Münsterland Grip Challenge 3

DuTCH

Can't wait to see the results. Chad did what we expected him to do. Very impressive as usual.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moser1972

• DuTCH

• burkhardmacht

• Florian Kellersmann

Congrats everyone :rock

It was a great comp I must say!

Some impressive feats and Chad really blew us all away... just wait fpr the results. :D

Thanks to all the guys, especially Thorsten for making this comp possible, it was awesome!

WOW! What a contest!

It was a long day but a day I will never forget!

Guys, thanks for these competition :bow

I will clean up the room today and hope to post the results in detail later today.

We have some VERY high numbers ;)

:D

Cheers

Thorsten

Congrats to Chad, Theo and Flo. Thanks to Thorsten for organizing this great competition and to Martin for helping with the judging, it was much fun, especially the loading event. It was a nice day for me with Pr´s in almost every event.

Congratulations on a great performance to Chad and everyone. Well done on your win Chad, and the amazing pinch of the 3-15kg plates.

First I must say sorry; I made a mistake with Scott's final scoring.

I mistype the 2HP result of Scott in the scoring sheet and therefor Scott didnt placed on 12th - he placed on 10th!

I always try to make everything perfect and 100% and this failure hurts deep in me Scott!

Guys, I hope you dont reflect or assign my mistake to the whole competition and / or the outcomes and results in the events ; all guys gave his best and it was my failure with all consequences!

Thank you all for your understanding and again sorry Scott.

I uploaded the event results and the final scoring here

Congrats everyone!

Chad that is some really brutal lifting! :bow :bow

Congratulations to all competitors and Thorsten for a good competition

:bow:bow:bow

A bunch of strong results - congrats to everyone, especially big Chad!

Truly amazing accomplishments! Congrats to Chad and all the other fine lifters!

That was another great contest run by Thorsten. Thanks man.

Chad was awesome to watch and the vbar battle between him, Theo and Jim was thrilling.

Besides Chad, Scott impressed me most who outlifted me in the loading event with a broken shoulder and collar bone and would have been good for 2nd place when healthy. :mosher

We had some great fun again.

What we need to change for future contests:

- Have printouts of the record lists, we simply didn't know the current WR for the pinch when Chad asked, so we had to do some calls before his attempt.

- Modify the pinch setup to allow faster changes of the width and make it more robust against dropping, I'll work on that.

Jim should be back in England right now and Scott and Sherry are doing a trip to Schloss Neuschwanstein, enjoy.

Okay, I was a bit short on time when I wrote my last post, so I'll make this one a bit longer. :)

I don't really have any comparison point since this was my first comp, but it was great IMO.

Granted, it was a bit long, especially the 2HP took ages, but that was okay. There was lots of stuff going on while everybody was waiting.

Got to try some kettlebell stuff, bottoms up presses and all that silly stuff.

Almost everyone had a try at one of the inches laying around, etc.

Chad's performances were just mind blowing.

It's kind of humbling when someone warms-up with your competition max... :tongue

Theo did a really great job, too. And he's a great guy... and proud owner of two competition kettlebells... :D

And of course Flo, as the best german competitor... great job on everything basically... :)

As for Niels, great competition, and I kind of feel bad about the bending part... you did a great job though. :)

Like Franky said, Scott did great, too. Recovering from a not even month-old shoulder injury and still doing such a great job... that's truly inspiring...

And of course, everyone else did great, too. Both Flo and Jim earned my respect for keeping up such a high performance-level after tearing up their hand on the v-bar. Great pain tolerance, too! :rock

As for me, well, I definately learned that I need to condition my hands better. Seeing everyone else doing grip feats AFTER the comp kind of made me feel bad since both my hands were cramping up really bad (the axle deads and the loading event contributed greatly to that I'd say) and I couldn't even hub-lift a 20k plate fully without hurting...

Still, overall a great comp! :mosher

Okay, I was a bit short on time when I wrote my last post, so I'll make this one a bit longer. :)

I don't really have any comparison point since this was my first comp, but it was great IMO.

Granted, it was a bit long, especially the 2HP took ages, but that was okay. There was lots of stuff going on while everybody was waiting.

Got to try some kettlebell stuff, bottoms up presses and all that silly stuff.

Almost everyone had a try at one of the inches laying around, etc.

Chad's performances were just mind blowing.

It's kind of humbling when someone warms-up with your competition max... :tongue

Theo did a really great job, too. And he's a great guy... and proud owner of two competition kettlebells... :D

And of course Flo, as the best german competitor... great job on everything basically... :)

As for Niels, great competition, and I kind of feel bad about the bending part... you did a great job though. :)

Like Franky said, Scott did great, too. Recovering from a not even month-old shoulder injury and still doing such a great job... that's truly inspiring...

And of course, everyone else did great, too. Both Flo and Jim earned my respect for keeping up such a high performance-level after tearing up their hand on the v-bar. Great pain tolerance, too! :rock

As for me, well, I definately learned that I need to condition my hands better. Seeing everyone else doing grip feats AFTER the comp kind of made me feel bad since both my hands were cramping up really bad (the axle deads and the loading event contributed greatly to that I'd say) and I couldn't even hub-lift a 20k plate fully without hurting...

Still, overall a great comp! :mosher

It´s OK for me Max, you took a very well deserved 7th place. It had much fun competing with you and Erik, since we where very close together in every event during the whole contest. After 5 events I was only 2 or 3 points ahead of you if I remember correctly and in the final event you showed that you are the stronger reverse bender, so don´t feel bad and once again well deserved 7th place. I will rest a few days, and then I start my reverse bending training :tongue The next competition will come :rolleyes

Edited by Niels

I've had a great 4 days. From arriving in Frankfurt on Thursday until being dropped at the airport today by Franky, Scott and Sherry, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great competition, great people and great food (when we could get it - had to resort to Burger King after the comp, it was so late!).

I can't thank Franky (and Heika) enough for being a gracious host. He is generous to a fault and has wicked sense of humour. He was also kind enough to educate on the subject of schnitzels and German beer as well as show us around a little bit of Germany which included a trip to Cologne on the way to the contest. It was all very much appreciated. Scott (and Sherry), it was a pleasure to meet you and share the trip with you (BTW Sherry, that guy was a highway patrol man in Wild Hogs..!).

The competition was a great success. I really don't know how Thorston put on the event at just a 10 euro entry fee, but it was a great day, one that I will always remember. Thanks Thorsten :). If I am honest, I wasn't really looking forward to the trip and had second thoughts about attending. I am just glad that I did as it has served an important purpose - getting me back into grip and back into my training. Not getting into the top 3 was a hard pill to swallow, even in such a strong field. I made a few mistakes in the comp but there seems little point in going over them, no excuses now, just need to get stronger!

Chad deserves top marks for his performance (he's also nice guy). Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. I can't wait to see the clash of the Titans in August at the GGC though!

I was most impressed with Scott's effort. The fact that he even travelled from the States with a broken collar bone is enough but his perseverance and insistence to get on the score-sheet in every event was an amazing effort. I would hate to have competed against a healthy Scott George, I fear 5th place would have been the result.

It really was great to meet a whole bunch of new faces - Eric, Flo, Tom, Thorsten, Max, Honk - all good guys. Flo, I will be back to beat you at some point, I promise!! ...not on the Hub lift or grippers though, you can keep the glory in those events ;).

Edit: I forgot Theo! Sorry. He's stronger than ever and has something I want back one day - the V bar record. Well done, I was glad you got it friend.