Assistance Exercises For Sledge Levering

bygbadwolf

I'm looking to focus on sledge stunts and levering in the coming months, what would be exercises to improve those things, I mean besides levering different hammers many times from many angles. I'm sure the "Slim "the Hammerman" DVD has some, but I don't have it, oh well

Edited by bygbadwolf

How about some levering? That might help your levering get better. Either that or you could try levering some hammers or possibly levering.

Soilworker's pretty much got it.

If you insist on doing something else in hopes of pushing the levering, I supposed some various wrist curls and finger curls but they would probably lead to overtraining more than big numbers.

Wrist curls behind the back had more carryover than anything else I found. Use a barbell or Formulator or Peg2 or whatever. It hits the levering muscles more than a standard wrist curl but having said that - no doubt, various levering movements are best for levering. Use a variety of set-rep schemes and don't use just max efforts with a heavy sledge. Be sure to include rotational movements as well. Luck to you.

On Slim's DVD he says he pretty much just does levering and uses a wrist roller. But then again he did swing a sledge hammer everyday for prolly 45 years. So that might have something to do with it.

Just make sure you keep a log of your progress. On the DVD Slim wrote everything down he did even just for the demonstration on the DVD. Gotta know where you stand each workout.

On Slim's DVD he says he pretty much just does levering and uses a wrist roller. But then again he did swing a sledge hammer everyday for prolly 45 years. So that might have something to do with it.

Just make sure you keep a log of your progress. On the DVD Slim wrote everything down he did even just for the demonstration on the DVD. Gotta know where you stand each workout.

ok, so my options are levering, behind the back wrist curls, levering, wrist roller, levering, and.........a whole lot of levering. well silly me, guess I'd better get to work

And bending, especially reverse style. Carefull though you might like the bending more than the levering.

And bending, especially reverse style. Carefull though you might like the bending more than the levering.

Levering will bring your bends up big time as well.