1x30 #1 reps

Chins:

1x25 chins

Pushups:

1x15 tiger bends

1x10 tiger bends

Abs:

2x50 in-ups

Really didn't do much today. I did do some armwrestling though, but I really wasn't feeling to strong. My triceps were sore from doing tiger bends the night before and my fore-arms were tired form gripping and wrist work. I did, however, rip a phone book into 3 pieces. It really wasnt to hard being that it wasn't to thick of a book. I think I'll try that on some thcker books someday though. The other day i built a pinching rig. its a piece of 3.5x3.5 inch wood connected to forty pounds of weight. The wood is a bit slippery though and it makes it harder to lift especially because i dont have any chalk :angry: . But either way it should improve my piching abilities in the long-run.

Current Standings:

Max gripper close: #2.5 wider than // RH #2 // LH

Max block pinch lift: 45 Hex full lockout RH Can't budge it LH

Max Chins: 29 (goal is 35)

Max bend: 60D bright common. Can't quite get that Galvanized.

Max phone book rip (# of pages) : Not too sure, but its in the range of 1000-1200 pages

*note: this is only the important stuff. there are many other things I can list, but it would take me too long lol

29 chins! That´s awsome! Where theese done with palms facing in or facing out?

To answer your question David, They are done with my palms facing in. However, I do pull ups with my palms facing out sometimes. I can only hit about 25 or so that way.

Grippers:

4X1 #2 close from wider than // hold for 15 seconds RH

1X3 #2 // reps RH

1X1 CCS set #2 RH

5X1 #2 attempts LH

2X4 #2 // reps RH

Bending:

Bent only one thing today. Grade 2 bolt 1/4'' by 6''. Only did it because I wanted to see how tired my wrists were.

Levering:

1X10 rear levers 10lbs sledge half way down handle. RH and LH

1X1 lever down to nose 10lbs sledge RH

Chins:

2X25 Chins

Push-ups:

1X30 tiger bends

1X25 tiger bends

1X20 tiger bends

Abs:

2X50 in-ups

1X61 in-ups

I've noticed that my crush has been getting much stronger in the past week. However, my sweep is still lagging behind. Right now all I have to train with is my #2 and my #2.5. My friends are having a "race" to the #2 (CCS set). So I have had to lend my grippers out to them because they don't bother to buy any :angry: lol. So far, my #3 is lent out as is my trainer. But I also lent out my #1, which was about as hard as a #1.5, and somehow my friend was able to break it < < . I just can't wait till I get my grippers back... at least in one piece I hope.

Now that I'm talking about the #1 and how it was a beast for a #1, this brings up an interesting point. I went to and signed up in an armwrestling tournament in Arlington, TX and there they had a CoC table. This was when I was only able to close a #2 from //. When I picked up the #3 the guy had there, I got it down to parallel. Then, when I ordered my #3 a few months later, I wasn't even able to get it to parallel. I seem to have a nack for getting stronger-than-normal grippers. I"m pretty sure that I can do a little better than I did on a regular #3 now. To anyone who may read this, have you ever gotten or felt a stronger-than- normal gripper?

Edited by Aftershock

Took somewhat of a rest day today, but I still worked the grippers a little bit.

Grippers:

6X10sec holds on the #2 RH

5X1 attempts #2 LH

5X1 #2 closes wider than // RH

1X1 #2.5 // close held shut for 10 seconds RH

1X7 #2.5 no-set sweeps to // RH

Chins/Pullups:

1X18 pullups (palms facing out)

Levering:

1X1 10lbs sledge lever to nose. RH

I've been doing alot of these overcrush hold downs lately and I have been seeing a big improvement. I did the same thing on my #1 in order to progress to the #2. So, hopefully I will be able to do the same thing on the #2 and #2.5 to get to the #3. Also, I have been training my sweep by sweeping the #2.5 to // as listed in my log. I think it may be working, but I'll have to wait and see about it. I would like to train my sweeps on my #3, but right now my friend is borrowing it. But aside from all the small talk, nothing to exciting happend today... no armwrestling matches either.

Speaking of AW, I have a little story I can share. A few weeks ago, my friend challenged me to armwrestle this guy that looked pretty strong. So, in the morning at school in the cafeteria I asked him to armwrestle. We took a seat at one of the lunch tables and began setting up the match with my friend acting as the ref. We weren't going by tournament rules, just side pressure AW. Well, apparently this attracted an entire crowd of guys to our table. So, I Armwrestled the guy and beat him fairly easily, but it didn't end there. All the guys that were standing around began challenging me. So I AW a few of them and then more and more guys just kept on challenging me. I never once moved from my spot, just sat there and took them all right in a row with no rest. It turns out that most of them played for the football team and they did look pretty beefy. But either way I still never lost to either of them. I must have armwrestled at least 9 guys. However it did cost me. Now no one but my friend will armwrestle me because they have seen what I can do :laugh .

Cool story! I remember a few years back when the same thing happened to me. Altough I used some techniqe on the beefheads. After losing, they all complained of shoulder problems of course :rolleyes . But you have to be prepared now when there probably will turn up some guys training to beat you.

I spent the weekend in SE Texas. I went their with a friend to go catch snakes and we hoped to catch an alligator but we never found one. So, being that i was on vacation, I didn't work out. However, I did walk at least 12 miles in the woods in one day.

Grippers:

3X1 #2 wider than // closes RH

1X1 #2 no-set no warmup attempt RH

1X10 trainer closes LH and RH

Armwrestling:

Did some tournament style AW with my friend. I was doin alright with my RH, but my tendonitis from a week or so ago started up again so I called it quits to avoid getting it again. We just went left arm most of the time.

While I was on vacation, My friend and I went to wal-mart to buy a flashlight and ended up in the fitness section. I did some crusifix holds with 30lbs in each hand and curled a 40lbs dumbell 9 times RH and 5 times LH. Also, there was a 25lbs platethere and my friend said that I couldn't pinch it up for 35 secs. So, I took it and held it for a minute... just had to show him I could do that and then some :trout . Did some plate curling with the 25lbs plate also. The reason why he thought I couldnt pinch it and hold it was because the surface on it was very slippery and if any sweat were to get in between your fingers and the plate, it would slip out easily. It's always fun to mess around with stuff at wal-mart. :laugh .

Had a pretty succesful day today.

Grippers:

5X1 #2.5 close // RH

1X1 #2 no set close RH

5X10sec hold #2 RH

Chinups:

33 CHINUPS IN A ROW... NEW RECORD!!!. 2 away from goal :mosher

VERY happy about the 33 chinups. My goal is 35 so now I know that it will be met soon. I was never able to break 30 which made me angry because I would get to 29 and not be able to pull another one up. Hopefully, I can now get alot stronger when it comes to armwrestling.

NOTE: This combines yesterdays and todays workouts.

-YESTERDAY-

Grippers:

5X1 #2.5 closes RH // set

5X10second hold #2 RH

1X5 #2 reps RH.

1X1 #2 no-set RH

-TODAY-

Grippers:

2X1 #2.5 closes RH // set

10X1 #2 small set closes RH

1X1 #2 no-set closes RH

1X5 #1 closes LH

Pinch: (using my 40lbs pinch rig I made)

10X1 lifts to full lockout

3X1 lifts to full lockout LH (LH is weak lol)

Bending:

1X1 60d bright common.

Thanks Honk.

I mainly did grippers today. I was going to go for 35 chins but my right bicep just said no. It's kinda sore right now so I'll give it a day or two. Can't hit goals if you're not ready to.

Grippers:

10X1 #2 closes wider than // RH

5X1 #2 closes wider than CCS RH

3X1 #2.5 closes // set RH

1X1 #2.5 // set close held for 10 seconds :)

1X1 #2.5 // set close held for 5 seconds

5X1 #2 attempts LH

Abs:

1X100 Russian twists

Chinups:

1X10 chins (just to keep my biceps active)

Pushups:

1X10 tiger bends

I expect to armwrestle a few people tomarrow at school. It's been a while since I have had a good match and I'm tired of just sitting around. I think armwrestling isn't an on-off thing. It's almost a habit now. I'm thinking of taking up a rematch offer given to me by the strongest guy on the school football team. I beat him last time, so I hope I can repeat myself.

I was able to put in a good workout today. Covered alot of areas.

Grippers:

10X1 #2 wide set closes RH

2X1 #2 No-Set closes RH

1X1 #2 close LH

1X1 #2.5 close // set RH held shut for 10 seconds

1X1 #2.5 // set close

Pinch:

1X1 50lbs manhole cover RH

1X1 50lbs manhole cover LH (Barely)

3X1 45lbs Hex slip at lockout

1X1 45lbs Hex full lockout with a high pull

Chinups:

1X25 Chins

1X10 Chins

Pushups:

1X30 Tiger Bends

1X20 Tiger Bends

Abs:

1X100 Slow sit-ups

1X100 leg raises

1X100 Russian twists

Levering:

1X1 lever to nose RH

1X5 rear levers 2/3 down handle LH

Bending:

1X1 Grade 2 bolt DU

Me and a few other friends went over to my friends house to do some training. We boxed a little bit. But the real fun didn't start until we brought out the 45 Hex and a 130lbs rock. My friend came close to lifting the Hex block. All he needs to do is just stand up straight and he'd have it. I lifted it once and high pulled it. No one else could lift it. Then we went on to the rock. My friend repped it twice above his head and I repped it 5 times which is a new record for me :mosher . I used to be only able to rep it 3 times. Also, the reps wern't push presses, they were all strict presses. A couple of guys could pick it up but not be able to press it. So I had a pretty good day today.

I just did grippers today.

Grippers:

3X1 #2 closes // LH

1X2 #2 no-set closes RH

6X1 #2 no-set closes RH

1X1 #2.5 close // RH

My school had a field day thing today and I just took the day off and had some fun. I got to play tug-o-war which my team dominated in... we went undefeated :mosher:mosher . I could tell that my grip was a lot stronger than it was the last time I played. As a matter of fact, I would like to buy a rope for climbing. But I don't know where I would hang it. Maybe a tree or something.

Grippers:

10X1 #2 closes RH

1X1 #2 inverted RH

3X1 #2.5 closes RH

Abs:

1X30 In ups held hollow-hold 3 secs between each rep

Levering:

1X10 rear levers RH & LH 3/4 down handle 10lbs sledge

1X1 Lever to nose RH 10lbs sledge

Pushups:

1X35 Tigerbends

1X25 Tigerbends

Did a small bit of armwrestling today. I armwrestled my friend while I held onto his wrist. I could have beat him, but he cheated and pressed me down... practically layed on it. But it's all good.

I did pretty good on my grip today.

Grippers:

20X1 #2.5 closes // RH

3X1 #2.5 closes held shut for ten seconds RH

1X1 #2.5 8 second hold. (couldn't make 10) RH

10X1 #2.5 no-set sweeps to // LH

Levering:

2X5 rear levers 3/4 way down handle Rh and LH 10lbs sledge

1X1 lever to nose RH

Abs:

1X100 Russian twists

My friend has my #2 right now, so I'm kind of forced to work only with my #2.5. But I found this to be a good thing. I think I'll start working the 2.5 way more often.

I twisted my shoulder today. It doesn't hurt my muscles, just my bones. Oh well.

Grippers:

5X1 #2.5 closes RH // set

3X1 #2 attempts LH

Levering:

1X1 10lbs sledge lever to nose RH

1X1 10lbs sledge not quite all the way down LH

Abs:

1X35 in-ups with 3 sec hollow hold in betwwen reps

1X75 situps cross elbows to knees

1X150 Russian twists

Chinups:

1X20 chins

I went to do some free-running today with a couple of friends. I went to vault a railing with a 9-10 foot fall after it and when I went over, my shoulder locked in a wierd position and it twisted. I heard a bunch of stuff crunch in there, but it doen't seem to hurt. I pushed on walls and did some pushups to make sure and it felt fine. Guess I'll have to wait until tomarrow.

Tomarrow, I am going to start a challenge. I only have 2 weeks of school left and I challenged myself to see if I could beat 100 people before school is out. I think this should be a lot of fun, but I only hope I can find 100 people willing to face me. Usually the people I ask are too scared of just don't want to. But I think I can do it. I'll keep it posted everyday on how many people I beat. :mosher

Edited by Aftershock

Well, I started my challenge today to beat 100 people before school is out. I was able to beat 34 people today, no losses, so I'm feeling confident that I can reach 100 pretty soon. However, this one guy felt the necessity to slide his elbow all the way to mine and still call it fair. It's pretty much impossible to take someone over when their forearm is pressed vertically against yours. So I just called it a draw. I pretty much took a rest day today, however, My class was able to get into the weight room today and I did some bechpresses. It wasn't a max attempt day, just an endurance type thing. I think I did 5X8 reps with 170lbs. Thats just what my coach had me do.

Grippers:

10X1 #2 noset attempts LH

I'm looking forward to some more armwrestling tomarrow. I'll keep it posted.

I had an AP Psychology Exam today so I didn't get hardly any chances to armwrestle. I only got three guys today. However, tomarrow I expect to make for lost time. I did get to go to the weight room again today. I went light on the bench work becuase of my shoulder, I only did 55lbs bumbell benchpresses. I also did some rowing. I did 4X8 80lbs LH and RH rows. It wasn't hard really. I took a 100lbs weight off the rack and did a couple with that. Then I did some situps while holding a 45lbs plate to my chest. I did 20 situps, as the coach told me to, and then 10 half way up and hold it there sit ups. These are all with the plate. I don't normally work with weights, but it's still fun to do them every now and then.

Grippers:

1X1 #2 // set close RH

3X1 #2 noset close RH

3X1 #2 CCS RH

2X1 #2 almost closed LH

Edited by Aftershock

Well, now I'm at 50 wins no losses. I beat 14 people today. But I could have had at least 20 or so wins if guys wouldn't be so afraid. I attracted a crowd, like usual, which is exactly what I was expecting to happen. Thats how I have to get wins, is by getting a crowd to watch. Then guys think they can be the hero and beat me so they challenge me... but I beat them anyway. I do have respect for the people that did face me. It shows that they aren't afraid. It's just so hard to find enough people th armwrestle.

My tendoniteis, I assumed was gone, came back again. It's centered right in the middle of my elbow. It makes it painful to pull, but I think with a little bit of treatment, I'll beat it.

It's been a few days since I have posted. Last time I said I was at 50. On friday, I got to 75. Today, I Hit my goal. 100 people down without a glitch. I'm happy about this too. Alot of people thought I wouldn't make it, but in the end, I won.

Grippers:

10X1 #2 closes RH

1X1 #2 noset closes RH

2X1 #2.5 close RH

Abs:

3X100 Russian twists

Levering:

mest around with a garden hoe.

Tomarrow I intend on getting back on tracj with my workouts. I've started a diet now as well. I hope to get ripped this summer so I think I'm going to start pushing my Abs a liittle harder. Also, I've got a AW tournament coming up in August. I need to get down to 170ish so that I can compete top in my weight class. I'm going to start my chinning again and start working my wrists and triceps harder. I really want to win at this tournament.

Grippers:

10X1 #2 closes RH

1X1 #2 no set RH

That 100 people AW challenge I did took me back a bit. It brought back my tendonitis and brought me back in terms of working out. I"ll start training harder from now on.