Hub Question, And Plate Pinching

t-wehner

I only do work with plates in the gym on power rack days, as i only have dumbells at the house. I am intrested in hub pinching the 45, but the gym has no York 45's, so i get to make due with the few older plates that do have a hub from other companies. the hubs vary greatly just at our gym, if they have them at all. What is the OD of an actual York, hub? Does the brand really matter when posting weights lifted hub style going for a record? I know IM makes the Hub, but i didn't see the OD in my catalog.

I have to get the measurments for the plates we got, tommorrow. But i was able to lift the 45 with 5lbs added on top.

on a side note, ever tried a feat, just to see if you could do it yet, and not believed you were doing it till it was over. Was pinching 10lb plates. Was doing good with three plates, even time holds with thumb, ring, and pinkie, for 15 seconds. Decided i would try 4 plates. Got good hand position, relaxed the rest of my body, focused on my hand, and started to stand up. Now i was sure the plates were still on the ground the whole time, and that i wasn't standing up enough or something. It wasn't till the plates fell out of my hand, with me standing fully erect, did i believe what i just did.

thanks for your time

Edited by T-Dog

I HAVE TWO YORKS ONE IS 3 1/4 BY 1 INCH DEEP AND THE OTHER ONE IS 3 1/2 BY ONE INCH DEEP THE SECOND ONE IS NEWER HOPE THIS HELPS

I HAVE TWO YORKS ONE IS 3 1/4 BY 1 INCH DEEP AND THE OTHER ONE IS 3 1/2 BY ONE INCH DEEP THE SECOND ONE IS NEWER HOPE THIS HELPS

Yes Sir, it sure does. I now have something to compare to. Much appreciated.

take care