able to use it. Thank you so much Roger, this is such a kind act that I am at a loss for words. I'll let you know what toys I have, I will be happy to bring you any blobs, blockweights, grippers, money, etc. that you need as I feel like I should give something in return.

David

Yes, definitely I will be able to use it. Thank you so much Roger, this is such a kind act that I am at a loss for words. I'll let you know what toys I have, I will be happy to bring you any blobs, blockweights, grippers, money, etc. that you need as I feel like I should give something in return.

I just sent you an email Bob. No I don't need anything, except I would like to see you lift my Blob to know it can be done by someone of my handsize (7 1/2) because it's defeated me so far.

David

I just sent you an email Bob. No I don't need anything, except I would like to see you lift my Blob to know it can be done by someone of my handsize (7 1/2) because it's defeated me so far.

Roger, I'll give it my best shot, but mine has been glued to the ground since I've been working on the three 25s pinch; would have thought they are similar lifts. I think some blobs are full of lead or antimatter as soon as they feel they are being pinched.

Wes, you will be welcome to come up and try it if you like; I'd like to meet you anyway. I'm sure Scott (and his superhuman brother-in-law) and Anson will want to try it.

Edited by odin

I'd love to Bob, but from Tallahassee to Charlotte is a real good car ride! All us FL, GA, SC and NC guys need to meet somewhere in the middle one of these days, if not for a contest, just a get together

OK guys - listen to old dad here - I'm going to tell you all a secret now. Blobs have contact cement in them that comes out when you squeeze them - the only way you can lift them is sneak up on them and lift them before they know what you are doing. Inch dumbbells are twice as bad - having two globes full of glue to overcome. Now some people squeeze them so hard they are afraid to let any glue out for fear of getting caught - these guys are cheaters and aren't playing under the rules. If they couldn't squeeze any harder than we do - they couldn't lift them either. :D:inno

I once befriended an old York Blob, who told me this secret in a moment of pity after gluing itself to the floor and getting stuck there in the middle of winter on a freezing concrete floor. In a moment of weakness, he asked me to move him over in front of the heater and when I told him I wished I could, he relented and I was able to move him in front of the heater that cold winter day. In kindness, I now keep him covered by a piece of old blanket all winter. Now you know!

OK guys - listen to old dad here - I'm going to tell you all a secret now. Blobs have contact cement in them that comes out when you squeeze them - the only way you can lift them is sneak up on them and lift them before they know what you are doing. Inch dumbbells are twice as bad - having two globes full of glue to overcome. Now some people squeeze them so hard they are afraid to let any glue out for fear of getting caught - these guys are cheaters and aren't playing under the rules. If they couldn't squeeze any harder than we do - they couldn't lift them either. :D:inno

I once befriended an old York Blob, who told me this secret in a moment of pity after gluing itself to the floor and getting stuck there in the middle of winter on a freezing concrete floor. In a moment of weakness, he asked me to move him over in front of the heater and when I told him I wished I could, he relented and I was able to move him in front of the heater that cold winter day. In kindness, I now keep him covered by a piece of old blanket all winter. Now you know!

So that's the reason.... Think I will get a blanket this weekend for both the inch and blob, hopefully they will be kind to me afterwards so I can lift them on monday.

Will let you guys know if it worked :rolleyes

:D That made me laugh! If ever I come upon one of these, I will be sure to cover it in a blanket also!

I wish I was on the damn board and not at the grocery store! UGH!

A very generous thing to do, indeed! You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Goody

Roger,

I AM IN ATLANTA AND HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR AN INCH DB!!! PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

Sybersnott

You should be a writer! Or do I see some deep grip crazyness?? :D

Roger,

I AM IN ATLANTA AND HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR AN INCH DB!!! PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

Sybersnott

Sorry John and others, I've already made the final arrangements to pick up the Inch and will be on the road to get it very soon. I've narrowly missed out on many vintage items located both very near and far from me on the GB and other places, so I feel your pain. Better luck next time and God Bless.

The Roger Steffens Inch Dumbbell Replica has found a loving home and will be getting plenty of use, even my wife heartily approves of it and will be happy to include it as a beloved, pampered member of the family with a place of prominent display in the home and daily pats, globe rubs, and I hope to be able to pick it up someday. It will be taken on road trips and maybe even to keep me company at the office someday.

If Anson has room in his truck, we can bring it to Gripmas for all to play with, unless someone is already planning to bring one (guess someone who is accomplished could try for a double lift if there are two at the event)?

Bob, you have an awesome wife............we'll take it to Grip Mas for sure!

Bob, you have an awesome wife............we'll take it to Grip Mas for sure!

Thanks Anson, yes she is awesome...will there be room for her to come with as well? She's less than half the weight of the dumbbell.

Edited by odin

She's less than 85 lbs? You need to make her a sandwich, stat!

I was thinking the same! Unless she's only 5ft or something, that's different.

She's less than 85 lbs? You need to make her a sandwich, stat!

I was thinking the same! Unless she's only 5ft or something, that's different.

Maricel is less than five feet (filipinas are usually short in stature), and she eats a lot! Loves to eat, doesn't gain weight, very healthy and no bones sticking out. I'm sure Scott or Anson will update you on her healthiness after they meet her. She's lifted with me a few times and has pressed the Olympic bar plus 5 lbs. overhead w/o leg involvement, I know some men who can't overhead press 60% of their BW.