Virtual Grip Contest For Weaklings

supersoldier

At present I can consistenty close my RB 180 and my hard #2 from a parallel set. I'm working on a TNS of both, as well as closing the #2.5 from a parlallel set. I think I am close. I do like having the half step grippers, and I also have the RB 240N and 260N, both harder than my #2.5 to help bridge the gap to the #3.

As of last week I was able to close the #1 with both hands 10 reps each. I can close the #2 for 5 reps right handed, 2 reps left. I am going to order the 2.5 and join in the contest to close it. If you want to see the vids I took when I first got the grippers: http://www.youtube.com/user/andyfreeland

Hopefully I will close the 2.5 within a month or two, when I do I'll post the vid...

Good luck :)

Is 10 reps on the #1 a max effort or did you just stop there? Just curious, because I've banged out somewhere around 30 on the #1 and 15 onthe #1.5, but I think four is my best on the #2.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a whole set of COC grippers and received them today, I had a powerful grip to start with and can close the #2 once, I'm going to train on the #1.5 with reps, for the #2.5 so I guess I'm in on the race as well :D

I almost forgot about this thread...I did close the #2.5, so I'm out of the challenge. My goal grippers are (in order of difficulty)

RB 260N

HG 300

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am going to join you all in this challage. I have closed the #1 and my #2 should be here this week. Just pinched 4 10's last week for the first time.

• 5 months later...

I have been getting better and again without that much of a focused effort on grip.

I was able to close the number 2, 3 times in a row the last one sucked and none where big bad clicks but it still happened. What do you guys think? keep working at the number 2 for more reps or better quality reps or buy the larger grippers and move on up.

There is a store in town that has all of the CoC grippers in it and on display, so every once in a while I go there just to grab onto the one's that I don't have. I have got the 2.5 about a cm or maybe a little more from closed

What do you guys think? keep working at the number 2 for more reps or better quality reps or buy the larger grippers and move on up.

Even if you first want to get more reps on the #2 I think you should get a harder gripper to accustom your hands to a greater force, even if you cant close you can train negatives. I am in a similar situation to you, I can close the #2 in each hand, and I've closed the 2.5 a couple of times in my right hand although this is quite rare at the moment. I'm training on a 3 for negs and a 1 for overcrushes, and I've just bought another #1 to file down =] Hope this helps!

my expiriences:

i can do about 25 singles with my coc 1 and about 15 singles with my coc 1,5 in a row (every 2 seconds a close).

but i have no chance, to close my coc 2 one time!

i am really frustrated :blush