Double-stamped Ironmind Grippers

Mjoynt

Hi,

it's taken from ironmind's grippers FAQ, ironmind.com, i quote : "A time-honored variation of this procedure involves putting your gripper on a bathroom scale, bearing down on the handles until they touch, and reading the poundage at that point." So i tried it and i obtained on my electronic scale(by the way, my grippers are double stamped) :

- 37 kg for the #1

-50 kg for the #2

I definitely think that the procedure is a good way to compare grippers hardness particularly single stamped and double stamped grippers. Moreover 50/37=195/140 (almost) which is a good sign. The problem is that i have no idea of what a normal poundage is for a #1 and a #2.

So if anyone tried it i m deeply interested.

Mikael,

My double stamped #2 is very hard. I've tried various #2's and the hardest I had was Nick's #2 which was way harder than any other I had previously tried. It was also an older #2 which was heavier (maybe steel handles?). I also have a hard BBM which is very close to my easiest #3. The double stamped #2 is very, very close to my BBM which means it's close to my easiest #3. As for my double stamped #3, well it's closer to my Elite than to any of my #3's.

I have to agree that the new grippers are really well built. As I mentioned in my previous post could it be possible that they are now being manufactured by machines and are not handmade as I was told? I know this may be a bit far off and John could perhaps qualify it for me but could PDA be making the Ironmind grippers now that they have stopped making the SOS grippers? It makes sense, Ironmind could have better quality grippers with less variation and PDA doesn't have to put up with the constant hold ups to their production line.

Arthur