Pete's Journal

pdfk20

Dear all,

Some of you guys may recognise me as youngguns12.5 from over at grippermania, thought i would let myself be known over here on the gripboard.

I am from London England and have been training grip for about a year now, at first it was to just support my climbing hobby, but now i do the grip training just for itself.

Recently i closed the no.3 and have just started pinching plates and getting into that, would like to explore other aspects of grip including Vbar and bending.

My ultimate goal in gripping is to close the no.4

Happy gripping to all,

Pete

Hey, I've seen countless videos of #3 attempts from you :tongue Just today or yesterday I saw the CLOSE, finally, heh. Great job after just 1 year! Hope you have your eyes on the BBE already :)

Thanks for the interest, yeah i put about 6 attempts online of the no.3 then got a bit annoyed with it and left it for a couple of weeks, before nailing it twice the other day, was v.pleased!

I've got 2 RB grippers on their way, both of which are rated above the no.3 .... the RB260 and RB300N so they will be my next 2 goals , once their shut i will invest in an elite.

Thanks for the interest, yeah i put about 6 attempts online of the no.3 then got a bit annoyed with it and left it for a couple of weeks, before nailing it twice the other day, was v.pleased!

I've got 2 RB grippers on their way, both of which are rated above the no.3 .... the RB260 and RB300N so they will be my next 2 goals , once their shut i will invest in an elite.

RB 260 is likely to be easier than most #3's.

Good luck in your journy. :D

Tonights gripping:

RH:

BBM:

3 sets of 5 reps

#3:

1st attempt: CLOSED !!

2nd attempt: CLOSED !!

3rd attempt: missed by 1/16"

4th attempt: missed by 1/8"

TNS BBSM:

1 attempt missed by 1/8"

LH:

BBM:

3 sets of 4 reps

RB240N:

1st attempt: missed by 1/16"

2nd attempt: CLOSED !! and held for 5s

3rd attempt: missed by 1/8"

Pinching

20 chest cruses of HG400 (trying to reduce the spread of this beast!!)

Contrast baths.

Nice workout Pete :rock

Cheers John.

My Ironmind Expand your hand bands turned up today,( i had been using just regular elastic bands) I can quite comfortably open up the red band, so i think i will train with that one. After about 20 reps with i get stiff, so i think thats what i will start on, then i may put a white iniside the red.

• 5 weeks later...

RH:

BBM:

2 sets of 5 reps.

#2:

Set from MMS then all reps fully closed then out to parallel. Rest time approx. 5 mins between sets.

1st set: 31 reps PR !! ( arm was very stiff after this)

2nd set: 23 reps

3rd set: 21 reps

4th set: 21 reps

5th set: 19 reps

6th set: 15 reps

7th set: 15 reps

8th set: 13 reps

9th set: 10 reps

10th set: 10 reps

LH:

BBM

2 sets of 5 reps

#2:

(Same set as RH)

1st set: 14 reps

2nd set: 13 reps

3rd set: 11 reps

4th set: 15 reps PR!!

5th set: 9 reps

6th set: 7 reps

7th set: 9 reps

8th set: 7 reps

9th set: 8 reps

10th set: 6 reps

BH: Warm down with no.1

My forearms havent felt this pumped for a while...feels good!

Wow that's a lot of reps Pete! how many do you reckon you'd be good for full range on the #2?

Cheers :mosher

Last time i went for max reps , fully range, i think i managed about 23, but will have a crack in my next session, as im working on high volume reps at the moment.

Managed 36 parallel reps of my no.2 tonight on my RH. Overall in the workout i did less sets as arms were too tired. Still pleased with the PR.

Managed 36 parallel reps of my no.2 tonight on my RH. Overall in the workout i did less sets as arms were too tired. Still pleased with the PR.

Dood, seriously, unbelievable. :ohmy We're talking consecutive reps here, right? :rock

Edited by Cannon

Dood, seriously, unbelievable. :ohmy We're talking consecutive reps here, right? :rock

cheers,

yeah the reps are consecutive, the first 20 reps were very fast then began to slow, till last 6 reps or so were really grinded out, till failure.

tonights gripping:

High rep and goal gripper work:

RH:

BBM: 2 sets 5 reps

#2: 37 PR !!!!, 28, 18

RB300 Forced Negatives (missed by .... forced closed then let out and held for 3s): 1/8", 1/4", 1/8"

LH:

BBM: 2 sets of 5 reps

#2: 12, 16, 13

RB300: 1/4", 1/2", 1/2"

tonights gripping:

High rep and goal gripper work:

RH:

BBM: 2 sets 5 reps

#2: 37 PR !!!!, 28, 18

RB300 Forced Negatives (missed by .... forced closed then let out and held for 3s): 1/8", 1/4", 1/8"

LH:

#2: 12, 16, 13

RB300: 1/4", 1/2", 1/2"

Are you doing your goal gripper work after all those high rep sets? I would switch it the other way around if I were you.

Great number of reps on that #2.

yeah youre right, did it this way round, but wasnt planning on doing goal gripper work till kind of spur of the moment,

Goal Gripping today :

RH:

BBM: 2 sets 5 reps ( i have found that this is ample warm-up)

#3:

3 Attempts all missed by 1/8", forced shut , let open to 1/16" and held for 5s

RB300N:

4 Attempts, first 3 missed by 1/16", forced shut, let open to 1/32" and held for 3s., last one was missed by 1/4".

#2:

1 set of 10 reps of with a inverted 3 finger set.

LH:

BBSM:

6 sets closed and held for 3s, last set missed by 1/8".

Extensors

Contrast baths later.

dissapointed that i havent closed the no.3 for some time now, i think it comes a lot down to the fact that im still not confident with setting it in the optimum place., very pleased with progress of LH over last month seen some big gains in strength.

Goal Gripping today :

RH:

BBM: 2 sets 5 reps ( i have found that this is ample warm-up)

#3:

3 Attempts all missed by 1/8", forced shut , let open to 1/16" and held for 5s

RB300N:

4 Attempts, first 3 missed by 1/16", forced shut, let open to 1/32" and held for 3s., last one was missed by 1/4".

#2:

1 set of 10 reps of with a inverted 3 finger set.

LH:

BBSM:

6 sets closed and held for 3s, last set missed by 1/8".

Extensors

Contrast baths later.

dissapointed that i havent closed the no.3 for some time now, i think it comes a lot down to the fact that im still not confident with setting it in the optimum place., very pleased with progress of LH over last month seen some big gains in strength.

LH is coming on VERY WELL mate.

Pete, if you dont find it comfortable with setting, i suggest you do some thumb work and get that thumb pad bigger. That may help.

• 3 weeks later...

Having been to Ben Edwards today i have several new grip achievements:

1. Closed no.3 LH

2. Closed no.3 RH for 5 parallel reps.

3. Closed HG350

4. Closed BB Elite

5. Vbar 301 lbs

6. Bomb 113 lbs

7. Blob 42.5 lbs

I am very happy with my new records :rock

Look forward to setting new records over the coming months.