Theo Burggraaff (hol) V Steve Gardener (eng) Supermatch

David Horne

24 February 2007

Theo Burggraaff (hol) V Steve Gardener (eng) Supermatch

Event 1 - Two Hands Pinch Lift

Steve Gardener 95.3k (101.11)

Theo Burggraaff 90.3k (95.80)

Event 2 - One Hand Vertical Bar Lift

Steve Gardener R/H 151.5k, L/H 159k = 310.5k total (101.68)

Theo Burggraaff R/H 186.5K, L/H 171.5K = 358k total (117.24)

Interval

David Horne Reverse bent a 6.5" Bastard bar, but unfortunately outside of the 30 sec time.

Jim Wylie Reverse bent a 6" Grade 8 bolt.

Elizabeth Horne did Farmers Walk with 2 x 70k 'farmers' for about 30 metres with 2 turns.

Event 3 - Rolling Thunder

Steve Gardener R/H 105.5k, L/H 93k = 198.5k total (107.46)

Theo Burggraaff R/H 88k, L/H 83k = 171k total (92.57)

Event 4 - One Hand Deadlift Olympic bar (no hook grip)

Steve Gardener R/H 150k, L/H 120k = 270k total (108)

Theo Burggraaff R/H 120K, L/H 110K = 230k total (92)

Interval

Laine Snook deadlifted the Millenium Dumbell twice.

Elizabeth Horne bent a 5.5" Grade 5 to 60 degrees in a few minutes.

Dunkster bent a 5.5" Grade 5 in about 25 secs.

Mike Betty, a strongman who has never bent before, bent a 5.5" Grade 5 to about 60 degrees, with the worst technique ever. Great guts to want to have a go, and endurance to carry on. Show him some techniques and he'll soon improve big time.

Final event - Grippers, putting the 20mm block in

Steve Gardener R/H #3.65, L/H #2.46 = 6.11 total (91.34)

Theo Burggraaff R/H #3.29, L/H #2.96 = 6.25 total (93.43)

Final Score

1st. Steve Gardener 509.59 pts

2nd. Theo Burggraaff 491.04 pts

This day had everything. Superb lifting, incredible lifts and unofficially the best V Bar lifts ever done. Laine lifting the Millenium dumbell, bending, and as usual incredible stuff done by Elizabeth.

And I don't say it often, but a near perfect display of lifting by Steve - well done my friend, you nust have learned something!

Finally, it was a very pleasant experience to meet new faces and old faces. Hopefully see you all at the next do!

David

And thanks to Nick for loading :angry::whistel

Nick

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• David Horne

• dunkster

• DuTCH

Sounds like an AWESOME grip day!

Unbelievable v-bar numbers by Theo :bow

2 MDB lifts - thats crazy! :blink Hopefully somebody video taped it!

Those vbar lifts are awesome Theo! :rock

It was a great success today and I'm really glad that I made the effort to go and support the guys and meet up with some new faces.

I would have put money on Steve ballsing something up but I have to admit that he brought his ‘A game’ along today and was hard to fault. Probably the best performance that I have seen from Steve.

It was nice to meet Theo and viewing his v bar performance left me speechless - I think that come May 19th he will be rightfully crowned the v bar KING!

David also deserves a mention as his reffing/commentating/event MC efforts where much appreciated and kept the event moving along nicely.

I think that there's a future in the 'Supermatch' format and I'm already looking forward to the next clash of titans.

Well done to all involved....even Nick ;)

Great day, great match, great lifts and a great bunch of people. Did I mention it was great? :tongue

Here's my vid of Theo's 411lb vbar lift.

I'll get Laine's Millenium lift up soon and some others.

Wow, wow, and wow! Congrats to both of you for taking part in grip history. Very impressive numbers all the way around.

Excellent lifting by both.

Although one can expect lower vbar numbers by Theo in a full contest with an additional event before the vbar (i.e., grippers) and possibly much longer wait between the lifts, I cannot see how Theo could fail setting a new vbar total (and possibly also one hand) WR in the May competition.

My 319k WR has stood for more than a year now. It is time to wipe it out and it seems like Theo will be the man to do it.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Very strong - worldclass lifts!

Again congrats to Steve and Theo!

Looks like the very first supermatch was a huge success!

Thanks for all who organized and helped at the event.

A super start!!!! Very well done!

I hope to see lot more supermatches in the future!

Cheers

T

Steve's close of the 3.65 Super Elite in the LAST event under strict rules is very impressive!!! Well done!

Hello everyone.

Just like to add that i enjoyed the show and well done to both parties involved. Nick do a great job and so did Dave on the Mic. There was great lifting all day a world class standard.

Well done once again.

Ps did anyone tape my bend atempt

Obviously I am trying to put as much pressure as possible on poor Theo so we will drop the weight on his toes or something and somehow "only" manage a 318-ish k total. Should be a fantastic vbar event with Theo, Chad and Scott. Someone told me David Horne's LGC vbar is optimally seasoned so there may be somewhat lower numbers in this event across the board in May as they will use another LGC vbar I believe.

Personally I don't regard a WR as the definite mark of a champion. If you are the best then you will be able to consistently beat the opposition regardless of conditions.

Excellent lifting by both.

Although one can expect lower vbar numbers by Theo in a full contest with an additional event before the vbar (i.e., grippers) and possibly much longer wait between the lifts, I cannot see how Theo could fail setting a new vbar total (and possibly also one hand) WR in the May competition.

My 319k WR has stood for more than a year now. It is time to wipe it out and it seems like Theo will be the man to do it.

I'll get Laine's Millenium lift up soon and some others.

Yeah - that would be great! :)