Show Of Hands Grip Cup Date

EricMilfeld

Guys, which would you prefer to do at the contest: reverse grip bending or freestyle bending? I'm good with either one, but I thought I'd offer the choice since reverse grip is becoming something like a standard event at several contests.

Dang, Weldon, I wish I had known they had an Inch there. My last deadlift meet was held at that gym.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• opnsysme

• com202

• Booyah!!!

Weldon, thanks for the tip. I may have to take a detour after Eric's contest.

Eric, I don't have a preference since my strongest (though still weak) is DU. Thanks for asking though.

Double over it is.

Wait I thought the options were "free style or reverse" ?

"Freestyle" is a term I've applied to bending in any unbraced style of your choice. When given the choice, 99% of folks choose double overhand because of its leverage advantages. So if you're stronger with your double underhand technique, by all means, go ahead and use it, Matt.

"Freestyle" is a term I've applied to bending in any unbraced style of your choice. When given the choice, 99% of folks choose double overhand because of its leverage advantages. So if you're stronger with your double underhand technique, by all means, go ahead and use it, Matt.

So we could say, because it is Freestyle, the DU and Reverse styles if done instead of DO bend, will be considered as a contested Reverse and Double underhanded Bends? :D

So we could say, because it is Freestyle, the DU and Reverse styles if done instead of DO bend, will be considered as a contested Reverse and Double underhanded Bends? :D

Yep.

Oh ok, I get it, sorry for the mis-understanding, and for me bending is mostly a exercise in futility. :D

I've just pinned above the official rules and information for our contest. So, fire away with any questions you'll surely have. I don't want anyone to be hit with any surprises come contest day. I also want to minimize any advantage I'll have with regards to the equipment and the specifics of the medley.

• 3 weeks later...

I am seriously looking into competeing, if theres room. Will have a better idea if i can mid to late february. will let you know. Regardless, the train up will push me through the next few months, and with the way the medley looks, the training will definately well rounded.

This will be my first competition, and am really looking forward to it.

I am seriously looking into competeing, if theres room. Will have a better idea if i can mid to late february. will let you know. Regardless, the train up will push me through the next few months, and with the way the medley looks, the training will definately well rounded.

This will be my first competition, and am really looking forward to it.

We would love to have you compete! And yes, there's room aplenty. Contests are great for learning, breaking plateaus, and adding an air of motivation and urgency to your workouts. Great fun!

...... and adding an air of motivation and urgency to your workouts. Great fun!

This is for sure, I am waking up with swollen hands, which I haven't had in a long time!

Awesome. Will get back with you as soon as it is a definate yes.

thanks, and take care

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, maybe I should have posted here instead of in the pinned thread. Anyway, I'm in. I finally have a motivation to get back into the grip scene. I'll have to read up on all the rules, though, because it seems like the grip world has gone legitimate since I was around last. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Eric, got room for another gripster in the garage?? I just might be able to make it down. I'm gonna check around for air fare and hotel rates. I should be able to make it though. :rock :rock :D

Hey Eric, got room for another gripster in the garage?? I just might be able to make it down. I'm gonna check around for air fare and hotel rates. I should be able to make it though. :rock :rock :D

We will MAKE room! This is awesome news! Talk about a group of world class benders!

BTW, I live at hotel central. There's literally a dozen hotels within 5 minutes of my garage, one is within walking distance.