Mark henry does it!

Bill Piche

Still a bit sleepy, but I just wanted to mention that Heath was under 1/8" on the Phantom 4 the first time.  About 1/8" the second time.  Then after everything was said and done (15 reps on the #3, compared to my measly 4 reps) he held the coil of the Phantom at the prompting of Dr. Strossen and you would be hard pressed to slide a credit card between the handles.  Fresh, Heath would own that gripper as well as his #4.  

Oh, did anyone mention that Heath MASHED Richard's original Silvercrush gripper twice and held it for about 15 seconds each time?  Well he did, and I believe Richard was IMPRESSED.  A great time was had by all, thanks to everyone.  Off to Iron Island today, watch out Blob!

I just want to add, Pat scared people!  He put on an awesome bending display, he hit the weak 60, blue @ 6", BLUE @ 4.5"!!!!!!!!  Then he was taken hostage by Stanless Steel and Dennis Rodgers.  He put a nice bend in a 10"x3/8" HARDEND nail, WOW.  Dennis and Stanless were VERY impressed, Dennis said that he couldn't put a kink in the nail.  When you impress people like Richard Sorin, Dennis, Stanless, and a host of CoC's, I think that says a lot.

Pat's gripper display consisted of, killing a #3, closing and holding a #3 for 35 secs with 3 fingers, missing a 2 finger by 1/8", twice, and BARELY missing a double close, barely.  He probably closed the #3 20 or more times last night.  Awesome display.

Steve aka 3Crusher, barely missed his hard #3, which is a real monster, and he barely missed a 3 finger close lefty.  

I had a super time, I really can't describe it.  Sitting and talking to Mr. Sorin was just an honor, what a guy.  My Mastery of Hand Strength is now autographed by some of the greats in this game, thank you all!

congrats to all, you guys are a true inspiration. I once mentioned to a member that I had heard Mangus S closed  the 3 for ten reps. This member thought this was amazing and almost did not believe it. However this weekend  he did the 3 for a set of 15. Way to go Heath. I hope to some day just get one. :)

Popeye Reincarnated and Da Crush Monster do it again! :)

They didn't get those names for nothing!

MORE PICS!!  :D So Heath has made the best attempt at the Phantom 4 so far? & where was John Brookfield? Nobody has mentioned him so far.  :( Not to take anything away from Mark Henry's lift, but was the Inch replica weighed? Dr Ken said that not all of them are 172, some are as light as 150-something.

Guest baldy

Way to go guys, I knew that the gripboard would be well represented. Congrats Greg, that picture of you closing a #3 with Mr Sorin in the background is just too cool. Also, I'm glad Dr Strossen was there to see everything that took place!

Last night was truly amazing, I got to see history with Mark Henry.  I got to meet Slim the Hammer Man Farman, Kaz, and many others.  Obviously the highlight of the night for me was getting certified, but watching what Heath and Pat were able to do was really impressive.  

It was also great to meet the legendary sybersnott, and talk some shop with him.  All in all it was a great night and I'm looking forward to going again next year.  Many thanks to all the gripboard members who attended for showing me a great time that I'll never forget. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D !!!!!!!

I just got home and popped in the tape of the footage that I shot of the AOBS.... 3Crusher (Steve), Terminator (Pat), Bearcat (Heath), 1stCOC (Richard), Riotgrip (Greg), and me Sybersnott were all at ONE table, and it seemed we were the center of attention for most of the night.  :)

I don't know what was better, Mark Henry making strength/weightlifting history - or Greg becoming the newest COC right before my very eyes!!  It truly was a night to remember!  This AOBS banquet was WAY better than the last one.... how many people did I get to meet??  Too many to mention.  Just meeting Richard was worth it to me.  Do you know we went till about 1 a.m.??

It was a great, GREAT night - and I'm so glad I attended!!  :)

baldy,

I took all the pictures in the flash news report and was aware of the alignment of Richard Sorin in Greg's certification picture.  Dr. Strossen was just to my left taking his shot for Milo.  I took 112 pictures at the Dinner.  I must have an easy 20 that are spectacular.  Dennis Rodgers all locked up in chains and locks and many of him breaking them.  I got quite a few Slim pictures and some of Stanless Steel. I just got home so I don't know if I will send more today.

Thanks again Tom for providing the pictures and flash report. What a scoop! :)

Jesse, I believe the double hammer Slim was using was something like 52.5 lbs.  Guys, correct me if I'm mistaken (3crusher has it on video).

Tom,

Where's that double forearm shot that you took of me??  And why wasn't I included in the COC forearms pic?  Pat can tell ya.... I can give Popeye a run for his money!  :p

That is an unbelievable amount of weight to use in any style of sledgehammer levering, let alone a difficult one like that.  Did he perform any more feats?

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Very impressive guys ! Those where some awsome displays strength. Just when you start to think you are making some improvments in your training , you find out how far you are still behind. My hats off to all of you !

Guest 77-1005097254

Very well done Greg!!!  Pat, Amazing strength!!!

Heath, 15 reps on a no3!!!!  That is "crushing"  at a superhuman level !!!!!

You guys have inspired me to go beyond my No3.

Cogratulations!!

Michael.

Guest Jeff Roark

You guys are the best and it makes me sick to my stomach that I missed such an event. I hope to be there with you guys next year. Pat, good god man you have one #### of a set of pea shooters!!! I now know what I want my little straws to look like. Heath, you are the Man!!! You on top of the heap man stay there and pave the path for the rest of us. You all represented the sport well.

I want to try your #3 too Tom  ;)

Tou, please don't start a trend of passing around a statistically easier #3 gripper in an effort to get certified.  This kind of stuff violates the spirit of this whole thing.  Tom's gripper was not the hardest #3 I've seen but it was a #3 nonetheless.  As I've said in past posts, I want to be able close any #3 I put my hands on.  This started with my OWN first gripper.  If you can't close the one in your hands, get stronger...don't take an easy way out.

I agree with Pat.  Besides, you never know, maybe your Number 3 Tou is slightly easier than mine and you would find mine harder.  I have 4 number 3 grippers, this one was the easiest, but a #3 nevertheless.  Once I close the easiest I will move up through the other number 3's, so it's just a stepping stone, not a milestone.

Sybersnott, give me a break, I was half asleep all day yesterday.  I'll have the picture to Wannagrip soon, I thought the pictures of Slim and Dennis Rogers were more significant, although your forearms are mighty impressive.  I don't know where you were when we took the forearm shot.  We weren't very organized about it, everything in my mind seems like a whirlwind now.

Slim levered from the front, 52-pounds total, 26-pounds in each hand.  With his arms out to the side he did 17-pounds.  The picture is the start of the 26-pound lift.  Slim bent a big steel bar, probably 1"x1/2"x4-feet.  He made a special point of showing it to everyone at the grip table.  He said to me "I know you want a good look at it."  Hah, too much for me to bend, that's for sure.  It looked like he took a larger piece and used a grinding wheel to make it nice and shiny for the show.  An excellent idea.   He also broke about 5 lengths of number 8 jack chain in a special harness type configuration that he designed.