Gripper training

Guest Christian

100 members have voted

1. 1. Gripper training

I normally work grip every third day. After talking with a few of you everyday'ers in this thread I started doing a few #3 singles every day. The results have been great! For me it's easy to get carried away and do to many singles on my "off" days. I'll pay for it by not being recovered enough for my work days. But if I limit the singles to 3-6 spread out throughout the day, I have been getting stronger by leaps and bounds. I've no doubt that this will get me to my goal a few months ahead of schedule. Thanks agin.

Perhaps Justa's singles program #1 would be a good addition to get someone past a sticking point. Singles every day, increasing the volume daily. If anyone needs more info on it let me know. I'll probably be giving this a go soon.

Arthur

Wannagrip,

I'm now an everyday convert as well.  I don't know why but my hands aren't like the rest of me, they recover overnight.  Since deciding to try everyday training I went from a single on the trainer to a set of thirty on it in 18 days.  I'll have the #1 with both left and right hands by the end of September at the latest.

dyoder16 :D

Wannagrip,

I'm now an everyday convert as well.  I don't know why but my hands aren't like the rest of me, they recover overnight.  Since deciding to try everyday training I went from a single on the trainer to a set of thirty on it in 18 days.  I'll have the #1 with both left and right hands by the end of September at the latest.

dyoder16 :D

Make sure you leave a bit of gas in the tank after every workout when doing it every day or almost every day.

Guest Christian

Almost everyday works for me! I got the #2 down to 1/2" today!  The #1 I can get a few times in a row and the trainer has become almost like a toy :) It feels almost like it's broke in, but then I give it to others to try and they can't do it at all.

I'm on the 5 day a week train now. It's definitely working.

Try short multiple workouts per day.  

Again, leaving gas in the tank in each.

Build the volume over the course of 4 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest todd_xxxx

You can do thirty reps on the trainer but can't close the #1?  I could do the #1 when I could only do 8 or so on the trainer.

todd_xxx

Yeah, I know it seems weird but I haven't closed it yet, although most of my tries have been after my workout.  If I really set my mind to it I think I could close it.  I do high reps on everything grip-wise because I feel it's more useful for my particular sport.  I need my grip for an extended period (15 minutes or so).  When I train specifically for the grippers I'll probably change my training.

dyoder16

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rockblaster

Right now I am training grip about 6 days a week, making sure not to repeat any exercises on any consecutive day.  Lately, I have really found new grip strength in working with the wrist roller.