How I Train Legs When My Arms Are To Sore To Load All Those 100-pound

G-Man

I stopped doing these regularly when I broke the gym machine back in March with the stack plus two 25-pound plates and a six pound collar for reps.

After 35-minutes on the exercise bike at Level 14, this is all I could muster …

Leg Extension 255 x 58

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=90zqyq&s=2

(Please correct: should say too sore.)

Edited by G-Man

I stopped doing these regularly when I broke the gym machine back in March with the stack plus two 25-pound plates and a six pound collar for reps.

After 35-minutes on the exercise bike at Level 14, this is all I could muster …

Leg Extension 255 x 58

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=90zqyq&s=2

(Please correct: should say too sore.)

You need to work harder and find better machines - I can stack the whole 120-kilos (264lbs) on our machine and I've used it twice in 12 months. Back in London I used another years ago and did 275 x 20 on that.

Baring in mind earlier comments about how arm wrestlers train can you let me know what advantage you'll get from the short range on this machine??

Edited by mobsterone

i always found it was better to just use one leg( 1 leg up and down), as then you can lift heavier. and whats up with those short ROMs, same with db curls i saw on your log

Baring in mind earlier comments about how arm wrestlers train can you let me know what advantage you'll get from the short range on this machine??

Higher reps.

But seriously, it is a bad angle - if I showed a 360 of the stack, the ROM would look pretty decent. I cannot have the weight touch at the bottom because that is how they said the machine broke last time - I stop a couple inches below where the stack would touch to play it safe.

Also, on the lower rep sets - 10 to 20 reps - I try to extend it as far as it will go.

Edited by G-Man

i always found it was better to just use one leg( 1 leg up and down), as then you can lift heavier. and whats up with those short ROMs, same with db curls i saw on your log

Higher reps.

But seriously, it is a bad angle - if I showed a 360 of the stack, the ROM would look pretty decent. I cannot have the weight touch at the bottom because that is how they said the machine broke last time - I stop a couple inches below where the stack would touch to play it safe.

Also, on the lower rep sets - 10 to 20 reps - I try to extend it as far as it will go.

As per my own log of yesterday I did the two legs up, one down on the whole stack. The other thing - which stops you breaking the machine - is not to SMASH THE STACK DOWN. Trying a fastish up, pause at the top and slow down allowing the stack to stop just short of the little spring stopper.

Nah, smash it down and bounce it off the springs, use the momentum! ;):dry