Bb Grand Galaxy

bt grip

I think Kevin Bussi(was it him?) tried to calibrate the BBG or the BBGG and it took more than 500lbs of plates to get the gripper to move an inch or so while the #4 is closed at 220 tops. It wont be closed(note the strong period ending this sentence) .

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

For those that don't know, the BBGrand Galaxy which i think is no longer in production, must be the biggest gripper ever made and must be like the equivalent to a COC#10 and is probably over 1000lbs to close. It'll probably never be closed even with 2 hands unless we all evolve into giants .

I don't know if this gripper is exactly what I saw, but when I visited Warren's shop I goofed around with the hardest gripper he had, whatever that was. The spring looked like thick, ropey brains and I literally couldn't move the handles.

I don't think he's troll. I just think he don't know how hard it is and what is the best gripper closed to date. I might either be right or wrong.

I don't think he's troll. I just think he don't know how hard it is and what is the best gripper closed to date. I might either be right or wrong.

Just in case,

bt grip no one has closed either Galaxy gripper, the BB world class or even the BB Pro(though I think Josh Dale could be closer than most on the Pro though). The hardest gripper closed was and still is an old medium #4, the #4's produced after 2006 have newer springs which ended up making the grippers harder and as a result no one has closed a new #4 yet.

I know that. But what I meant is he doesn't know these things since he is new to the board. I don't think "are you a troll?" was a good welcome for him.

I know that. But what I meant is he doesn't know these things since he is new to the board. I don't think "are you a troll?" was a good welcome for him.

And I know that too and agree :)

Just in case,

bt grip no one has closed either Galaxy gripper, the BB world class or even the BB Pro(though I think Josh Dale could be closer than most on the Pro though). The hardest gripper closed was and still is an old medium #4, the #4's produced after 2006 have newer springs which ended up making the grippers harder and as a result no one has closed a new #4 yet.

Actually springs were changed in 2005 CoC-grippers. Those have shiny springs. They were still stamped with numbers only on the end of the handles and had a very good knurling compared to the 2006 CoC-grippers.

I think Wes has closed his narrow BB Pro

Indeed.

Damn, that is a good close! It isn't an easy gripper, easy to set but damn hard at the end, about the same as average #4. Matti Heiskanen calibrated his to be 210,8 lbs / rating = 4,03 . Just got myself a similar gripper today. I think I will not quite close it yet even if I'm fully recovered. I'll test that within a couple of days. :)

Is there a video of Wes closing his narrow Pro somewhere?

Edited by Teemu I

I would love to see that too! Jad has a video of him attempting a choked close of his Pro somewhere on here, didn't quite get it but was darn close.

I don't think there is. Although, I beleive there were a few witnesses, maybe Gator?

I would love to see that too! Jad has a video of him attempting a choked close of his Pro somewhere on here, didn't quite get it but was darn close.

I just recently watched Josh's video of that attempt, really great gripper strength. From what I've gathered he has done and does a lot of choker work. He is one of the guys whose example I have followed by doing a lot of choker work too. Works for me as well.

I don't think there is. Although, I beleive there were a few witnesses, maybe Gator?

OK. I wasn't in doubt at all, I just like videos of hard grippers beeing closed, they are always motivating. :)

I believe Wes said he TNSed it!!!

I believe Wes said he TNSed it!!!
Wouldn't surprise me at all! If those narrow Pro's are at least somewhat similar, the sweep on the narrow Pro is somewhat easy even for me and Wes is stronger on the grippers than I am.

I'd love to get my hands on a narrow Pro! Gonna buy myself one for Christmas i think.

You wouldn't regret it Sam.