Shoes To Wear While Deadlifting

Hubgeezer

Adidas samba classics aren't bad lifting shoes. I usually wear those to the gym. At home indoors usually bare foot.

The "superstar" is another common shoe I really like - flat soles like the samba. I have a pair of Adidas "ironworks" oly shoes I wear from time to time when I squat.

Thank you very much, everybody.

This was very good: factual, informative, good variety, and many participants.

Excellent input, thanks again.

Hbgzr

• 3 weeks later...

I DIDN'T LIKE THE CONVERSE CHUCK TAYLORS THEY SLIP ON THE WOOD PLATFORM AT THE GYM. I LIKE MY BEAT UP NEW BALANCE CROSS TRAINERS & I DIDN'T PULL ANYMORE WEIGHT WITH CHUCK'S.

• 2 weeks later...
I use my Adidas Olympic lifting shoes for all Oly stuff and front squats etc - Chucks or barefoot for dead lifts, box squats - and barefoot for the rest.

Are those the cool looking 170$ ones? If so do you likem/ are they worth it.

Thank you very much, everybody.

This was very good: factual, informative, good variety, and many participants.

Excellent input, thanks again.

Hbgzr

YOU REMEMBER THESES DONT YOU GREAT DEADLIFTING SHOE http://cgi.ebay.com/Converse-Jack-Purcell-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The shoe certainly doesnt make the lifter, but it can make it better for you to lift. You wouldnt squat a pr in high heals, so dont deadlift a pr in Nike Shocks-IMO.

If I had to, I could deadlift a pr in just about any type of stable foot wear or even barefoot. But the kicker is, I dont have to, so I wear the same pair of wrestling shoes I have had since 1996. Any type of healed boot or shoe in the deadlift will throw you forward and is a bad idea.

I have the Adidas Ironworks, like to front squat and do the atlas stones in them, as well as over head work. On back squats they tend to throw me forward a little bit which can cause me to bend and lose my bar groove. They are good shoes and worth the price as they will last a long time.

I do my close stance high bar squats in Chucks-just like them better. The flat soled shoe allows me to transfer the squat load to the bigger muscles of the glutes and hams.

• 5 months later...

I have now used both: Wrestling Shoes, and Chuck Taylors by Converse.

Although the wrestling shoes have a slightly thinner sole, I was surprised at how thin and flat the CT's were. You can wear the Converse to a contest and use them in a contest and not have to change your shoes.

Both are significantly better to lift in than my flat beat up Nike walking shoes.

For the money and flexibility, I think I would choose the Chuck Taylors.

Hubgeezer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...