Who have the biggest forearms?

Guest T-Bear

Check out my forearms shot taken by Tom Black at the 2002 AOBS.  It's in the GripGallery.

Terminator.......

Also, I believe he's one of the most impressive overall grip guys in the world today.

It's almost like he's been in hiding just plugging away and minding his own business all the while getting freaky strong on all sorts of grip feats.

How much can he lift?

Go to the Mark Henry thread and look at some of the pictures.

Guest baldy
Also, I believe he's one of the most impressive overall grip guys in the world today.

I'll second that. However, he isn't limited to just grip feats.
It's almost like he's been in hiding just plugging away and minding his own business all the while getting freaky strong on all sorts of grip feats.

I think that is because Pat doesn't train to hear others congratulate him, he trains for himself. He doesn't need to toot his own horn, he already has his reward from knowing what he can do.

T-Bear,

i only have 11.6 inches forearms but i can close the #1 for 5 to 7 reps the good days (i've been working on the grippers for a little more than a month) so i don't think that there is a real correlation between grip strength and forearm size !

I hope to be able to close the #2 by the end of the year but i don't expect a big increase in my forearms size...perhaps am i wrong ?

Thomas Inch Health & Strength Jan 28, 1922 p 70

regarding how to measure the forearm:

"I do not mean as American strong men measure- they

bend the arm and then measure the forearm. The only

correct way is to measure the straight arm for the

forearm measure."

Wrist straight in line with forearm. Forearm straight in

line with upper arm. Clench you fist and tense the forearm.

That's how the greats did it. A forearm which in this position

measures twice as large as the wrist circumference is a world

class arm. Of course, we are not speaking here of obesity

but muscularity.

Guest Christian
Wrist straight in line with forearm. Forearm straight in

line with upper arm. Clench you fist and tense the forearm.

That's how the greats did it. A forearm which in this position

measures twice as large as the wrist circumference is a world

class arm. Of course, we are not speaking here of obesity

but muscularity.

Thanks!

I just ghetto measured mine. 11.5 inches  :angry:

They still look fairly impressive on my 150lb frame.  When I flex them they're huge compared to my upper arm...which is sad.  I think since they are pretty vascular they look better :)

Christian,

i measured my right forearm (the left is a bit smaller) the way Mr Roark said. My wrists are 6.8 inches so you can bet it would be hard for me to get real big forearms  :)

Guest JSallee

OK, just because we are on the subject I have to add this picture I have in my files.  I can't remember his full name all I know is he is an armwrestler named Bill.  

fd94bd19.jpg

Guest JoeQ1966

Yes his name is Bill Ballinger..He is in Indiana like myself..He is world class in armwrestling..He used to weigh 160 but I see hes in the up to 176 class now..He bar none has the freakiest forearms I have ever personally seen..His forearms are the same size as his bicepts..

Joe

Guest T-Bear

To amaury: Forearmsize depends on gripstrength as well as wriststrength, my forearms measured 12,8 inches when I begun to train forearms dec 2001 and today they measured 13,5 inches. My gripstrength and wriststrength had developed strong under that time.

To J Salle: Is it okey if I copy your picture of Bill Ballinger to my homepage´s site about my forearmtraining?

Just for shitz & giggles, I measured my forearms... My right is 12 1/2 inches and my left is 12 inches.

That was just flexing, that wasn't after a forearm work out when my arms are all bloated.

Wow! you guys are in the 13 inch range... you dudes are monsters! *LOL* :0

Keep on training!!!  :)

Guest JSallee
To J Salle: Is it okey if I copy your picture of Bill Ballinger to my homepage´s site about my forearmtraining?

Yeah I am sure it is okay.  I don't "own" that picture.  I found it on an armsport website a while back.  

Just for comparison I measured my forearms this morning when I got up.  My right is about 13.5 and my left is just over 13 inches.

The forearm measurment acquires real meaning

only in relation to wrist size.

Remember a while back some fellow named Baer

was posting and claimed 19" forearms- and some

ridiculously large wrist (was it 13"?). Anyway, he

was probably a troll, but if not, his forearms must

have been a study in parallel lines.