Great Problem With The Set And Number 3

grip_champ

while it took me just 3 workouts to get to this last pinch of number 3 ,,,,i have done 25 more workouts since then and still stuck at this last pinch of number 3 with no progress watsoever . I have only no 2 and a number 3... I have tried negatives with number 3 and over crushes with number 2,,,, nothing is working

I havent mastered the parallel set yet ,, what i do is that i do use my left hand to PLACE the gripper in my right and then i use only my right hand to squeeze it..what i normally do is that , on a given day , i do 5 negatives with number three ,,3 minute rest among negatives,,, well after a 4 day gap,, I do 5 -7 sets of overcrushes with number 2 and again a 4 day break and negatives with number 3 and so on,,,When I parallel set a gripper,, I end up with even poorer performance than otherwise,, I have seen that most of the peeps have only one half or so of their pinky up the handle,,while i place all of my pinky on the handle,, It kinda gives me poor leverage at the end,,, But if i use only half or so of it,it badly affects my overall close ending up far from shut,,, guys suggest me a good workout keeping in mind that i only have a number 2 and number 3 and how to solve my problems at setting the gripper thanx.

What's the distance between the handles of that #3 on a good attempt?

You can try strapholds, you don't need another gripper for that. Just take a thin string, attach weight, and try to hold it by closing your #2 and place the strong between the bottom of the handles.

Another option that could help on your "close" (final part of the range of motion) could be filing that #2 of yours a little bit.. that'd irreversible though, obviously, just letting you know it wont get back to normal. But you'd increase the range of motion this way, having to squeeze it shut some more to get those handles to touch. Then again do overcrushes and strapholds with the filed #2. And keep doing those negs on the #3, it'll come.

That's my 2 cents, heh. Oh, and keep training all other aspecs of your hands!!

Sounds like you need a in between gripper, like the #2.5 or a RB240N or RB210

How long are you holding those overcrushes and how much strength are you putting into those negatives? Another thing, remember that you can't do that routine forever and expect to make progress unless the effort or something else is changing.

As for the set, watch this if you already haven't:

And keep practicing.

Edited by superfeemiman

How long are you holding those overcrushes and how much strength are you putting into those negatives? Another thing, remember that you can't do that routine forever and expect to make progress unless the effort or something else is changing.

As for the set, watch this if you already haven't:

And keep practicing.

the squeeze feels so easy that i think i can easily parallel the handles of number 4 even. but this last 1-2mm is holding me back,, I can tell u its very close ,, very close.., i feel very poor leverage at the end..and please could u specify a routine for me including sets and reps ,, i will try that,,

and one more thing,,,

my friend has a hg 300 ,,, how does it compare to number three... i will try that soon ,, is there any certification for closing it?

and i put in my full strength while doing negatives,,, i close the gripper using the leg but as soon as i take it away from my leg to view it,,,its already openeed by 1-2mm and i can hold it there for quite a long time.

and one more thing,,,

my friend has a hg 300 ,,, how does it compare to number three... i will try that soon ,, is there any certification for closing it?

and i put in my full strength while doing negatives,,, i close the gripper using the leg but as soon as i take it away from my leg to view it,,,its already openeed by 1-2mm and i can hold it there for quite a long time.

Damn, this question has been asked and answered a LOT of times. HG300s vary A LOT. Some are as easy as a #2 and some are around a 2.8-3 so pretty much they can go from a #2-#3. No there's no cert for it. That's normal, it's hard to hold an above limit gripper closed.