• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maidenfan

• Teemu I

• patrick

• lifesnotfair

I took 10 tries today. Best was around 3/16

I thought 2-3 days ago you tried and your best was 3/8". Wow, now it's half of that. You improve QUICKLY! Judging by that, you'll win the race!! How big is your hand Patrick?

Teemu should join this race, he TNS'd some Elite, I think an easy one, but still, can't be that much farther than you guys!

I took 10 tries today. Best was around 3/16

I thought 2-3 days ago you tried and your best was 3/8". Wow, now it's half of that. You improve QUICKLY! Judging by that, you'll win the race!! How big is your hand Patrick?

Teemu should join this race, he TNS'd some Elite, I think an easy one, but still, can't be that much farther than you guys!

Thank you for believing in me! :) That Elite I TNS'd is calibrated 3,28. Harder than most #3's, easier than most new Elites, I think. I'm not in the same territory as these guys, yet..

Patrick sure does improve quickly, I think his muscles remember their former strength!

If he TNS's that #3.5 like he TNS'ed the #3 in that video from 2005, where he closed it in like a millionth of a second, it will surely be my favourite gripper video!!!

And of course I believe in you, you have what it takes!!!

3.5 gripper 2 noset attmepts at 3/16

3.5 gripper 5 credit card attempts at 1/8

3.5 gripper 5 singles deep set

reg #3 noset 5 sets of 3

reg #3 15 reps at parallel

Negatives on grip machine

3.5 gripper 2 noset attmepts at 3/16

3.5 gripper 5 credit card attempts at 1/8

3.5 gripper 5 singles deep set

reg #3 noset 5 sets of 3

reg #3 15 reps at parallel

Negatives on grip machine

Nice workout Patrick.

I like how you slowly decrease the 'load' from set to set.

Cert 3 x 7 TNS reps, followed by one set of max 2.5 TNS reps with hard overcrush every rep and one overcrush with #3 for 25 secs

Finally got a good solid TNS of my cert #3 left hand and followed with one set max reps with 2.5 TNS and one overcrush with #3 for 12 secs

Edited by Wes

Not as good today - about 1/4" or so. The only way I can close my 3.5 right now is by holding the spring in the other hand.

2 sets of tns #3 5 reps

ring and pinky closes

5 singles on #2

2 singles on #2.5

tug7 2 singles

Top 2 finger closes

10 singles with 2.5

10 singles with tug7

top 2 fingers aren't that much ahead of my ring and pinky right now. There not used to closing up that far which is probably since I haven't trained with a gripper inverted ever and with reg closes on a gripper they never close that far. Does that make since.

My brother let me borrow his #3.5 gripper. It has a 2.75 spread and I calibrated it at 180 compared to mine which was 3inch at 191 anyway. I'm going to rest and try it out on thursday. I think I will be pretty close on it. At least I hope. I'm making good progress right now. Feeling really strong. As long as I finish in at least 3rd place I'll be happy.

Nosets felt of today on warmups so I just did MM sets and baby reps for a change.

Hard #3.5 2 sets of 3-reps

Easy #3.5 1 set of 8-reps

Reg. #3 15-reps

Reg. #3 Baby reps or clicks 50-reps

#2 Baby reps or clicks 100-reps

ring and pinky closes5 singles on #22 singles on #2.5tug7 2 singles
:ohmy
Nosets felt of today on warmups so I just did MM sets and baby reps for a change.Hard #3.5 2 sets of 3-repsEasy #3.5 1 set of 8-repsReg. #3 15-repsReg. #3 Baby reps or clicks 50-reps #2 Baby reps or clicks 100-reps
:blink

You really should try IM cert. You're more than strong enough!

You really should try IM cert. You're more than strong enough!

I think he could've tried for IM cert years ago! But I hope that when he does try it, it's for the #4 !!! That'd be cool.

Man, I'm sucking on the grippers lately - only managed 1/2" tonight - gonna have to change something. On a side note, I did manage 3 x 25's though, which brightened the workout

I'm in this with my easy #3.5..should get that soon! :) Of course I want to TNS a harder #3.5, eventually, but this is a start.

So, I barely missed it today.

Thanks Patrick. :) I think all it needs is full recovery. I wasn't at my best today, couldn't even set my Narrow Pro properly (and it isn't too hard to set), that was before I took all those #3.5-videos.

I have a long way to no setting some harder #3.5's..

Edited by Teemu I

Verry good noset attempts today on #3.5 as well with credit card attempts.

Cool! I hope to see those soon! :rock

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fine example how you really can't draw any conclusions "who's who" on the grippers as they vary. I just "won" this challenge even though I'm probably the weakest.