Alexey Voevoda

pawel r

Vendetta John vs Alexey probably October/November

I really hope John goes that Vendetta at 230 and healthy, unlike his 209 and not-too-healthy as he was when he pulled Alexey and lost, last time.

I hope that John will be in the best form, but and it will win so Alexey :)

Alexey winner 6:0 !!!!

Edited by pawel r

Keep in mind this is Michael Todd not Brzenk. No disrespect to Mike Todd, just clarifying that Alexey didn't beat Brzenk 6-0. Can't wait to see Alexey and Brzenk go at it!

Keep in mind this is Michael Todd not Brzenk. No disrespect to Mike Todd, just clarifying that Alexey didn't beat Brzenk 6-0. Can't wait to see Alexey and Brzenk go at it!

Michael Todd lost to Ron Bath a few months ago in a super match... and Ron Bath lost to a 200lb (exactly 200) Brzenk at the Arnold's just a couple of months ago... I mean no disrespect to Michael Todd, but I think Brzenk is just a whole different ballgame... specially with a few more pounds.

Brzenk weighed in at 209 for this event against Ion. I think they might set John and Alexy in Oct-Nov. I am sure John will eat like a mad man.

By the way. Alexy wiegh in at 275

Without distinction for Alexey, Vendetta from Brzenk , Alexey will win also 6:0

Without distinction for Alexey, Vendetta from Brzenk , Alexey will win also 6:0

I want to see them armwrestle. Alexexy at best form and Brzenk at best form I don't think it will be 6-0.

• 5 months later...

Voevoda's isometric training for biceps: "...When it comes to biceps I make as follows: lifting the dumb-bell with hammer grip from the right angle. 1-2 set - 15-20 reps, full movement (warmup); 3 set - we boost the load of the dumb-bell, we hold it in right angle per 15-25 sec.; 4 set - boost the load and hold per 10-15 sec.; 5 set - load stays the same, partner rhythmically bangs the top of the dumb-bell, our job is to hold it, 5-8 strikes; 6 set - boost the load, repeat activities from 5 series, 3-5 hits. This is example of izometric training."

Voevoda's progression:

results from 2000 :

biceps 65 kg

wrist 80 kg

results from 2004 :

biceps 125 kg 3 rep in set

wrist 100 kg 5-6 rep in set

results from 2005 :

Biceps:

One handed dumbbell curl:

Full range of movement (traffic) -95 kg. (left hand = 70 kg)

Movement (traffic) semi (1/2movement -From 90 degrees) -150kg. (left hand = 110 kg)

Static (isometric) 90 degrees -237kg.

results from 2007 :

Biceps movement (traffic) semi (1/2movement -From 90 degrees) -165 kg.

Pawel R, Thanks for sharing part of Alexy's routine.

WOW, they are amazing numbers. As I have been in this sport for over 25 years, I have always been looking and researching the BEST way to train. This has been hard as different people have different styles and genetic make ups. So I look for similar exercises from many different people. The type of training that Alexy does seem to be similar to a lot of people. OF COURSE he is a lot stronger.

BUT I have been training with John for 14 years now. I have never seen him grab any dumbbell heavier than a 30kg dumbbell and he always lifts to complete failure. With all of his exercises he goes lighter in weight and too complete failure.

Now over the years I have found than cycling both types seems to be the best in the long run.

Is Alexy going to get back on the table any time soon???

Bob

I do not it know or Alexey it will come back. He quarreled with Igor. But there now Alexey it can arrive on Nemiroff.

These results wrote Alexey on forum, but Igor saw (look) only how Alexey raises 95 kg !!

Sevan Matossian was in Soczi and recorded training Voevoda's - ask him how it was. Alexey he had told that Pulling John filmed this. Maybe Sevan he told this John Brzenk or or this shew film John Brzenk.

We in Polska and in Russia and on Ukraine we coach on maximum weights - so us scholar that more important is strength and then endurance. But it Brzenk is the best.

All the best my friend

Pawel Rychter

is here 150 or 165 kg ? surely not 237kg :

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=vqjEYnlwngM

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Nsj9d2qKc

Edited by pawel r

Biceps:

BUT I have been training with John for 14 years now. I have never seen him grab any dumbbell heavier than a 30kg dumbbell and he always lifts to complete failure.

Here are the two most dominant pullers on the planet and it seems they cannot be farther apart as far as training styles.

Where’s the evidence Voevoda did any of this? The weight in the video looks like two 50-pound plates and a 15-pound bar at the most (115-pounds). I do not doubt that Voevoda can do a full ROM dumbbell curl with 209 pounds, but where has this and the other claims been substantiated?

Edited by G-Man

Biceps:

BUT I have been training with John for 14 years now. I have never seen him grab any dumbbell heavier than a 30kg dumbbell and he always lifts to complete failure.

Here are the two most dominant pullers on the planet and it seems they cannot be farther apart as far as training styles.

Where’s the evidence Voevoda did any of this? The weight in the video looks like two 50-pound plates and a 15-pound bar at the most (115-pounds). I do not doubt that Voevoda can do a full ROM dumbbell curl with 209 pounds, but where has this and the other claims been substantiated?

Looks like more than 2 50 pound plates. Looks like maybe 3....and then some smaller plates added to that.

i agree with Garret and would like to see clear numbers on the amount of weight.You cant just look at the size to figure the weight

i agree with Garret and would like to see clear numbers on the amount of weight.You cant just look at the size to figure the weight

If Veovoda is really shifting the poundages that pawel sugests then he must have around the srongest biceps in the world.I remember Bill kazmier one of the worlds strongest men was only cheatbarbell curling(2 hands) with around 400 pounds.I believe he was weighing at least 330 lbs at the time.Samuelson i dont think could use these poundages either. Its a real shame that there does not seem to be any video evidence to substantiate these claims

If Veovoda is really shifting the poundages that pawel sugests then he must have around the srongest biceps in the world.I remember Bill kazmier one of the worlds strongest men was only cheatbarbell curling(2 hands) with around 400 pounds.I believe he was weighing at least 330 lbs at the time.Samuelson i dont think could use these poundages either. Its a real shame that there does not seem to be any video evidence to substantiate these claims

I heard the pulling John crew filmed him curling some big weight.....

But in the end it doesn't matter. Because when he was pulling he was a force on the table.....Thats all that really matters. Anyone can do any kind of weight in any movement they want. But unless that force can be applied efficiently on the table it's all for not in my eyes.

I'd say Vovoeda's bi's are a TON stronger than Magnus or Kaz's.

i've seen ten pound plates that look like 45 so you cant judge by word or picture that dosnt show amounts.The fact the guy is strongest in AW is not the question although i'd still like to see a 240+ John B pull him to end this debate

i've seen ten pound plates that look like 45 so you cant judge by word or picture that dosnt show amounts.The fact the guy is strongest in AW is not the question although i'd still like to see a 240+ John B pull him to end this debate

Well I know it's not the question but it's all that really matters.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add this because i didn't see it previously mentioned. Voevoda answers questions from his fans on his armpower.net section, here is a quote directly from him

For few seconds I even managed to hold 237 kg. But my 'normal' maximum for hold for bicepsis a little bit over 100 kg.

site: http://www.armpower.net/index.php?page=ask...=3&strona=1

Edited by Sash

Igor told that Alexey now judo play ....... I think that Alexey go mad

Edited by pawel r