What Was It For You That Helped Get From The #1 To The #2?

spinal1

The IM bands are alright, but a couple rubber bands work about as well. One of my favorite exercises for extensor is in MOHS, where you put a half brick on the back of your hand and hold for a couple of seconds, then keep adding bricks until you have 3 or 4 on there and then take bricks off until you are back to one brick. Repeat as many times as possible. I like this exercise while it is more of a static exercise, it is more goal oriented and fun! I can barely hold 2 bricks on there so right now I am using 1 brick and adding 1/2 pound plates...

Also you can use just your hands and use one of them to resist the opening of the hand you are working. A very good range of motion can be used and you can never get too strong for it.....and its free....

Cool guys. Lots of great responses.

A lot of you said extensor work which I have never done...

thinking about ordering a CoC #1.5 and also some "Expand your hand bands" which is shown in the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/IronMind-Expand-Your...2418365-0151143

What do you guys think of the bands? Would that do the trick?

They are useful for keeping your hands healthy. I carry a couple in my pocket most of the time. I try to knock out at least a couple sets of 50 on the red bands every couple days.

- Aaron

I mean, will it help with gripper strength much though? Lots of people here said that they use them, just wondering why ;D

Doing sets and reps (over an 8 hour shift at work) on my #1 and then on my #1.5 three times a week.

I would use a "ladder" rep model alternating left and right hand doing 1 rep then 2 then 3 then 4. For a total of 10 reps each side. I would do at least 10 sets a night.

Doing that for about a month got me to just barely closing my #2 once every couple days.

KTA got me a lot farther, I am using my #2 for strap holds and a filed BBM for overcrushes with my right hand now, my left is a little weaker still but I have closed my #2 left side a few times now.

The second thing (the ladders) he described is kind of what I did too. I did it with the #1 or T but I usually did a few ladders, alternating hands exactly like he described.

Cool guys. Lots of great responses.

A lot of you said extensor work which I have never done...

thinking about ordering a CoC #1.5 and also some "Expand your hand bands" which is shown in the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/IronMind-Expand-Your...2418365-0151143

What do you guys think of the bands? Would that do the trick?

They are useful for keeping your hands healthy. I carry a couple in my pocket most of the time. I try to knock out at least a couple sets of 50 on the red bands every couple days.

- Aaron

I mean, will it help with gripper strength much though? Lots of people here said that they use them, just wondering why ;D

It's apparently for health issues. You see, it appears that many gripsters quickly catch pains and injuries, sometimes due to imbalances... so if you're gonna train hard the muscles that close the hand, you gotta train the muscle that opens the hand too, to avoid imbalances, and therefore injuries. That's what I understand at least.

acorn: dude, you're gifted, any program seems to work with you :) You've gone to the Elite so quickly, it's scary... :) Keep it up!!

I can tell you for certain that high volume work with my Trainer and #1 enabled me to close the 2. I was doing all kinds of stuff and doing heavy reps and negatives on the 2 and 1.5 then doing other grip excercises and I was making progress but slow and unoticable. I decided that I'd take my T with me everywhere and close it at least 100x's an hour both inverted and regular for at least 7 hrs then the next day I'd take the #1 and try the same and then the 1.5 and then start over, did that for almost 2 weeks resting only on the weekends for alittle while and on a thursday I took the 2 out to show some friends and closed it with a deep set. All of my grippers are filed pretty good btw and I'm sure that also helped.

Get a #2.5 and #3 and try really explosive crushes on them choked to parallel. :rock

then try the 2

Getting Married seemed to help me! :D I couldnt quite close the #2 before my wedding then I closed it while on my honeymoon.

So my advice would be get married :tongue or do negs on #2.5 or #3 ( Getting another gripper would be cheaper) :whistel