• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handgripperman

• mobsterone

• MARKR

• antarath

Mr. Odd Haugen,

Congrats on that great feat of strength!!! :mosher:mosher Your part lifting history. :rock:rock:rock

i dont know about his handsize maybe 8 inches or more?

handgripperman would know, but I think they are around 9

Hbgzr

nice lift :rock who made the first Millennium Dumbbell ??

Alan Radley, PhD, and myself were co-creators.

HGM: did Odd wear all that gear for his attempt or had he been doing other training before having a go at the MDB? I was thinking, a little tongue in cheek, I should make it in suit with the tie in yer mouth for all the following attempts ha ha :tongue

congratulations to odd---- odd is strong all the way around... true meaning of strongman. and at his age no less! that really was a beautiful lift--- no tilt, nothing, just brute strength. i knew someone would step up and d.l. that bell! i'm glad to see more folks are getting involved and giving it a go--- and i'm pretty sure more can do it(or could if they trained for it). i would love to see tom mcclure, samuelson(dont know if he's tried yet), ryan green, derek poundstone, chad woodall, ryan brown try it... i know i'm probably leaving out a few that may be capable... but again, hats off to odd--- he handled his business! mobster--- time to cast the mold for that 255 lbr...

Alan Radley, PhD, and myself were co-creators.

HGM: did Odd wear all that gear for his attempt or had he been doing other training before having a go at the MDB? I was thinking, a little tongue in cheek, I should make it in suit with the tie in yer mouth for all the following attempts ha ha :tongue

Odd was doing all kinds of training that day. atlas stones, farmers walk, chain drag. thats why he was in all that gear

congratulations to odd---- odd is strong all the way around... true meaning of strongman. and at his age no less! that really was a beautiful lift--- no tilt, nothing, just brute strength. i knew someone would step up and d.l. that bell! i'm glad to see more folks are getting involved and giving it a go--- and i'm pretty sure more can do it(or could if they trained for it). i would love to see tom mcclure, samuelson(dont know if he's tried yet), ryan green, derek poundstone, chad woodall, ryan brown try it... i know i'm probably leaving out a few that may be capable... but again, hats off to odd--- he handled his business! mobster--- time to cast the mold for that 255 lbr...

That new German company have a 140-kilo (308lbs) 2-inch handled bell available.

That new German company have a 140-kilo (308lbs) 2-inch handled bell available.

So, are you going to buy one?

Only if you pay half! Or I win the lotto. I have the money but it was bad enough buying a 150-kilo bell I haven't lifted properly without a strap. To buy a 140-kilo bell with a thick handle... more money.

Edited by mobsterone

It's a tempting offer, and I can afford it, but, no, I think I'll spend the money on learning to drive, that way I can use my car for more than just pushing it round Asda car park for cardio work!

Great job Odd, unreal. I look forward to you trying the Circus Bell from the Arnold Classic (or the Kooky-Bell as Kazmier calls it). 3" handle weighing 195lb. would be another impressive first to add to your list.

Again, great job, and great seeing you at the AOBS.

Bert Sorin

Great job Odd, unreal. I look forward to you trying the Circus Bell from the Arnold Classic (or the Kooky-Bell as Kazmier calls it). 3" handle weighing 195lb. would be another impressive first to add to your list.

Bert Sorin

Yea Bert that would be awesome if someone picked that thing straight off the floor...I know the MDB weighs more but that handle size is just unreal :blink lol....thats one awesome dumbell :mosher

Bert Sorin

I have personally seen him lift the 195lb 3 inch bell.

Bert Sorin

I have personally seen him lift the 195lb 3 inch bell.

As far as Mr. Richard Sorin said that no one has lifted it straight off the floor with one hand....but rather pick it up with 2 hands and press it...not saying he didnt do it...but that would be massive because that handle is freaking huge....I have 8 inch hands and when I wrapped my hand around it there was still an 1 1/2 seperating my thumb and middle finger this thing is crazy.

Ive seen him do it. he cut the bolts off the sides (because they broke) used to be loadable with plates. So instead he filled the bells with rice. and smoothed out the sides so now its just a 195lb dumbbell. His hand is 8 7/8 long. I need to measure the width of his hand :blink . his fingers don't even touch when he lifts the inch, millennium dumbell or when he uses the RT. :mellow when I shake hands with odd, my hand is wider shaking his hand. then me pinching the blob. :)

Odd told me he lifted the 195 pounder. This is more impressive to me than the milenium. I tried it in Pasadena this year and broke it off the ground but it just spun out - the torque of the large diameter bells is very challenging to stop.

Wade,

Have you ever cleaned and pressed a inch replica?

Wade,

Have you ever cleaned and pressed a inch replica?

No - don't want to risk the injury.