Top Posters In This Topic

• handgripperman

• mobsterone

• MARKR

• antarath

Best feat of hand strength in my opinion!!!!! :rock:rock:rock

btw, what is his hand size?

Edited by Alawadhi

Odd is a stud! How old is he now, 56? Time apparently does stand still for one man.

Best feat of hand strength in my opinion!!!!! :rock:rock:rock

btw, what is his hand size?

Well it would perhaps be closer to the truth to classify it as the best thickbar feat (along with that guy who cleaned and pressed the Inch).

I think in general we tend to give more praise to lifts where we are dealing with a solid piece of weight. It somehow looks more impressive if you can lift a weight no one else can (rather than lifting more than others on a loadable set up). It would be the same if we made a solid pinch set up, about 45-50mm thick and made it 240lbs. Only one man would lift it (i.e., David Horne) and the rest of us would just stand there looking silly if we attempted to lift it.

I was personally even more impressed with the first attempt. I can't remember seeing any video clips of other people pulling it off the floor in perfect style with no tilt.

odd is the man! gives us hope of doing great things even in our 50's.

Good choice of him to move from Norway to the US, as people here aren't interested in strongmanhows. He's not the first

Good choice of him to move from Norway to the US, as people here aren't interested in strongmanhows. He's not the first

Who's the first ? everybody else just picks it up half way.

Edited by handgripperman

I believe that was Torkel Ravndal www.TorkelRavndal.Com (go to "bilder" if you wanna see pics) .. he noticed the lack of interest in Norway when he was 52 years old and moved to the US. He kept it going until he was 64 years old, and later died when he was 67.

Yeah, it's the guy in my avatar. Svend Karlsen's support when he started out.

But I have no idea when Odd Haugen moved, so he might have been the first.

Edited by Mats Erik

Well it would perhaps be closer to the truth to classify it as the best thickbar feat (along with that guy who cleaned and pressed the Inch).

Those are my top 2 now, the lift by Odd and the guy cleaning and pressing the inch , I say clean to be fair to the guy he just pulled it to his shoulder with pure strength very impressive lifts

WOW! And congratulations! How much does that thing weigh?

I weighed it on an industrial scale. it weighs exactly 228lbs. the handle is 5 inches long 2 3/8 thick

I believe that was Torkel Ravndal www.TorkelRavndal.Com (go to "bilder" if you wanna see pics) .. he noticed the lack of interest in Norway when he was 52 years old and moved to the US. He kept it going until he was 64 years old, and later died when he was 67.

Yeah, it's the guy in my avatar. Svend Karlsen's support when he started out.

But I have no idea when Odd Haugen moved, so he might have been the first.

I think he meant picking up the dumbbell not being a Norwegian Strongman.

WOW! And congratulations! How much does that thing weigh?

I weighed it on an industrial scale. it weighs exactly 228lbs. the handle is 5 inches long 2 3/8 thick

So that one was spot on as well - sweet. We were worried about the handles coming out at 5.5 inches. But 228lbs is exactly what mine weighs - cool.

Odd Haugen, how does it feel to be better than everyone else?! Thick Bar Daddy :D