Ahhh,vince,tch,tch,tch!!!!

blueshadow

So now we are left to our own devices, with only the

sad likes of David Horne and Mobsterone and Tom Black

and all the other gaggle of gripper-masters to offer

direction.

Don't, therefore, pity us.

:(  :(  :(  :(  !!!  Oh boo,hoo,hoo!!!

Please bring Vince back!! We will even soak our hands in dish soap until they are"squeaky clean" before we train on our nasty little grippers if he comes back!!  :D  :D  :D  (My apologies folks,I just could not resist!)

I read that crappy drivel on Vince's "board", and I came to the conclusion:

He couldn't be more wrong (or confused).

He is probably bitter that Strossen and IronMind are raking in the bucks, and he will never do anything important or positive in the world of grip training.  IronMind didn't invent the grippers, they just improved on them.  They are fun!  Gee Vince, I guess "fun" doesn't figure into your equation, does it?

My take on this is that Vince is probably now lurking on this forum.  He is bitter because he thinks he has re-invented the wheel, and no one wants to pat him on the back and say, "Well done".

Pity poor Vince.  Does someone have a crying towel?

Guest StrongerthanArne

How about that crap about bodybuilders do not care about whether they can close a gripper or not. Well let me tell you Vince that they do care if they are handed one and asked to close it in front of their girl friend for example. No one wants to be known as that huge guy with a grip of a child, as it would only add to the common oppinion that bodybuilders look a lot stronger than they are. Some bodybuilders do train their grip but the vast majority do not. Overall, the postings on Vince's site speak for them selves. What is the point of making all gripsters in the world upset?

Guest kINGPIN

Strongerthenarne, that is so true!  Handing the big bloke a gripper is the funniest thing you can do.  As soon as you mention a gripper people assume it is going to be a pushover like those shitty ones with the black handles.  Bodybuilders do care how strong they are.  Just look at the guy in the power rack doing cheat curls with 60ks.....he aint doing that to efficiently train his biceps.

Vince, I feel your latest comments on your board merit some kind of reply. I know you lurk on this board just as we have been doing on yours! Most of our members here would never have heard of your website if I had not alerted them to it! To use your own words "There are not too many interesting sites on the internet" and yours,Vince is one of the worst! You call us "gutless" because we don't post on your site,yet when someone posts it is deleted by your moderators,talk about censorship!! Vince you are a walking contradiction who seems to have no loyalty to anyone including your own clients! ref:  

" One of these days I'm going to build a barge put all the bodybuilders in it and send it out past the 200 mile limit!" Have you ever wondered how your bodybuilders would react if they knew what your true feelings are regarding them? And yet you post photos of you hugging Lee Priest and various other pics of some of the most notorious steroid freaks(by their own admission)such as Dillet,Yates,Viator,etc. Are these people you look up to? Apparently so as you were so fond of telling us about how you met Arnold,some anecdote Viator repeated to you at the height of his drug induced career,and so on and so forth! We were not impressed with these credentials,Vince as we do not look up to these people nor attempt to emulate them! Most of us just listened to your boastings and tolerated them out of respect which we had for you at the time! As for your so called pinch grip record,which no one but youself recognizes why should it deserve even a mention in Milo or David Horne's magazine,two prestigious publications that I would proudly pass on to my 6 year old son! As for us "saps" who work out in our bedrooms,garages and basements,Vince,thank God we have these choices and do not have to encounter gym owners and trainers the likes of you! How disheartening it would be for your clients to

see what you really are when you are not wearing your public "face" and what you really think of them! If anything Vince you should be thanking me for all the hits on your website! No one would have checked it out otherwise!! I always respected your opinions and comments on your posts ,Vince now I wonder if you were ever worthy of respect which to some of us still means something!

JJ

Guest regular guy

After closer examination of his pics, imho, it would be easy to pull ones hand toward the body during the lift. This would compensate for the weaker thumb as suggested by Mr. Horne. To be compared with any other pinch grip record, the grip block and weight stack should be removed from the frame and be free standing. Then, the block could only be pulled up, not toward the body. But, I could be wrong.

I'll go one better than blueshadow.....

Vince, put up or shut up.  The AOBS is May 2, 2002.  Bring yourself and your miracle machine to the event, and let's see if you can do what you say (and back up all your BS claims).

"For a knight who is false cannot defeat in battle a knight who is true".

Hey guys,

After reading through this post I jumped over to Mr Basile's site and read the most recent posts of his. Funny how he is the only one with anything to say. He must be praying to the Grip Gods or something! I cannot fathom how he has become so disillusioned as to the nature and validity of the discussions on this board regarding either himself or grip training in general. I couldn't even keep track of the number of times that he contradicted himself. Others in this thread have already pointed out how he refers to the grippers as "inadequate" or "machines". Well what the #### do you call his grip apparatus? He also states that we ignore and are generally unaware of the validity and benefits of other forms of grip training, namely pinching! Well I guess all the posts here about pinching were encoded in a special language that only our community could decipher! He seems to be an inordinately stubborn man.

The pictures of bodybuilders that he obviously has high regard for, are some of the most notorious steroid users in the Muscle World. I admit I used to be a rather voracoius reader of those type of magazines, but Thank God I discovered Milo and this board (back when it was the GripBoard). As to his statement of them not caring as to what number gripper they can close, BS! Who in their right mind would want to venture to Australia to try his megabuck machine when they can get a gripper for 20 and change that they can let all their friends and neighbors try, instead of shipping everyone out to the Outback and blah, blah... Of course I am taking a bit of liberty with my comaparison, but you guys get the idea.

It seems that Vinceroni has some serious issues to deal with. He seems to be blissfully unaware of the intelect and breadth of knowledge in these pages. I really wanted to post a reply on his board, but I am afraid it would have been a futile attept, akin to getting him to try some plate pinching. I thing I have said enough. Just had to let you gentlemen know where I stand on this. Perhaps there will be a resolution to this. I would actually be willing to ante up a few bucks to send one of our resident experts to Australia to answer Mr Basile's challenge. Perhaps this is not practical or even feasable, but I submit it simply as an option.

M Bolstad

...if you're gonna do it, over do it.

It's time for the Vince talk to stop and let's get back to talking grip training.

I am going to close this thread too.