Alexey Semerenko

pawel r

No, your test is not flawed. If the weight is even there will be no movement. You need heavier counter weight to move it whether it's by hands or by added weight on your side. Plus there is friction that will make it harder to move that's why you need extra 10lbs to off set the friction. :mosher

So am I moving the weight I have on the stack? Or is it less than what is on it?

Whatever weight you set on the stack is what it is. But if it designed like what we 've been talking about (seeing a pulley sits 2-4 inches above the stack) then you only pull half of whatever you set it. I tested this 3 years ago in my gym, we have Free motion brand machine cable cross-over. I pulled one of the handle at set weight of 150lbs I lifted it right up with ease ( I was 144lbs 3 years ago) No way, I thought how could I move the weight heavier than me upward w/o assist? Then I gripped the second handle of the same machine, together I could not bulge the weight an inche. One handle is only 75lbs.

Whatever weight you set on the stack is what it is. But if it designed like what we 've been talking about (seeing a pulley sits 2-4 inches above the stack) then you only pull half of whatever you set it. I tested this 3 years ago in my gym, we have Free motion brand machine cable cross-over. I pulled one of the handle at set weight of 150lbs I lifted it right up with ease ( I was 144lbs 3 years ago) No way, I thought how could I move the weight heavier than me upward w/o assist? Then I gripped the second handle of the same machine, together I could not bulge the weight an inche. One handle is only 75lbs.

So did my test prove that what I am doing is moving whatever weight thats on the stack? Or am I only moving a fraction of that weight even though my test showed a slightly over than equal force is required to move the stack