Are Weak Men Allowed To Post Routines!?

lifesnotfair

I definitely will try them.

BTW, have you closed the 2 yet? Your numbers on the 1.5 would suggest that you were pretty close. If you haven't closed it, have you tried setting it very deep (less than parallel) and trying to close it? I think that would help, because it helped me.

I am very pissed off at my #2. I wanted to close it in 2006, and on the last 3 days of December I tried VERY HARD to close it, best attempt being 1/16" or so. Then, for some reason, during January I was weak! I was getting it to 1/8th or so. I was training with just max efforts back then.

Recently I decided to take the rep route. Although I can close my BBSA left handed, I'm doing reps on the BBA. Once I can do sets of 40 I will try the BBSA and see if I can rep it. (PR on that gripper leftie is about 3-4 reps, on a good day). And I wanna get consecutive sets of at least 10+ reps on my #1.5 before trying the #2. Although I'm currently thinking that the clicks is what will help me more with the #2, because from parallel to 1/8" felt not-too-hard last few times, I actually held it at that possition for many seconds, I just need that last little bit of strength.

But I don't wanna fail on the #2 anymore. I have not touched it in a couple of weeks or so (don't remember, but should be here on the log). Next time I try the #2, I want to DESTROY IT... not barely close it, I wanna MASH IT. So I'll continue to work with the #1.5 and increase the number of parallel reps and clicks.. Once I'm getting either 50 clicks or consistent sets of over 10 parallel reps (whichever comes first!), I'm gonna give it a go. It sure has taken much longer than expected.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lifesnotfair

• Scott Styles

• superfeemiman

• Teemu I

Oh, and almost forgot:

I have PDA choker, but the gripper isn't choked to parallel on it.

I've thought of trying the "Teemu method".. if you read his old log, what he did was hoseclamp the gripper at, say, 10mm, and work on it. Once he could close it.. he opened the clamp a bit more.. and then more.. and then more... when he opened it to about 30mm (1-1/4" or so for americans), he said he could MMS the gripper. I might give this technique a shot someday! :)

I know the feeling, 1/8'' is very close!

Oh, and almost forgot:

I have PDA choker, but the gripper isn't choked to parallel on it.

I've thought of trying the "Teemu method".. if you read his old log, what he did was hoseclamp the gripper at, say, 10mm, and work on it. Once he could close it.. he opened the clamp a bit more.. and then more.. and then more... when he opened it to about 30mm (1-1/4" or so for americans), he said he could MMS the gripper. I might give this technique a shot someday! :)

Yeah, that sounds like a great method! I'm actually thinking about doing something like that, except without the choker (because I don't have one). I did not know he did that, Good to know it worked for him. That's what I plan to do with my 2, to "master it".

It was gripping day, but to get a general warmup I did 3 mins of rope jump, and bender's 4-minute squat routine (8 sets of 20 secs of squats/10 secs rest). Killer 4 minutes!!

Grippers: went for clicks today. I was barely letting the gripper open, less than a hair!! Hence the high numbers...

LH:

BBA x 130

BBSA x20

BBSA x1 - yeah... lost it on the previous set!

BBA x90 or so.

BBA x something.

BBA x100 or so.

RH:

#1.5 x60 or so.

#1.5 x50 or so.

#1.5 x35 or so.

#1.5 x30 or so (this set and the previous ones, the gripper slid back a little).

#1.5 x40, wife made me laugh!

#1.5 x50 - nice finish.

Pegasus extension:

1x10 @ 7.5lbs

1x10 @ 10lbs - hard!

3x6 @ 12.5lbs - a bit cheated on the last reps :)

Plate pinching: using four 5lb plates with a loading pin between them and added weight.

20lbs x10 secs BH

30lbs x10 secs BH

40lbs x10 secs BH

45lbs x10+ secs BH x3 sets - PR! ... pinch felt good today! I had a watch this time to be exact.

IM Yellow bands x30.

10 mins eliptical @ levels 16 and 17. This felt a bit hard because my quads are KILLING me today. I don't understand why. I mean, I know why, it's because of yesterday's 4 minute squats routine. I just don't understand why at this point, whenever I do that routine, it hurts so much the next following days. I mean, I do weighted squats, I know with not much weight, but working sets have been 175lbs on lately.... and these 4 minutes (20secs of squats, 10 secs of rest) are with NOTHING on me. Damn... makes me think I should drop the weight and work on bodyweight stuff!

Shoulder stuff:

Tilted lateral raises: 1x12 @ 15lbs, 1x12 @ 20lbs - tough to finish, this second set.

Straight-arm pull-ups: 1x12 @ BW + 40lbs, 1x12 @ BW + 50lbs (had to grip at 8 or so).

Straight-arm dips: 1x12 @ BW + 40lbs, 1x12 @ BW + 50lbs, didn't feel too comfortable today.

Tilted shrugs: 1x12 @ 75lbs, 1x16 @ 75lbs (wanted to up the weight, but I have a hard time holding onto the 90lb dumbell left handed).

Rotator cuff excercise: 1x20 @ 10lbs, 1x15 @ 15lbs.

Seated partial press: 1x10 @ 40lbs, 1x8 @ 45lbs, 1x5 @ 50lbs ... I gotta use these 50's!!

This thing takes TOO LONG... I'm actually desperately wanting this to be over. This is the 6th week, and it's only 8... I'll see if I can put up with it. After that, I'm seriously going to organize my workouts again. Time is an issue, I don't want to be in the gym for almost 2 hours. I'm gonna man up and do the compounds mostly.

Deadlifts:

1x8 @ 115lbs

1x6 @ 165lbs

3x6 @ 215lbs - third set was tough, as left hand's grip was giving in. I rested like 10 seconds before the 6th rep.

Tricep pushdown, V-handle:

1x8 @ 50lbs

1x6 @ 65lbs

2x6 @ 80lbs

1x8 @ 80lbs - felt strong, so decided to do one more working set.

1x5 @ 85lbs - yeah! Don't know if I cheated a bit (leaning forward, over the weight...) but felt nice to up the weight.

I did several sets of Donkey Calves.

I was doing Hammer Curls, and I think I know why they cause pain in my left wrist. I think my left wrist is very weak, and I can't keep my wrist totally straight throughout the movement... like, the weight moves it backwards a bit. In other words, it's like I have no strength for the "front lever" movement. I remember reading Mat Helmer saying that front levers helped his hammer curling, and I think I can understand why. Yesterday I saw world champion armwrestler Bob Brown recommending someone to do what he called "hammer wrist curl", which is a front lever. I think I have enough reasons to try the darned front lever by now. I will lay off the hammer curls for a couple of weeks (maybe until I'm done with this darned shoulder cycle!), and then see how they feel. I'm gonna start doing front levers tomorrow.

Wrist curls:

1x10 @ 35lbs BH

1x10 @ 45lbs BH

LH: 3x5 @ 50lbs

RH: 3x7 @ 55lbs - last set was 8, I think.. felt tough today.

I received Scott George's Mouse Pinch apparatus! Shipping was very fast, and the thing is lovely, it even smells nice! I rubbed some alcohol first to clean any substance, and applied some chalk. It holds chalk nicely!! I was doing the following:

40lbs x a few reps, very easy.

60lbs x 1.

80lbs x 1, keep in mind I have never done 2HP before... I wanted to get 100lbs.

87.5lbs x1

95lbs x1

102.5lbs x0 - DAMN! I so wanted 100lbs.. I got air with this, but like 1-2" off the floor. I took 2.5lbs off.

100lbs x1 - YES! It was VERY hard, I was grunting, but I got it to lockout!! Then I decided to train for reps.

80lbs x5

85lbs x5

85lbs x9 - tried for a 10th, but couldn't!

I did a lot because it's my new toy, and I love it. I don't know how wide it is, but it's smaller than my #1.5's spread by about 1/4". So it must be close to 2.5" wide.

Grippers:

Today sucked.

LH: parallel reps with the BBA ... top set was 25 or so. Pinky was hurting in the first of two creases. The knurling on these is tough. I wish I had a non-filed #1. Screw it, I'm gonna order a #1 and another #2 so I can file one. :P

I tried my Filed #1, was way off, would've been closed if not filed, but I've been much closer. I wonder if I need to oil my grippers again, I haven't in a couple of months or so.

RH:

Filed #1 x12, very hard gripper to fully close, I'm sure I could get over 20 reps were it not filed. Long hold after it.

parallel reps with the #1.5, did two sets of 8 first.

Then, I did a set in which I was opening the gripper just to the point that if I opened it more, my thumb would need relocation, so I stopped there. I would guess it was opening to around 3/8" of an inch, and I got 14 reps this way.

Filed #1 x12 again, and a long hold.

Then a set of 9 parallel reps (some reps might have been smaller than parallel though, I can't resist keeping the thumb there, hooked!).

I've noticed the thumb is very important on these closes. I should start training thumbless closes, I'm sure I'll get much less reps this way, but when applying the thumb I'd notice a huge difference. Again managed not to touch the #2.

Front levers (6lb sledge): some sets at around 10" away from the weight RH, and 9" LH, doing 5-8 reps.

Rear levers (6lb sledge): some sets at around 18" away from the weight RH, and 16" LH, doing 5-8 reps.

Im Green bands x50.

Brought the yellow ones to work, didn't have time to keep doing. I had energy to keep doing stuff, but didn't have time. I guess I did enough though, although I did no wrist extension. I just don't know how to work wrist extension pain-free, as I have this darned problem of not being able to pronate my left wrist completely.

I ordered two more things that will hopefully help me, from Ironmind.

1. A #1 gripper. Really, I need something I can rep left handed. Progress with this hand is SLOW, and the BBSA is a max effort to close, although in ocations I've repped it, but that is a huge effort... and my #1 with 1/4" filed is too hard to close completely. I need a non-filed #1 anyways, so!

2. A Rolling Thunder, it doesn't seem that expensive, as to try and make a homemade one, no way. I better get the original thing. I keep hearing that using thickbars help the handstrength so much, well, I might as well include some rolling thunder pulls every now and then. Between the Mouse Pinch and the RT I think I'll train the thumbs enough. Bye-bye TTK, I just don't like it.

Ate insanely yesterday, ARGH... valentine's day! :whacked

10 mins eliptical, levels 16 and 17.

I decided to try something new today!

Lunges:

Sets using 20lb dumbells, 30lbs, 40lbs and started getting hard.

1x5 @ 45lbs, pretty tough!!

2x5 @ 50lbs, very tough, hard to keep balance, and BOY does this work the lower arm!! Holding those dumbells for that period of time was incredibly hard!!

I do these by stepping forward, wait for about 1 full second, and get back to where I was; repeat with other leg, etc.

I gotta say I felt my BUTT incredibly tired!!! Wow!! .. this seems to work quite a few muscle groups, I'm gonna do them from now on!!

Dumbell rows:

Sets of 6 reps @ 50lbs, 60lbs, 80lbs, 80lbs, 80lbs.

Seated Cable rows, parallel grip about 20" appart:

3x6 @ 130lbs

1x5 @ 140lbs

Squats: - I knew I'd suck, since I felt my bum aching from those lunges!! And they probably took a toll on my quads as well, I guess.

1x10 @ 45lbs

1x6 @ 95lbs

3x6 @ 165lbs - tough! Felt super heavy...

Dumbell flies: - I actually kinda supersetted this with the dumbell rows, I think.

1x8 @ 20lbs

1x8 @ 30lbs

3x6 @ 35lbs

Preacher curls:

1x5 @ 60lbs

3x5 @ 80lbs - PR! .. and after all the rowing, I thought I'd suck at these. I had to grunt big time to pull off some of these reps. They were good reps, extending my arms completely.

Donkey Calves: About 5 sets of 10 and 8 reps.

Wrist curls:

1x10 @ 35lbs BH

1x10 @ 45lbs BH

3x5 @ 55lbs RH // 3x5 @ 50lbs LH

Another long day. I tried to rest a bit less so I'd get out quick, but I did too many excercises. Good day though, I guess.

Pegasus extension:

1x8 @ 10lbs

3x6 @ 12.5lbs

Grippers:

LH: attempts with Filed #1, got the first one I think, all the rest (maybe 4 or so) would've been closed if the gripper weren't so filed. I tried to straphold 5lbs, but could not. Once I get my regular #1 I recently ordered, I might do SH's with it, or reps.. at least now I know how to NOT file a gripper.

RH: first tried a set of thumbless clicks on the #1.5, think I got 20, then used the thumb and reached 30 or so, but was very tired by then, so held it for a few seconds. Then two negatives on the #2.5 which felt awful, it opened to 1/4" or 5/16".. felt like a brick. After I decided to try the #2, bad idea, 1/8", that STINKS. Then I tried to straphold 7.5lbs with the #1.5 and felt very easy. So I did 12.5lbs, and then 15lbs and held for a few secs. I think I'll do some strapholds with my #1.5 and see if this helps...

Mouse pinch:

Worked up to 106lbs I believe, which I held for at least 5 seconds, so this improves my PR from 2 days ago! Great. I like holding it for time much better than doing reps, as the reps make the skin under my thumb's crease hurt a bit, but not the holds. And Horne suggest to hold it in his newbie's routine.

I did some front levers with my 6lb sledge, but nothing serious. Some IM Yellow bands, also not very serious.. I was distracted at this point, talking to my brother. He could only close the Filed T for 1 rep once I taught him how to set it, and he got 73lbs on the Mouse Pinch about 1" off the ground with a huge effort. He has lifted some weights in his life, but not much... he's 10 years older than me (which makes him 33), so I assume my training is paying off, because he can't be that weak!

Right now, the mouse pinch has become my favourite gripping tool, even more than grippers. Like I said, I remember gaining a lot from strapholds a few months ago, and then I completely stopped on them. I didn't have the #1.5 back then, I'll use it for SH's now, and I think I will file it just a bit, to make it somewhat harder.

Woke up and went directly to the gym today.

10 mins eliptical @ levels 16 and 17.

Weighed myself: 187lbs... Damn! .. I've been eating a lot lately, including milkshakes with fruits and that kind of stuff... Gonna try to get back to normal eating (been saying this for weeks now!).

Shoulder stuff: I can't wait to stop doing this stuff! 2 more weeks....

Tilted lateral raises: 1x12 @ 15lbs, 1x12 @ 20lbs

Straight-arm dips: 1x12 @ BW+35lbs, 1x12 @ BW+50lbs

Straight-arm pull-ups: 1x12 @ BW + 35lbs, 1x12 @ BW+45lbs (had to regrip at 7).

Tilted shrugs: 1x12 @ 70lbs, 1x16 @ 75lbs.

Rotator cuff excercise: 1x20 @ 10lbs, 1x15 @ 15lbs

Seated partial press: 1x10 @ 40lbs, 1x10 @ 45lbs, 2x5 @ 50lbs ... yeah, gotta get used to those 50's! I figure next time I bench I will feel more power if I increase my shoulder strength, because it's always been very little.

Deadlifts:

1x10 @ 115lbs

1x6 @ 165lbs

1x6 @ 215lbs

1x3 @ 215lbs - left hand's grip was giving in, had to stop. I seriously gotta work on my supporting grip.

2x6 @ 215lbs - had to man up and grab the bar hard!

E-Z curls:

1x5 @ 50lbs

1x5 @ 70lbs

2x5 @ 90lbs

1x4 @ 90lbs ... all these sets with 90 weren't strict at all... :(

1x1 @ 90lbs ... wanted to see how strict I could do it, and not too strict it seemed. Still, I'll keep using this weight and try to do it in a more strict fashion every week, instead of keep using 80lbs for reps....

E-Z skull crushers:

1x5 @ 50lbs

1x5 @ 60lbs

3x5 @ 80lbs

Donkey Calves: About 5 sets of 8-10 reps.

Wrist Curls:

1x10 @ 35lbs BH

1x10 @ 45lbs BH

RH: 55lbs x 7, 9, 8 ... or so.

LH: 50lbs x 7, 7, 7 ... or so, can't remember. My calluses were hurting BIG TIME at this point. Had to grab the dumbell with my towell for the last set of wrist curls.

Grippers:

Parallel reps days. Next time I think I'll do clicks AND/OR strapholds, some sort of combination, still not decided.

LH: warmup, then sets with the Filed Trainer. I didn't wanna use the BBA because my pinky finger's skin hurts and the knurling of the BB's is tough on it. And didn't wanna do singles on the Filed #1. Best set was about 32 reps, the others were 20ish. It's filed about 1/4", which makes it quite harder.

RH: warmup, then sets with the #1.5 ... first set I got 13 reps, but the first 3 or so were baby reps.. it was weird, I started, and said to myself "wtf am I doing? Open them up some more!"... but I knew I'd still had gotten a good number. The nex 3 sets were also at least 10 reps (10-11 I believe), and the last one was of 8 reps, I think this was the 5th or 6th set so I stopped here.

Pegasus extension:

1x10 @ 7.5lbs

1x8 @ 10lbs

3x6 @ 12.5lbs - fairly strict, I think I'm finally seeing some progress here.

Mouse pinch: I love this thing....

60lbs, 80lbs, 100lbs, 106lbs x3 .... all held for about 10 seconds. I'm keeping this indoors, and STILL it's rusting. :( I guess it's part of living in the caribbean.. oh well.

6lb sledge:

Front raises: sets of 5 @ 11" away RH, and 10" away LH. My goodness am I weak in this one!!

Back raises: sets of 5 @ 20" away RH, and 19" away LH.

Twists: only 2 sets, the second was @ 15" away RH, and 13" away LH.

Brought the IM bands to work because I had no more time, will do them in here at any given moment...

10 mins eliptical @ levels 16 and 17.

Shoulder stuff: pretty much the same as last time. The straight arm pullups felt fine with 35lbs. Wih 50lbs I had to regrip once, but felt like I was getting them all right. I can't wait to just start doing regular pullups. Seated partial presses felt hard today, 50lbs x 3 so-so reps... but botht he 40's and 45's x10 were good. Did 20 shrugs with 70lbs and 16 with 75lbs. Pretty tiring stuff overall, and it takes LONG, I'm honestly happy that I'll soon get back to normal training. After this finishes, I'm already tired!! But still I did most of the stuff I wanted!

Squats:

1x10 @ 45lbs

Sets of 6 reps @ 95lbs, 145lbs, 165lbs x3 sets.

Tricep pushdown, V-handle:

1x8 @ 55lbs

1x6 @ 70lbs

3x6 @ 85lbs - I see some improvement in this excercise actually!!

Curls:

The reason I only said "curls", is because I started doing supinated curls... did 1x8 @ 25lbs, and 1x5 @ 35lbs .. then tried the hammers with 45lb, got 4 reps with RH only (trying one arm at the time), and a 5th but cheated rep. This was awfuly hard. I couldn't do it left handed though... I was kinda pissed, so I switched to concentration curls, which I haven't done in MONTHS! ... 1x5 @ 30lbs felt too easy, 1x5 @ 35lbs right next with no rest felt fine. Then with rest I did 2x5 @ 40lbs ... if you look back at my log, back in august, I had a VERY hard time doing 15lbs left handed, so this felt nice.

Lunges:

1x5 @ 30lbs

1x5 @ 40lbs

3x5 @ 50lbs - WOW! All I can say is WOW, really.. these things tire me more than ANY other excercise... it's not just the legs (quads, glutes), but the forearms are BURNING already halfways through the set. I don't have a very good supporting grip, and holding these dumbells for these few seconds is truly hard for me!! Maybe that's why I feel it's such a tough excercise. Although I was checking to see if form was different with both feet, I didn't notice anything, I tried to do it the same way, yet I feel my right cheek aching more, for some reason.

And this is why earlier in this post I said I did "most" of what I wanted, I simply had no time (and energy?) for calves or wrist curls. But to make myself feel better, I'll mention that I jumped rope on sunday (calves work a lot on these), and played two sets of tennis yesterday... and the lunges fry my forearm quite a bit, and the grip training I do at home is also pretty tough on the forearms, and yesterday I did a lot of stuff, so it wont hurt to skip this day of wrist curls. Also, looking at the positive side, this will tire my forearms/wrists less for tomorrow's grip workout, so now I have a reason to set some PR's tomorrow!!

I'll go to the USA from sunday march 4th to saturday march 10th. The timing is perfect, as I'll go right after finishing these period of 8 weeks doing shoulder stuff. So it might be good to take that week off, then come back to regular training and see how I feel.

Deadlifts:

1x10 @ 115lbs

1x6 @ 165lbs

1x6 @ 215lbs

1x3 @ 215lbs - left hand's grip was giving in, had to stop. I seriously gotta work on my supporting grip.

2x6 @ 215lbs - had to man up and grab the bar hard!

Why don't you try hookgripping the bar if you have problems with your supporting grip?

I also think it's unnecessary to let the grip limit your deadlift. Do warm ups with DO grip up to what ever weight you can hold on to, then use hook or mixed grip for the work sets. Increase warmups slowly and your supporting grip will improve.

I also think it's unnecessary to let the grip limit your deadlift. Do warm ups with DO grip up to what ever weight you can hold on to, then use hook or mixed grip for the work sets. Increase warmups slowly and your supporting grip will improve.

Word.

You could add some DO hold for your supporting grip, lots of PLers do it with great results.

Hey tja and honk, I thought noone else was reading my log. =)

Thanks a lot for the tips. I just thought the supporting grip would come eventually, but it aint improving at all. If you look at my shrugs too, you'll notice I have done 16 reps with the 75lb dumbells, and I feel I can shrug considerably more than that.... BUT, when I grab the 90lb dumbell I can only hold it for a couple of seconds left handed, so it's also limiting my shrugs.

I always use double overhand for the deads, I have never even tried to use a mixed grip, and I'm not sure what a "hook" grip is. Is it putting the thumb UNDER the other fingers? .. Also, in a mixed grip, where should the weaker hand be, in the underhand or overhand possition?

Thanks for the tips! .. I don't wanna use straps, that is very unmanly... I've been thinking of doing some kind of holds for time to improve the supporting grip.

I always use double overhand for the deads, I have never even tried to use a mixed grip, and I'm not sure what a "hook" grip is. Is it putting the thumb UNDER the other fingers? .. Also, in a mixed grip, where should the weaker hand be, in the underhand or overhand possition?

Right, thats a hook grip, make shure you chalk the top of your thumbs too.

I put my weaker hand in the overhandposition, when I use a mixed grip.

Right, thats a hook grip, make shure you chalk the top of your thumbs too.

I put my weaker hand in the overhandposition, when I use a mixed grip.

I used to do this when I was starting lifting (late teens...) - ended up having other shoulder considerably lower than the other. Because of the asymmetry in stress, it's better to switch which hand is over which under from set to set. Fortunately, after realizing this, I was still able to fix the problem.

Working with larger weights using mixed/hook grip and bigger weights also prepares the hands for higher loads. At least for me it seems to work quite well to improve DO performance at the same.

Tomorrow I will do deadlifts, I will try the mixed grip and see how it feels! And yeah, I had read about switching hands (over/under), Pavel says so in Power to the People.

I got my Beef Builder Grip Machine! I was so extied, I opened the box very quickly... my wife was there, she said I looked like a boy opening a toy. Oh well... :tongue

To my surprise, something is wrong with the loading pin!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! It's apparently too thick! It looks to be 1" diameter, but none of my plates fit!!! And the plates can't be wrong, as they fit in PDA's Pegasus 2, and also in Ironmind's 12" x 1" loading pin ... it seems like it only needs to be a fraction less for them to fit though. I don't know what to do, should I complain with BB? Or file the loading pin? Or cut it off and weld another pipe?? Whatever the option is, I AM PISSED! Seriously..... this sucks beyond belief.

So, the only thing I could do was STAND on the machine (187lbs 4 days ago). I put about 2 inches of plates under the machine, so the ROM was smaller and my fingers could reach the handle better (still the ROM was about 1.5" or so, not too small!) I was about to pull myself up on two different singles. I had a hard time balancing myself though. I then tried holding it with both hands, stepping on it (much easier this way), and releasing one hand, and to my surprise I could hold myself there with only my right. With my left, I could, but not with the handles together, and it was slowly opening up.

This tired my hands a little bit, and I was very angry for not being able to load the plates in there.

Grippers:

Warmup with the Filed T, then proceeded to do strapholds:

LH:

5 sets with the Filed #1, lifting 5lbs. In one set I tried 7.5lbs, but it was too hard. The 5lbs was not too hard as I did it in all sets! I'll try 7.5 again next time I give these a go.

RH:

5 sets with the #2, lifting 5lbs. Only on the first two could I lift it, and only for about 3-4 seconds. This is very hard for me, as the #2 is a gripper I cannot even hold closed right now. But since IronMind's strap is about 1/4" thick, I thought I could still do strapholds. Next time I will try again at 5lbs and see how I do (although in next session I might go for reps on the #1.5, not sure). On the other 3 sets, after the strap fell immediately, I tried negatives with it, and I know I can't hold it closed yet.... jeez. Am I gonna break the recor of most parallel reps on the #1.5 without being able to close the #2???????

Pegasus Extension:

1x10 @ 7.5lbs

1x8 @ 10lbs

3x6 @ 12.5lbs - using five 2.5lb plates, the hardest way. (if I use a 5lb plate and place it closer to my hands, it's less weight). Soon I might try 15lbs, but instead of using six 2.5lb plates, I'd use at least one 5lb plate and place it in the middle of four 2.5lb plates or so, to see how it feels.

Mouse Pinch:

60lbs x1 - 10 seconds.

85lbs x1 - 10 seconds.

106lbs x0 - wow, felt hard..... had to go back.

95.5lbs x1 - 7 or so seconds....

98lbs x1 - 8 or so seconds... ??

106lbs x1 - got it to lockout, but had to lower it immediately after that. Pinch wasn't the best today, it would seem.

6lb Sledge:

Front Raises: 3 working sets @ 12" RH and @ 11" LH.

Back Rasies: 2 working sets @ 20" RH and @ 19" LH

Twists: 2 working sets @ 15" RH and @ 13" LH. I needed help in about 2 reps in one of these twists sets.

I'll try to do extensors at work.

Tomorrow I will do deadlifts, I will try the mixed grip and see how it feels! And yeah, I had read about switching hands (over/under), Pavel says so in Power to the People.

You should give hookgripping a try also, I feel stronger when I hookgrip the bar as do others.

Chris James has done rack pulls with about 500kg using a hook grip, so don't tell me your thumbs can't take it.

I got my Beef Builder Grip Machine! I was so extied, I opened the box very quickly... my wife was there, she said I looked like a boy opening a toy. Oh well... :tongue

To my surprise, something is wrong with the loading pin!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! It's apparently too thick! It looks to be 1" diameter, but none of my plates fit!!! And the plates can't be wrong, as they fit in PDA's Pegasus 2, and also in Ironmind's 12" x 1" loading pin ... it seems like it only needs to be a fraction less for them to fit though. I don't know what to do, should I complain with BB? Or file the loading pin? Or cut it off and weld another pipe?? Whatever the option is, I AM PISSED! Seriously..... this sucks beyond belief.

I sure can relate to your pain! I bought a thick dumbbell handle with two inch sleeves thinking sure my plates fit - I've got an barbell with 50mm sleeves and plates with holes slightly larger. But no they didn't. What I did was to buy an angle grinder and spend a long afternoon grinding the sleeves until my plates fit. Started with a file but it was just too slow.

Honk, I think I'll give hook grip a serious try at some point. Tried it once but it apparently takes time to get used to the pressure on thumb...

Luckily I'm struggling with little weight, so maybe my thumbs can take it, I'll see in a few hours.

Last night, for some reason I decided to measure some stuff. (ok, the reason being I found a measuring "string" or whatever it's called). The measurements ara somewhat pathetic!

Upper arm, flexed: 15"

Forearm, flexed: 12-1/4"

Wrist: 6-1/4" (this is the most embarassing!)

Handlength: 7-1/4" (pretty small too).

6 mins treadmill @ 6.3mph - wow, I wanted 10 minutes, but somewhere around my right RIBS started to hurt. I think this is caused by not breathing right? I thought I was breathing right :( ... very unhappy about only getting 6 minutes, jeez...

Deadlifts:

1x10 @ 135lbs - I tried hook grip first, man does that hurt on the thumbs!! LOL... so I went with DO.

1x6 @ 175lbs

3x6 @ 215lbs - left hand's grip didn't feel secure at all, but it held the bar.... blah. Next time I will try 3x5 @ 225lbs.

Dumbell rows:

1x8 @ 50lbs

1x8 @ 70lbs

3x7 @ 80lbs - tough to hold onto the dumbell with the left, in the latter reps. Jeez, now it's affecting this too.....

Dumbell flies:

1x8 @ 25lbs

1x8 @ 30lbs

2x6 @ 35lbs

1x3 @ 40lbs - too tough for now, it seems.

1x6 @ 35lbs

Seated Cable Rows, parallel grip, hands around 20" appart:

No warmup as I had done dumbell rows.

3x6 @ 140lbs - sloppy reps I'd say.

Donkey Calves: about 5 sets of 10 reps.

Preacher Curls:

1x8 @ 60lbs

1x5 @ 80lbs

1x4 @ 80lbs - argh!

1x3 @ 80lbs - argh! argh!

I think it's not the best of ideas to do these after all the rowing. It's ok, I'll change my routine completely after next week....

Wrist Curls:

1x10 @ 35lbs BH

1x10 @ 45lbs BH

1x5 @ 55lbs RH // 1x5 @ 50lbs LH

1x8 @ 55lbs RH // 1x7 @ 50lbs LH (had some 5 mins rest before this set because I was talking to a guy). I ran out of time and didn't do a third working set. Felt very tired by now anyways.

This is most irregular, I thought I posted today's workout a few hours ago.... :(

I wont type it long, so...

I filed my #1.5, and only managed 5 reps. Then did strapholds with 7.5lbs, 3 sets of 5-7 seconds till it fell. Then 3 reps only. It feels MUCH harder, I filed both handles some. I guesstimate I increased the ROM by at least 3/16".

LH was crap today, just 2 attempts on the Filed #2, first was almost closed and held for a few seconds. Then did reps with the Filed Trainer (I know, I know...) and got 25, 26, 20, 27 or so.... I dont wanna use the BBA as the BB's knurling is tough, and my left pinkie has some skin off.

TTK: 2x8 @ 22.5 and then 1x17 @ 17.5 were the last sets. I rested from the Mouse Pinch today.

6lb sledge: front raises (12" and 11"), back rasies (20"), and twists (15" and 13", tough, got 6 reps on second set!! Was a max effort though!).

Pegasus extensions: worked up to 3x6 @ 12.5lbs in the for of five 2.5lb plates, not much cheating, hard as hell.

I shall continue doing Filed #1.5 strapholds and reps.

This is most irregular, I thought I posted today's workout a few hours ago.... :(

I wont type it long, so...

I filed my #1.5, and only managed 5 reps. Then did strapholds with 7.5lbs, 3 sets of 5-7 seconds till it fell. Then 3 reps only. It feels MUCH harder, I filed both handles some. I guesstimate I increased the ROM by at least 3/16".

LH was crap today, just 2 attempts on the Filed #2, first was almost closed and held for a few seconds. Then did reps with the Filed Trainer (I know, I know...) and got 25, 26, 20, 27 or so.... I dont wanna use the BBA as the BB's knurling is tough, and my left pinkie has some skin off.

TTK: 2x8 @ 22.5 and then 1x17 @ 17.5 were the last sets. I rested from the Mouse Pinch today.

6lb sledge: front raises (12" and 11"), back rasies (20"), and twists (15" and 13", tough, got 6 reps on second set!! Was a max effort though!).

Pegasus extensions: worked up to 3x6 @ 12.5lbs in the for of five 2.5lb plates, not much cheating, hard as hell.

I shall continue doing Filed #1.5 strapholds and reps.

Nice work on that #2 and sledge. :cool