I Finally Pinched Two 25s

MVillani1985

Today, despite a below average workout today, I set a new PR. I pinched the two 25s, and held them for about 10 seconds, and could have held them for a little more but decided to set them down instead of drop them. I've heard that pinching two 25s is good, but about where would it be equivilent to as far as gripper closing abilities go?

Sorry if it's in the wrong section, but I tried to post this in Goerner Reborn but got the stupid "File Not Found" message. :angry: And then got it AGAIN when I tried to post it in The Gripboard section. :flame So I don't mind in the least if this is moved to a more appropriate forum, because infact that's where it was originally intended to be.

Great work and congrats on your PR! I have been pinching blobs so cannot answer your? as i have to purchase plates to start pinching them too.where are you with your grippers as i think progress with grippers will be greatest when training w/them also and not just pinching.

Great work and congrats on your PR! I have been pinching blobs so cannot answer your? as i have to purchase plates to start pinching them too.where are you with your grippers as i think progress with grippers will be greatest when training w/them also and not just pinching.

I actually do alot of gripper training, about 2-3 times a week. Right now I'm working on my #2, not quite there. I'm tantalizingly close to shutting my BBM, and I can close the BBSA right handed, but not quite left handed (super close, though), but I can close the #1 consistantly with my left hand and slam it shut with my right hand. My eventual goal is to be closing the #4.

Your topic could probably be in the Gripboard Forum?

Yea, I was gonna put it there, but I got a stupid "file not found" message, same with the Goerner Reborn forum.

Congrats on the PR!!! :rock

Right now I'm working on my #2, not quite there. I'm tantalizingly close to shutting my BBM, My eventual goal is to be closing the #4.

My BBM is harder than my #2! I just closed my BBM about a month ago and a few days after that I picked up (2)25's. Seems like we are on the same track. :cool I think everyone would like to eventually close the #4 gripper, or higher for the beasts that already have!

Sounds like you are doing well with the grippers.keep up thew good work. i just ordered a bbsm from Warren Tetting.can close the #2 w/rt hand 3-4 reps.left 1/8 in. away. i pinch 35# Blob with both for 15 min w/5sec. holds.blobs seem to help my gripwork but dont know how much %wise as you asked prior.do you feel your gripper progress follows ur pinch pr?

I dont quite understand. you sd b4 you were close to closing your bbm but not the #2, but i just read that you closed the bbm 1 mo. ago, and it is harder than #2. I'm alittle confused :whacked Sorry that was GetAGrip87 post.i guess its gettin late or early!

Edited by RICHIEC.

Congrats on the PR!!! :rock
Right now I'm working on my #2, not quite there. I'm tantalizingly close to shutting my BBM, My eventual goal is to be closing the #4.

My BBM is harder than my #2! I just closed my BBM about a month ago and a few days after that I picked up (2)25's. Seems like we are on the same track. :cool I think everyone would like to eventually close the #4 gripper, or higher for the beasts that already have!

Thanks! :) But I'm kinda surprised that your BBM is harder than your #2, mine's about a 1.8, signifficantly easier. I seem to have both hard Ironminds and easy BeefBuilders, leading to this. My BBSA is a 1.3, my BBM is a 1.8, I've yet to order a BBSM so I don't know how that'll be, but my BBGM is a 2.6, my BBE is a 3.1, my BBSE is a 3.4, and my BBGE is a 3.7. My BBP seems to be about a 4.2, and the ones above that I just give them their own number rankings. My BBWC would be a 5, my BBG a 6, and the BBSG that's coming in the mail will be a 7. My original goal was to close a RBWTG or it's BB equivilent, BB the Grand Galaxy, but I eventually came to realize that it ain't gonna happen, so I'll be content if I just close the #4 in the end (but I'll still shoot for the Pro and beyond and see how I do).

• 1 month later...

Either I have good pinching abilities or you have good crushing abilities.

About 2 weeks ago I went to a gym with plates that one could pinch. The plates on my gym are covered with rubber and don't even have a FLAT side, so I can't do pinch.

To my surprised, I could lift 2 25's with both hands. Not for too long, specially with the left, just a couple of seconds. No chalk too.

However, I cannot close the #1 on my left hand, and I can close it with my right but it's not easy at all to do. :( I just started grip-training about 2 and half months ago.

Damn, I went to yet another gym last night. I did some grippers training before, so hands were a bit tired. They had teo different brands of plates, both with one smooth side.... I couldn't pinch the wider ones! The other 25's I could barely lift off the ground, I wasn't too strong yesterday, but I'm sure I could fully deadlift them.

But the wider plates would be very hard I reckon.