Are Weak Men Allowed To Post Routines!?

lifesnotfair

Yesterday (monday) was a holiday in here, so I didn't do the cardio I should've done. The previous day (sunday), I got unbelievably drunk and puked my strength, it seems.

At the gym, it sucked!

I did some flat dumbell bench presses, I wanted to see what I could do with the 55's.

1x5 @ 40lbs, 1x5 @ 55lbs, 2x10 @55lbs, 1x7 @ 55lbs. It's clear I should use a higher weight if I were to do 3 workout sets of 5 reps, but it sucks to have to jump to the 70lb dumbell because the 60 and 65 are damaged, ARGH! Today sucked, I will throw a bench session before next tuesday, probably on saturday, in which I only do deadlifts and "arms".

I tried dips, and sucked, couldn't get 10 consecutive. I tried pulldown and sucked, so I left the gym, I didn't feel like working out at that point.

After work I decided to hit the grippers. Warmup with 5 BBA closes each hand, which felt hard, LOL. Then I tried my filed #1 left handed, which I figure would be good to get this hand to finally close the BBSA, and missed by 2mm or so. I did a few singles on this. I tried sets of reps with this gripper right handed, but that last bit is tremendously hard for me, I could only do like 4-5 reps closing it completely. I wonder if I could get 10 reps if it weren't filed.. I never got past 7-8 before filing it. But I got 14-15 parallel reps on my BBSA about 1 week ago, so I'm sure I could.

I don't want to file my BBSA, those BB grippers sure ar nice. In my next gripper session I'm gonna try strapholding something with my filed #1 left handed, I'm sure by doing this for a couple of sessions, next time I try the BBSA I will REP it with that hand. I don't know what to do right handed though. I didn't touch my BBSA or #2 today, just trying to rep the filed #1 and it's so hard, and so uncomfortable to rep (pinches my skin right there where I filed it). I'm thinking of trying strapholds with it too, just a bigger poundage than left hand.

I did wrist curls with dumbells, 5x5 with these weights: 30lbs and 46.5lbs (not counting pin).

I did Extension with the Pegasus, trying 12.5lbs in the form of 5 2.5lb plates, and only had to barely cheat a bit on the last set of 5. I'm getting the hang of it.

IM Yellow and Blue bands.

At least this workout didn't feel so crappy as the one at the gym. I'll find a way to include at least one set of pulldown and benchpress before next week, maybe I'll sacrifice some isolation excercise or something.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lifesnotfair

• Scott Styles

• superfeemiman

• Teemu I

Standing dumbell military press:

1x5 @ 20lbs

1x5 @ 30lbs

1x5 @ 40lbs

1x4 @ 45lbs - quite hard, and very hard to balance. I keep saying to myself "I should do this seated!".

1x5 @ 40lbs

1x5 @ 40lbs

1x5 @ 45lbs - I didn't lower them too much, but maybe a bit past 90 degrees.

I know, sounds like a lot of sets, but the difference between the 40 and 45lbs is killing me. Next time I will try to work only with the 45's even if I have to keep them from lowering as much as I want to. It's very hard not to arch the back some. I think I would very much prefer to do this seated, but standing is harder and Teemu told me to do them standing, so, oh well.

Pulldown - underhand grip at shoulder width.

Did 5x5 with these weights: 110, 150, 190, 190, 190 - the last rep of the last set was TOUGH! but got them all and they were all good, with the bar finishing below my chin and everything. Did this today as I felt shitty on tuesday.

Squats

Did 5x5 with these weights: 45, 95, 125, 155, 155, 155. The 155 felt very hard from the first set all the way through the last, but as I had done that weight in the previous workout, on that last set I actually went for a 6th rep and got it. Maybe this means I gotta go for 165 next week. I feel my back is not strong enough, sometimes when I start to push up, I feel my legs do move up, but my back moves forward a bit. Hopefully with the deadlifts I'm doing my back will get stronger eventually. Not a bad session.

Preacher curls

1x10 @ 50lbs

1x10 @ 70lbs x2 sets - that last rep on the second set with this weight was amazingly hard!

1x7 @ 70lbs - When I finished the 2nd set I knew it would be almost impossible to get 10 reps on a third set, but 7 is good. It's more than last time.

I think I will workout a bit after work when I'm home, but not grippers though, as I've noticed my gripper strength is not at it's best on the days when I do pulldown.

Standing dumbell military press:

1x5 @ 20lbs

1x5 @ 30lbs

1x5 @ 40lbs

1x4 @ 45lbs - quite hard, and very hard to balance. I keep saying to myself "I should do this seated!".

1x5 @ 40lbs

1x5 @ 40lbs

1x5 @ 45lbs - I didn't lower them too much, but maybe a bit past 90 degrees.

I know, sounds like a lot of sets, but the difference between the 40 and 45lbs is killing me. Next time I will try to work only with the 45's even if I have to keep them from lowering as much as I want to. It's very hard not to arch the back some. I think I would very much prefer to do this seated, but standing is harder and Teemu told me to do them standing, so, oh well.

Pulldown - underhand grip at shoulder width.

Did 5x5 with these weights: 110, 150, 190, 190, 190 - the last rep of the last set was TOUGH! but got them all and they were all good, with the bar finishing below my chin and everything. Did this today as I felt shitty on tuesday.

Squats

Did 5x5 with these weights: 45, 95, 125, 155, 155, 155. The 155 felt very hard from the first set all the way through the last, but as I had done that weight in the previous workout, on that last set I actually went for a 6th rep and got it. Maybe this means I gotta go for 165 next week. I feel my back is not strong enough, sometimes when I start to push up, I feel my legs do move up, but my back moves forward a bit. Hopefully with the deadlifts I'm doing my back will get stronger eventually. Not a bad session.

Preacher curls

1x10 @ 50lbs

1x10 @ 70lbs x2 sets - that last rep on the second set with this weight was amazingly hard!

1x7 @ 70lbs - When I finished the 2nd set I knew it would be almost impossible to get 10 reps on a third set, but 7 is good. It's more than last time.

I think I will workout a bit after work when I'm home, but not grippers though, as I've noticed my gripper strength is not at it's best on the days when I do pulldown.

Lookin' good! :rock

Thanks guys.

09.11.2006 after work.

Tried pinching with my setup of four 5lb plates with the loading pin through them and more weight added to each side. I was holding it for at least 5 seconds.

20lbs, 30lbs, 40lbs, 45lbs, 46.5lbs ... On those last sets I could feel my fingers side (not the thumb) slipping, but very slowly, so I could still keep the weight lifted for 5 secs or even a bit more. I like this setup and will continue with it, as I can do small increments. Next step is trying 50lbs. Left hand felt even better at this, first thing ever that the left feels stronger at, wow. I then tried pinching five 5's and got them up, and then tried six but couldn't, they get too wide and I can't put my index finger on the other side.

Plate Wrist-Curls:

Toyed around with my 6kg plate, warmed up with it, then the setup I'm using is this: I use this plate one one side of the dumbell, and on the other side I placed a 2.5lb, and I do the excercise like that, it's way harder than the plate alone. Could only get sets og 4 reps with my left like this, so I'll work on this same setup next time, gotta get a bit stronger before using my 20lb plate.

For reverse, I used a 5lb plate for warmup, then two 5lb plates, although even that seems like too much for my left wrist.

Left hand felt even better at this, first thing ever that the left feels stronger at, wow.

i also have this sometimes.

5 reasons

1. ur right hand is tired from other training or other stuff

2. ur right hand is damn slippy

3. ur right hand is using shitty technique

4. u need to squeeze harder

and finally

5. ur right hand is weaker in that movement :P

tukkergrip: Hehe, for whatever reason, yeah, we'll see how it goes next time! :)

What a workout! Since on day 1 of this week I didn't do any back work (felt too tired), you can see I threw in some pulldown on day 2, and because of time issues, I didn't do calves that day. So today, day 3 (and last) of the week, I included some rows, and the calves, which makes for a LONG workout! But I felt energetic the whole time!!

Dips:

BW minus 50lbs x10

BW x10 x3 sets

BW x9 - argh!! Went for the 10th, got halfway up. Nice. I wanna do sets of 15 before I add weight.

Deadlifts:

Did 5x5 with these weights: 135, 155, 205, 205, 205. I need to ask someone to view me from the side and tell me if I'm doing them correctly, but I think they're pretty good. Wont up the weight until someone verifies this.

Calves on donkey calves machine:

Did 5x5 on these weights: 220, 280, 320, 340, 340, and about 7 reps on that last set, so I could do better, maybe I wasn't trying hard enough.

EZ bicep curls:

50lbs x5

60lbs x5

80lbs x5 x2 sets

80lbs x6 - attempted a 7th, no go.

Went mad and decided to do yet another working set, and:

80lbs x6 - I'd say the form was between decent and good. I will try to up the reps here in order to work up to the 90lbs, because there is no 85 in between, the 2.5lb plates all have a 1" hole and wont fit. Next time I will try to go for 7 reps on 3 working sets with 80lbs.

Hammer curls:

5x5 with these dumbells: 20, 30, 40, 40, 40. I missed the 5th rep left handed of the 3rd and 5th set. Several minutes later I went nuts and went for another set, and got all 5 reps with 40lbs, maybe with a little bit of a swing.

Dumbell rows: (I wanted to go home after the HC's, but decided I was feeling strong enough).

5x5 with these dumbells: 50, 60, 80, 80, 80. Left hand struggles keeping that one from falling after a couple of reps, heh.

Got home and did some TTK:

12.5lb x5

17.5lb x5

25lb x3+1+1 (had to re-grip twice).

25lb x2-3 .. felt too hard. So I replaced one of the 2.5lb discs with my PDA choker, which must weight a bit, lets say half a pound.. ??

23lb x5 - as I got all reps, I decided to up to 25 again.

25lb x3 - darn, gotta work towards this. We'll see next week.

IM Yellow bands: 3x20.

Then ate some delicious chicken and salad my wife prepared, yummie!!

Oh, and by the way, after the warmup (10 mins on stair-master), I weighted myself, with my tennis shoes on: 176lb exact. That is GOOD, considering on Oct. 21th when I came from a 5-day trip to the USA I weighted 183! That was exactly 3 weeks ago. Not a bad rythm! .. I will try to eat 'good' everyday untill next saturday and see how much I weight then.

WHAT A DAY !! Wow, it's been soooo long!! Yikes.

Yesterday (sunday) I went to the beach with my wife, the beautiful dominican beaches, and even though I brought two salads with me (heh), I ended up eating several fried stuff, several sweet stuff full of sugar, etc... at around 7pm I got together with friends, had several beers. Then I ate a huge pork sandwich at night, then a hot dog. Yeah, sunday is my day "off" from good-eating, but I might have crossed the line, I even had some chocolat. But I'll be strict until next saturday and see if I lost at least 1 pound since last saturday.

Anyways, TODAY! (which will be long, I wont be surprised if noone reads!)

It was only cardio day at noon, and I jumped the rope a total of 4,155 times in about 1 hour (that is about 34.6 minutes of actual work, according to my calculations). Today I could do sets of 1000 jumps, even if I had to stop very briefly a few times (not even for half a minute). So I'm doing good. 4000 is the target really, did some more just for fun, but it was TIRING.

While at work, a friend asked me to play tennis... I wanted to, since, I had not played in a long while. I told him OK, but that I had to do something after work, and I got out of work at 6pm. So I got off work and quickly walked home (decided to go walking today), and the "stuff" I had to do was GRIPPERS, from a 5-day rest period! I knew I had little time, so I went for attempts only!

LH:

BBA x5

BBSA x1 - with authority! PR!

BBSA x1 - closed and held!

BBSA x (don't remember, might have been a 0.5mm miss!!!)

Filed #1 x0 - And was not THAT close, so I finally found out: my filed #1 is harder than my BBSA, because I filed it a lot, like 3/16"-1/4" off maybe. Left hand gets tired quicker, too.

BBSA x0 - missed by 1mm max, then did negatives (open/close/open/close) for about 8 seconds.

RH:

BBA x5

#2 x0 - got closer than ever, I will say 3/16" for the time being. PR! Then did a negative.

#2 x0 - same as above!!

#2 x0 - not close, did negative.

#2 x0 - not close!! Darn! Did negative.

#2 x0 - more serious, this last attempt, it was better than the previous two, and I swear I could hold it at about 1/8" opening from the negative.

IM Yellow bands, several sets of 20 reps in between.

My friend arrives, time to go... I quickly wash my face, change my t-shirt, and go!

We arrive there, but all the courts are full, but we see a ping pong table and start playing. We both brought our wives with us! (very unusual!). He wins the first 2 ping pong matches because I had not played in months, but I finally caught up and won the following 4 and very convincingly. I'm a very good ping pong player, seriously, I was once at national level in juniors, and never took it even slightly seriously. Only sport I've ever felt I'm naturally good at. Tennis court avaibale, we go play!

Now, this guy has a history of being a pain in the arse. Everytime we play 2 sets, and each one wins one, he just REFUSES to leave, even if I'm dead tired, and forces me to play more. Sometimes I just play and lose the 3rd set badly just to make him happy. But recently I told him I wont do that anymore, screw it, if I wanna leave, I'll leave (I got mad last time he wanted me to keep playing, seriously!).

He takes the first set 6-4. I was very uncomfortable, forgot to bring a towel and extra t-shirt, I sweat insanely a lot, and I was all sweaty by the 2nd of the 6 ping pong games.. imagine by now.

2nd set starts, I go up 2-0. Now, the third game lasted at least 15 minutes, I think we both agreed it was the longest game in each other's life, WOW... amazing; he took it, 2-1. He then goes up 5-4 and while we take a mini break for water (we only take 1 minute breaks), his wife asks "how much longer?", he says "last game now, honey".. that disturbed the heck outta me, so I WON that game and tied 5-5. I won the following for a 6-5 lead, and I won the next too for a 7-5 win.

And I told him "I told you I would leave after 2 sets, even if it's 1-1" ... even his wife tells him "honey, it's a friendly game, wtf?", but the guys keep complaining how I can't finish stuff, etc, etc... I say "dude, for me, it's a tie, lets go".. he says "there are no ties in tennis! not in tourneys! blah blah".. and I keep replying, "dude, I play for fun, not for money, lets go" .. and he insists: "lets play best of 3 games to decide it!", and I'm just like: "I'm leaving". Even his wife says "honey, just decide by the ping pong games", at which point I laughed, because after losing the first two games around 21-19, I crushed him the following 4 games to the point where he had a single digit score in some of them.

Anyways, I got home at 9:20pm, and had been excercising since 6:15pm (grippers, ping pong, tennis). And all the rope jumping at noon... I can only say, WHAT A DAY. I'm dead tired. I need to sleep, right NOW.

LH:

RH:

#2 x0 - got closer than ever, I will say 3/16" for the time being. PR! Then did a negative.

:rock Nice work! :rock

Heh, thanks for the kind words Stalwart, Martin and Teemu!! I'll eventually catch you guys! =P But don't worry about me.... yet! :tongue

While at work, a friend asked me to play tennis... I wanted to, since, I had not played in a long while. I told him OK, but that I had to do something after work, and I got out of work at 6pm. So I got off work and quickly walked home (decided to go walking today), and the "stuff" I had to do was GRIPPERS, from a 5-day rest period! I knew I had little time, so I went for attempts only!

LH:

BBA x5

BBSA x1 - closed and held!

BBSA x (don't remember, might have been a 0.5mm miss!!!)

Filed #1 x0 - And was not THAT close, so I finally found out: my filed #1 is harder than my BBSA, because I filed it a lot, like 3/16"-1/4" off maybe. Left hand gets tired quicker, too.

BBSA x0 - missed by 1mm max, then did negatives (open/close/open/close) for about 8 seconds.

RH:

BBA x5

#2 x0 - same as above!!

#2 x0 - not close, did negative.

#2 x0 - not close!! Darn! Did negative.

#2 x0 - more serious, this last attempt, it was better than the previous two, and I swear I could hold it at about 1/8" opening from the negative.

I think you did well, because for this time you were actually fresh to attack those grippers. 5 days of rest plus the fact that you didn't waste time on warming up = kick ass performance on the grippers! :)

Personally, I warmup for the grippers doing only 1-2 explosive TNS singles on #2. After that I'm ready.

I think I am definitely not one of the guys that can train grippers day after day. I will try to stick to 2x/week.

I just placed an order for a BBSM, BBGM and BBE. I did this not because I think I'm even close to any of those, but I feel it's just a matter of a few more workouts until I can hold my #2 shut (assisted on the close), and then I wont have anything to do negatives with my RH. And since I'm already paying shipment and eventually I would get them anywyas, I might as well get all three of those.

My left hand's path seems very fine for the time being, as I have a gripper I just barely shut, a gripper I can't shut (filed #1), and after I'm repping any of those I will have the #2/BBM. But as I said, once I can hold the#2 shut I wont have stuff to do negatives on, and I've grown to like negatives (or forced closes or whatever you wanna call them).

I think I am definitely not one of the guys that can train grippers day after day. I will try to stick to 2x/week.

I think that is a good plan.

I just placed an order for a BBSM, BBGM and BBE. I did this not because I think I'm even close to any of those, but I feel it's just a matter of a few more workouts until I can hold my #2 shut (assisted on the close), and then I wont have anything to do negatives with my RH. And since I'm already paying shipment and eventually I would get them anywyas, I might as well get all three of those.

You will need all of them for sure as time goes by. Actually, that #2 is already too light for you to do negatives.

My left hand's path seems very fine for the time being, as I have a gripper I just barely shut, a gripper I can't shut (filed #1), and after I'm repping any of those I will have the #2/BBM. But as I said, once I can hold the#2 shut I wont have stuff to do negatives on, and I've grown to like negatives (or forced closes or whatever you wanna call them)

Negatives and forced closes are different, actually. Atleast I think so. As far I've understood, forced close is what you do with a gripper you can't quite close unassisted, but can hold closed for a while if you do so. Negatives the way I see it are best to be done with the gripper you can't hold closed, but can resist it's opening for a few seconds starting from almost closed position to whatever position you wish. So it's easier gripper for forced closes and somewhat harder for your negatives.

Edited by Teemu I

Weak day. I was feeling a bit tired, maybe because yesterday I did so much stuff.

Dumbell press:

1x5 @ 40lbs

1x5 @ 50lbs

1x5 @ 70lbs - tough! But good reps I think!

1x4 @ 70lbs - couldn't get a fifth, but I think I was lowering them enough! (noticeable more than 90 degrees).

But I felt that was too much and went to the barbell, and loaded it up, and....

1x2 @ 155lbs - strict reps, no bounce off chest, but just 2 reps? At that weight? Bah.... I like the dumbells better, I just wish they had the 60 and 65 pounders. Damnit!

Chinups - underhand grip, about 16 inches between the hands.

5x5 @ BW - the last reps of the last two sets were hard. Is it cheating if one moves the feet/knees in order to get up? .. at least i do them full ROM, extending arms completely and then getting my chin above the bar. I was happy to get all 5 sets.

Dips @ BW - 8,10,8,10,8. Don't think those 8's were intentional, I was aiming for 10 in each set. Considering my triceps were a bit tired from the chest work, I guess this is not THAT bad.

Dumbell rows, bent on a bench.

5x5 with: 50, 60, 80, 80, 80 - I don't know how good my form is on this, but at least it felt easier than last time. Maybe I should do barbell bent rows, those are harder to cheat at, right?

All in all, the back work was not that bad, but the chest work sucks. That barbell bench was 20lbs under my BW and I could only do 2 reps, that stinks. I know I had done sets with the dumbells before, but still, no excuse. For some reason I like pressing dumbells much more, seriously. I would like to throw another session of the flat dumbell press some other time this week, as today I only did a total of 11 working reps instead of 15.

10 mins @ 6.3mph on treadmill.

Dumbell standing military press:

5x5 @ : 20, 30, 45, 45, 45. PR! The 45's felt really heavy, but not as heavy as last week, when I had to use the 40's instead. Even though I got all reps, I don't feel confident enough to up the weight, that last set was tough. I will try next week's workout with this weight again. I was lowering them completely, which is good!

Can this excercise be dangerous in any way? Sometimes I notice I stick my chest a bit forward, so my back is a bit rounded, not much, just a bit, I think... but it's pretty much inevitable!!

I was gonna do dips, but got like 6-7 and noticed I was weak on them, so I quit on that.

I went to hang from a bar to stretch my back a bit, and noticed it felt very easy to hang on the bar. My palms were facing forward, and the hands were very far from each other... I tried to do a pullup, and surprise! Got it!! PR! .. Then rested 2 mins, and tried to go for 2 pullups, and almost got that second one!! PR! .. heh, these are definitely harder than palms inward with closer grip.. I guess I will continue to do them like that because I can do more, and I'll try and create some more strength so next time I try palms-forward I will be able to do a few reps at least.

Preacher curl: (goal is to make 3x10 and once that's done, up the weight; not for strength this one!)

50lbs x10

70lbs x10

70lbs x8 - Darn! Last week I got 10 in second set... felt tough today! Maybe the 3 pullups tired me? :P

70lbs x8.5 - I went for a 9th, and got halfway up, and stayed there battling for about 3 seconds, I was pushing so hard, that I even pushed with my feet against the floor and the preacher bench move forward! So I called it quits on that one, but I made such a big effort that I have to at least count it as half a rep :tongue

Squats!

6x5 @ these weights:

45, 95, 125, 165, 165, 165! PR! - First time I ever try 165. It was unbelievably hard, at least that last set, the form might have not been very good, and my knees wanted to go inwards! Those bastard knees, heh. But I was going all the way down so it's kinda good. I will definitely repeat this weight in next session, need to dominate it before putting on more weight.

I was gonna do calves but ran out of time today, will do them saturday.

I think I will train my hands after work today, I just couldn't wait to write this first.

After work:

Grippers.

LH:

BBA x5

Filed #1 x0 - got close.

Filed #1 x0 - got close.

BBSA x1 - almost repped this one! But missed the rep by 1-2mm at most.

Filed #1 x0 - getting weaker.

Filed #1 x0 - weaker still, but I do the negative.

BBSA x0 - left hand gets tired afer maybe 2-3 max attempts, so it was no surprise as this was a 6th attempt.

RH:

BBA x5

#2 x0 x6 attempts - first two were most definitely under 1/4". The others were about 1/4". On all of them I assisted with my left hand to shut it completely and hold where I could. On the first two, I could hold it at 2mm max from closed, that's closer than ever. On the rest, I'd say a liiiittle bit more, but not much, maybe 3mm. I should be able to hold this sucker shut by now if I could get those first two attempts below 1/4". Oh well, it's still some progress, I'm working on it. It feels easier by now, even the opening, I let it open quite slowly.

Pinching four 5lb plates with loading pin through them, not counting weight of loading pin:

20lbs x 5 secs.

35lbs x 5 secs - felt really easy.

51.5lbs x1-2 secs RH, x0 LH, so I dropped the weight.

46.5lbs x5 secs x3 sets. Very hard to keep it on the air for that long. That was using a 6kg plate on each side (26.5lbs) plus the plates I pinch.

IM Yellow bands - several sets of 20, last set of 25. I gotta stop being lazy and get back with the Blue ones again. They're just so hard... heh.

That's it. It took a bit long, about 1 hour or a bit more, but I was resting a lot between those gripper attempts I think, hehe. I thought today would suck for grippers as I felt kinda sleepy most afternoon, but I did good, specially RH, those first attempts were nice. In my next session, I think the first thing I will try to do is REP the darned BBSA leftie, wanna get 2 reps at least even if I have to max out totally on the first working attempt. Blah, I pretty much max out on all of them =P ... once I can rep the BBSA leftie I'll change my strategy a bit and try to rep that one a few times. And once I can close the #2 I will also try and rep that or my BBM, because I haven't trained with reps for a while, I don't wanna be good for only attempts, at least a few reps. But until then, attempts all the way! That's why I'm doing grippers 2x a week now. Next gripper session should be monday, ouch, that's far away.

Cardio day today, I never really post my cardio, but today was a weird day. I was rope jumping, and my thigs got fatigued VERY quickly, maybe because I did squats yesterday. I kept going, stopping every couple hundred jumps maybe. I'm aiming for 4,000 jumps with 3 "big" breaks (of maybe 2 mins), so that'd be 1000 straight jumps, but I have never done that, I actually take mini-breaks in the process... anyways, when I had like 3,700 I started jumping and got about 650 continuous jumps which is a PR and my best consecutive streak of the day, weird thing, as it was at the last part of the training! I saw the counter and decided to go for 4,600 jumps which is 1000 more than my regular 3,600, which I've calculated to be 30 minutes. But heck, after that I kept going for 4,800, which would be 40 minutes at 2 jumps/second. Man, it was exhausting!

2 nights ago I went to the movies, ate a huge pop-corn, then a MegaMac burguer with fries. :-( ... damn!

And last night I had a "Spinner" from Yogen-Fruz, and then some thing from mcDonalds which is a sundae with an apple pie on it.

I know, I know... you don't have to tell me about it, I know how this works, I'm the one who has lost over 70lbs since february, remember? :P .. but sometimes one just needs to eat this kind of things. I usually save myself for sundays, I try to eat properlo from mon-sat and on sunday I eat bad food and even some drinks or whatever... I'll weight myself tomorrow and see how it varied from last saturday's 176. Hopefully it wont be higher, I'll be glad if it's the same, as I have not eating entirely properly....

15 min stair master.

Weighed myself - 175lbs. I guess all the rope jumping is effective, as since last saturday, when I was 1 lb heavier, I have eatn McDonalds, ice cream, apple pie, last night I drank some rum and ate 3 sandwiches at 3:30am.... I know, it has been a VERY bad week food-wise. Still better than the avg. person, as most of my meals are very healthy. Anyways, this week was an exception, next week I will eat better and I expect to see at least two pounds less next saturday. How's that for a short term goal!

Incline Bench: Had not done this in a while, I'm gonna do this instead of Dips on this Day 3 of the week, as I feel I have a very weak pressing ability.

6x5 @: 65, 95, 115, 135, 135, 135. Should've skipped the 115 but I wanted to see how it felt before attempting more since I had no spotter. This bench has it's angle already set and you can't change it. I think if I would've used those benches that you set yourself, I would use a bigger angle, because I think this one was not even 45 degress, although I am not sure of this, didn't really take a look.

EZ bar curls:

50lbs x5

60lbs x5

80lbs x6 x3 sets - Very little swing, if any. I will continue with this weight until I can manage at least 8 good-form reps before upping to 90lbs. I hope to be training with the 90lbs before this year ends!

Deadlifts:

5x5 @: 100, 135, 205, 205, 205. I wanna get those 205 in perfect form before I up to 225. Maybe next week I will repeat 205 and do sets of 6 reps or so, not sure.

Hammer Curls:

5x5 @: 25, 35, attempted 45 but no-no, 40, 40, 40. I've been stuck at 40lbs for a while now, but they are feeling a bit easier. I should've went for 6 reps on this today, my bad. On the last rep of the 3 working sets, I did the negative part of the left hand pretty slowly, as it's still a bit weaker than my right. But I could lower it slowly which is good, as it was the last rep. I shoudn't be too far on the 45's, I might use the 40's for more reps next workout, seems like a good plan.

Calves on the Donkey Calves machine.

Got home and did some TTK:

15lbs x5

20lbs x5

25lbs x4+1

23lbs x I don't even know, it was hard at this point and my right thumb's skin kinda huted.

23lbs again for some reps/singles whatever.

Pegasus extension:

5x5 @: 7.5, 10, 12.5, 12.5, 12.5, felt harder than last time! Maybe I was getting tired.

IM Yellow bands.

Today was cardio day, and instead of rope jumping I went to the gym, because I wanted to run. Yeah, inspired by a friend of mine who ran a 10km marathon in around 56 minutes... so I went there and ran. I slowed down every 10 minutes and walked some (2.5-3.5 mins), then ran again; I was running at 6.3mph (6.3 miles is 10.08 km), and without counting the walking minutes, I ran: 10+10+10+7+7+7 = 51 mins, but the total time on the machine was about 65 mins. Man, I am FAR from running 10km at any speed.

After work, it was grip day!

Left hand:

BBA x5

Filed #1 x0 - 1mm.

Filed #1 x0 - 1-2mm.

Filed #1 x0 - 2mm.

BBSA x3 - PR! it felt ridiculously easy so I had to rep it. Tried for a 4th but not sure I got it.

BBSA x0-1 - not sure I got this one now, hand was tired from making big efforts all the time.

BBA x5

I think soon I will start doing negatives on the #2 with this hand.

Right hand:

BBA x5

BBSM x0 - new gripper! I'm not sure where I got it, but I forced shut and held at about 3/16".

BBSM x0 - same as above.

BBSM x0 x 3 sets - held at about 1/4" these times. And did at least 1-2 BFN on all.

BBA x5

WOW! I was amazed at my BBSM attempts. I think if I had tried to close the #2 today.... I would've gotten damn close at least. Hard work pays off darnit!! Either that, or my BBSM is really easy. I did not even want to try the #2 today, so I did not. Next time I touch that thing, I wanna SLAM IT SHUT. I might do thursday's workout without the #2 again, and next monday attempt it... I feel I'm close!

Both hands are improving so I'm happy!!

Wrist curls:

5x5 @ 26.5, 36.5 - then the work sets were: LH: 46.5, RH: 51.5 lbs.

Sledge twists with my 6lber (180 degrees), did 5x5, the 3 working sets I was grabbing it from almost halfway. About 1.5 inches above that with my left hand.

IM Yellow bands x20 a few times, and IM Blue bands x5 at least twice.

I'm excited. I got a BBSM, BBGM and BBE. I haven't tried my BBM in weeks, but I must be very close to it if I got this close on the BBSM... I'm excited! :tongue

Today was cardio day, and instead of rope jumping I went to the gym, because I wanted to run. Yeah, inspired by a friend of mine who ran a 10km marathon in around 56 minutes... so I went there and ran. I slowed down every 10 minutes and walked some (2.5-3.5 mins), then ran again; I was running at 6.3mph (6.3 miles is 10.08 km), and without counting the walking minutes, I ran: 10+10+10+7+7+7 = 51 mins, but the total time on the machine was about 65 mins. Man, I am FAR from running 10km at any speed.

After work, it was grip day!

Left hand:

BBA x5

Filed #1 x0 - 1mm.

Filed #1 x0 - 1-2mm.

Filed #1 x0 - 2mm.

BBSA x3 - PR! it felt ridiculously easy so I had to rep it. Tried for a 4th but not sure I got it.

BBSA x0-1 - not sure I got this one now, hand was tired from making big efforts all the time.

BBA x5

I think soon I will start doing negatives on the #2 with this hand.

Right hand:

BBA x5

BBSM x0 - new gripper! I'm not sure where I got it, but I forced shut and held at about 3/16".

BBSM x0 - same as above.

BBSM x0 x 3 sets - held at about 1/4" these times. And did at least 1-2 BFN on all.

BBA x5

WOW! I was amazed at my BBSM attempts. I think if I had tried to close the #2 today.... I would've gotten damn close at least. Hard work pays off darnit!! Either that, or my BBSM is really easy. I did not even want to try the #2 today, so I did not. Next time I touch that thing, I wanna SLAM IT SHUT. I might do thursday's workout without the #2 again, and next monday attempt it... I feel I'm close!

Both hands are improving so I'm happy!!

Wrist curls:

5x5 @ 26.5, 36.5 - then the work sets were: LH: 46.5, RH: 51.5 lbs.

Sledge twists with my 6lber (180 degrees), did 5x5, the 3 working sets I was grabbing it from almost halfway. About 1.5 inches above that with my left hand.

IM Yellow bands x20 a few times, and IM Blue bands x5 at least twice.

I'm excited. I got a BBSM, BBGM and BBE. I haven't tried my BBM in weeks, but I must be very close to it if I got this close on the BBSM... I'm excited! :tongue

:rock Time and hard work pay off. After you are closing the #3 and repping the #2, you'll have to change the name of this thread! :cool

:rock Time and hard work pay off. After you are closing the #3 and repping the #2, you'll have to change the name of this thread! :cool

Damn! I was actually planning on changing it's name a bit sooner than that. Closing a #3 might take a while!!

jad: thanks for the comment!!

Damn! I was actually planning on changing it's name a bit sooner than that. Closing a #3 might take a while!!

Don't change it's name, even if you end up closing #4, that's way cooler.. :cool

Great work, by the way. Hard work and refining your workouts are starting to pay off.

Edited by Teemu I