Bbb2 Test Workout

bencrush

I still have a bunch of pain in my palms from the PR bend I did on the 2nd right before getting on the plane for Paris. Did a 5.75" Hexabastard in 3 minutes and 31 seconds and my palms have hurt ever since. Off and on though. Now they're mainly just hurting but that doesn't seem to effect my grippers or blocks or vbar much.

GRIPPERS. Closed an easy Elite with my right.

BENDING. Bent a Red and called it quits due to palm pain.

FBBC VBAR. Pulled 330.5 at least 2" off the ground with my left. Not bad for as long as I've been neglecting it lately.

BLOB MEDLEY. Didn't do any medley stuff. Just full pulled my loaned 42.5 York with both hands today! Great for me at this point. Couldn't budge it last year at his contest so we'll see what a few events do to my blob strength.

BOMB. Pulled 141.5 to full deadlift for a new 2 pound PR. :cool Not too bad.

I hope I can pull my palms back to recent reality in time for the contest and bend some big steel. As it's feeling today I'll be lucky to get a Big Bastard. And that sucks because I've warmed up with a Big a few times. :D

Not bad, not bad.

Of course your bending will be far higher at the contest.

Man you will totally smoke me. :D

Try some ice Ben, since I started hitting the short stuff I have had to ice my left pec, thumbpads and palms pretty much every night for the last 2 weeks. Also wrists occasionally. It has really helped me get the swelling down and keep going. I like to take the little paper dixie cups and fill w/water then freeze a few. When you need to ice, you can just tear off the upper portion of the cup and rub the affected area.

- Aaron

OK - it's chunch time - time for you guys to hit the gym and work long and hard - especially Thursday and Friday - you should all do marathon sessions on all events. That last little bit of training may be just what you need to be at your very best. :inno I'm very well rested - like three weeks worth except for a week of climbing but to be honest - I feel great. My back was messed up at GGC and I was just getting over pneumonia the contest before that so this time I'm healthy and feeling good anyway. I've compared all my very best ever PRs to what I know you guys can do and I'm still getting buried by this group of studs. This is by far the overall strongest group of competitors I have seen signed up for any contest so far on the board. Over half are #3 closers, 3/4 are Red or better benders, several v-bars over 350# including the WR holder. Several guys who will make the Blob load a "speed" event and need larger than 50# Blobs to even slow them down. This is going to be a really fun day - I'm looking forward to it. See ya all Sat.

Grandpa grip :rolleyes - climber511

Not bad, not bad.

Of course your bending will be far higher at the contest.

Man you will totally smoke me. :D

Thanks Franky. You and I are going to be very closely matched on grippers and bending I think. Your blob strength is definitely better than mine. My vbar is a bit better than yours. So it's a nice tradeoff and I think we are about as evenly matched as is possible in a contest like this.

Looking forward to it!

Try some ice Ben, since I started hitting the short stuff I have had to ice my left pec, thumbpads and palms pretty much every night for the last 2 weeks. Also wrists occasionally. It has really helped me get the swelling down and keep going. I like to take the little paper dixie cups and fill w/water then freeze a few. When you need to ice, you can just tear off the upper portion of the cup and rub the affected area.

- Aaron

Thanks for the great tip Aaron. I'll start the ice right now.

OK - it's chunch time - time for you guys to hit the gym and work long and hard - especially Thursday and Friday - you should all do marathon sessions on all events. That last little bit of training may be just what you need to be at your very best. :inno I'm very well rested - like three weeks worth except for a week of climbing but to be honest - I feel great. My back was messed up at GGC and I was just getting over pneumonia the contest before that so this time I'm healthy and feeling good anyway. I've compared all my very best ever PRs to what I know you guys can do and I'm still getting buried by this group of studs. This is by far the overall strongest group of competitors I have seen signed up for any contest so far on the board. Over half are #3 closers, 3/4 are Red or better benders, several v-bars over 350# including the WR holder. Several guys who will make the Blob load a "speed" event and need larger than 50# Blobs to even slow them down. This is going to be a really fun day - I'm looking forward to it. See ya all Sat.

Grandpa grip :rolleyes - climber511

ROFL! :tongue Great advice Climber! You know I'd normally be doing just that...did it last year like an idiot.

All you have to do to really trick me into doing stuff is just have your grippers sitting out invitingly when I get to the contest area...I can't help myself. I'll start closing them unless my Travis hobbles my arms to my sides.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you still interested in that MM3?

Interested how? Like dating it? Or closing it? If the latter, then yes. :cool Right now I'm focused more on my all around placing at the MGC5 than just closing a Super Elite and maybe regressing on my bending to the level where I can't bend a Red. So trying to do decent bending and decent grippers is about all I can manage right now. And pulling okay numbers on the vbar probably doesn't give my hands a lot of time for other things right now. But I am getting the grippers out more often now and thanks to John Eaton, I've got a Hard Elite to work with again. Thanks again John. :rock Plus I'll be working on the 42.5 York and doing deloads and negative attempts with my 50 York too. So that can only help. Plus I put my Super Elite in a hose clamp last night and will be working with that again too. So things are looking up.

Maybe you should chase the MM3 for me?

The MM3 is a huge goal for anyone, it seems.

From the pyramid and from the attempts, one could conclude that the gap between MM2 and MM3 is the biggest; everyone failed on that MM3, except monkeypaws, the first guy to close it. And see how many MM2's there are, yet very little MM3 people.

However, in my own personal opinion, if someone from this board should take his revenge on MM grippers, it would be Josh Dale. He failed MM2 once, long ago, but he is MUCH stronger now, evidenced by his #4 close last year at the contest, and last week he placed 2nd in the grippers event behind only Dave Morton, arguably the king of grippers right now.

Is the MM3 like a hard Elite, or an easy Super Elite?