2007 Gripmas Carol

climber511

I have a friend thats 90% sure he is coming to watch. I wish I could give you a definate answer. I'll bring some extra hoseclamps also. Do we need to bring our own chalk? Either way I can bring some if needed.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• EricMilfeld

• MalachiMcMullen

• nickr104

I have a friend thats 90% sure he is coming to watch. I wish I could give you a definate answer. I'll bring some extra hoseclamps also. Do we need to bring our own chalk? Either way I can bring some if needed.

I have plenty of chalk - the extra hose clamps might come in handy though. Bring your friend - he's more than welcome - but hey, talk him into competing :D .

What time do you want to start? What time would you like us there? That way we can get the guys at the park and ride at the right time. TO car pool over.

What time do you want to start? What time would you like us there? That way we can get the guys at the park and ride at the right time. TO car pool over.

Start time is 11 AM - be nice if everyone could be here by 10:15 or so - we have some paper work to do for a lot of you still. Then go over the rules real quick and try to get started right on time. It's about 30 minutes from the Park and Ride to my house.

I would guess if we all meet at the park and ride At Exit 132 SR13 off of 70 around 9:30. Dose that sound good to everyone? THen we can park some of the cars and get everyone into a car. How many will be coming to the park and ride to meet us? Just to get an idea.

I would guess if we all meet at the park and ride At Exit 132 SR13 off of 70 around 9:30. Dose that sound good to everyone? THen we can park some of the cars and get everyone into a car. How many will be coming to the park and ride to meet us? Just to get an idea.

Since my wife is dropping me off at the contest, if possible, maybe she could just kick me out at this park and ride and I can grab the back seat in someone's car??? She would, of course, be able to pick me up at Chris's house, since I intend to stay until Chris says, "umm, could you please leave, like now".

Well we finally have trophies - after a nightmare of problems and technical issues, and me starting to get a little worried if they would ever be done - we have them done and I'm real happy with them. It's my own design and making and kind of different - I hope everyone likes them.

I am sure we will have a spot for you Eric. Are you staying In Columbus ?

Thanks, Nick.

We'll be shopping for hotel as soon as we get off the plane in Columbus. I'd like something fairly close to the park and ride. Anson mentioned a Best Western on 1-70. Do you have any suggestions?

Eric,

This hotel is where I, Mike, Josh, and Dan have reserved rooms. It is close to the park and ride:

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booki...;propBrandId=SE

Super 8 Motel - Buckeye Lake OH

I-70 & State Route79 Exit 129A

P. O. Box 1206

Buckeye Lake, OH 43008 US

Phone: 740-929-1015

Fax: 740-928-2115

Nick,

I am planning to leave from the park and ride.

Thanks, Nick.

We'll be shopping for hotel as soon as we get off the plane in Columbus. I'd like something fairly close to the park and ride. Anson mentioned a Best Western on 1-70. Do you have any suggestions?

How nice you looking for Eric? They have some real nice places near the airport off 670 and 270. Also some good ones along 70. The Buckeye lake super 8 probably is not the best place in the word , but it is as close as you will get to the exit off of 70 for the park and ride. I myself would stay a little closer to C-bus and get a nicer place since you got the wife and stuff. http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/pr...pertyCode=36128 Is this the one Anson was talking about? Looks good to me. Anything you get on the east side is not that bad of a drive to SR13 off of 70. We live on the south west side so we have to add 25 mins. on to our trip just to get to the east side. If any of you guys want my # In case you need to call PM me. We sould probably make the meet time 9:00 just so we are sure to get there around 10:15 It should be a good time. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone. I hope this helped Eric.

Is Buckeye Lake Super8 just crappy or dangerous/shady? I'm more worried about ID theft with my credit card number for the room vs. unfriendly environment.

Thanks,

Josh

Is Buckeye Lake Super8 just crappy or dangerous/shady? I'm more worried about ID theft with my credit card number for the room vs. unfriendly environment.

Thanks,

Josh

There's not anything around in the way of a town per se - I really doubt there would be any trouble - I stop and eat at that exit all the time and it's not bad at all. I wouldn't worry much about it - it's just a smaller cheaper hotel than some of those closer to Columbus. It's not the Ritz but I would trust the place myself.

Thanks, Nick.

How nice you looking for Eric? They have some real nice places near the airport off 670 and 270. Also some good ones along 70. The Buckeye lake super 8 probably is not the best place in the word , but it is as close as you will get to the exit off of 70 for the park and ride. I myself would stay a little closer to C-bus and get a nicer place since you got the wife and stuff. http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/pr...pertyCode=36128 Is this the one Anson was talking about? Looks good to me. Anything you get on the east side is not that bad of a drive to SR13 off of 70. We live on the south west side so we have to add 25 mins. on to our trip just to get to the east side. If any of you guys want my # In case you need to call PM me. We sould probably make the meet time 9:00 just so we are sure to get there around 10:15 It should be a good time. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone. I hope this helped Eric.

I would be all over the cheapest, not so fancy, type motel if I was alone. It would be cool to stay with Scott, Josh, and the gang, but like you say, Sandy's with me and her standards are higher. Thanks for all the help, guys.

So, should we all meet at the park n' ride at 9:00?

I live two hours away. Is this still open for spectators to come?

Yep! Still open for competitors too - hint hint!

I have a wife too and know how this stuff works Eric. :laugh I think 9:00 if that is ok with everyone. If not let me know.

If anyone who's coming to Gripmas has some new leather bending pads they wouldn't mind selling please PM me! Thanks.

I think Chris ought to install a webcam so chickens like me could watch the contest over the internet. :D Seriously someday I will make it to a competition.

I have a wife too and know how this stuff works Eric. :laugh I think 9:00 if that is ok with everyone. If not let me know.

I'll be driving my own car to Climbers: I have an Inch replica to haul back so I wouldn't want to take a chance on it damaging anybody's vehicle.

I think Chris ought to install a webcam so chickens like me could watch the contest over the internet. :D Seriously someday I will make it to a competition.

Mitch - start making plans to attend next year - as for the web cam - heck I had to ask someone to video it for me - technology and I are at war - and I'm afraid it's way ahead!

Ok time to buckle down and start training for this huh :blink .

Ok time to buckle down and start training for this huh :blink .

Well - I guess one session is better than none :rock .

So who all is meeting us At the park and ride befor we go to Chris's. Just so we know who to look for befor we take off?