Curse My Own Hide

dubthewonderscot

Ok, when am I gonna learn that I'm not 18 anymore. Doing deadlifts with a friend, he failed on 353, and I was just doing singles with him for grins, today was body weight exercise day for me. Well I try to be funny and rep out about 8 or so just to goad him.

Well, on rep numbah two, my lower back and down my right leg start burning. Yeah I know what that is, done it 3 times now.

So, now it hurts to move. My stabilizers are shot, firing anytime I twitch and hurting. It's gonna take another week or two to heal on this.

Oh, and tonight I move a 300 pound block ice maker, tomorrow I blacksmith for 4 hours at a living history museum, sunday I move furniture.....more more more.

Bad timing. Sorry for the grouch session, I know better. Bad form, wasn't watching myself and my form. Wasn't warmed up. I'm a tool. It's nowhere near my max effort, and my pride cost me.

W

Sorry to hear it - take care of it - then take care of it if you know what I mean.

No doubt, only one I got. I need to take care of this thing.

Time to start working on the preventive maintenance you espouse. I've been drawn in the vacuous morass of lifting idiocy for to long.

Man I feel you, I've had a bad back injury that has made me pretty sorry for a few months now. All I can say is ACTIVE RECOVERY. When I left my back alone, it wouldn't get any better. As soon as I worked in hypers and light good mornings it has started to get better by leaps and bounds.