Brand New Guy Hoping To Hang With The Big Boys

bygbadwolf

this is my VERY first post in here so bear with me, I'm just a strength hobbyist, cellar dwellin' and hoping one day to pull off a few grip stunts for my own gratification. Lately my workouts have been a modified singles routine I read in Steve Justa's book. ten lifts, 2 singles each, 70% of max, up weight 5-10 lbs every 3 days, max out every 2 weeks. here are the lifts: squat, deadlift, handstand pushup, weighted dip, eagle loop weighted pullup, thick handled DB hammer curl, plate press lift, two hand pinch lift, thick handled DB wrist curl, front one hand sledge lever. I REALLY like sledge work and hope to lever BIG hammers soon. Also want to get a thick bar soon since I LOVE to deadlift, the max is 385lbs right now but I want 400 by the end of the year. well, I await critisism and encouragement from any of you. I value input since I have no formal training in strength, so any help is appreciated

From one Wolf to another I wish you well

a lot of this equipment you can make yourself you don't have spend too

much money I made my own 2" thickbar and converted all my dumbeel to

2" handles. 2" galv. pipe goes a long way to making stuff .

thx for the tip lone wolf if one puts a 2" pipe around a DB its almost like a rolling thunder i assume?

not to sound rude, looking forward reading your training blog "bygbadwolf" lets see what results your getting with this kind of training i myself do a kind of HIT system im a newbie thou (in most lifts)

thx for the tip lone wolf if one puts a 2" pipe around a DB its almost like a rolling thunder i assume?

I use the fixed dumbbells with screw at each end so when tightened there very solid

you wouldn't want the weights flopping around.

I use the fixed dumbbells with screw at each end so when tightened there very solid

My DB's are homemade thick handles too. Used clothesline and duct tape. My presses are going steadily and my levering is improving as well, and my wrist curls. My pulls and my squats seem to be stalling though.

My DB's are homemade thick handles too. Used clothesline and duct tape. My presses are going steadily and my levering is improving as well, and my wrist curls. My pulls and my squats seem to be stalling though.

I like the idea- cheap, easy, and it has some grip factor to it. What kind of clothes line did you use (material), and did you wrap the whole thing with duct tape or leave the rope exposed?

I like the idea- cheap, easy, and it has some grip factor to it. What kind of clothes line did you use (material), and did you wrap the whole thing with duct tape or leave the rope exposed?

to be honest it was old cheap clothesline I had extra of, by sheer luck did I have enough to do both handles. I wrappedthe handle with line first, then taped it around about 2 or 3 times, then repeated to desired thickness

to be honest it was old cheap clothesline I had extra of, by sheer luck did I have enough to do both handles. I wrappedthe handle with line first, then taped it around about 2 or 3 times, then repeated to desired thickness

The guys at home Depot look at me a little strange when I ask them to cut the pipe

and then tell them not to put any thread on it

The guys at home Depot look at me a little strange when I ask them to cut the pipe

and then tell them not to put any thread on it

"bygbadwolf", you mean you just use cloth to make the handle thicker?

"lone wolf" i think one could also use PVC pipe and then just wrap some sportsband or something around it? thats what im gonna try i think.