Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge Xv

Arne

Sorry Rick. I'm just yanking his chain. :whistel I'm off to train grippers now :)

Just talked to Theo, and he said that Arne compensated for the weight difference at the last euro (2005), and so did he do this time. I stood at the side of him and saw what the 2HP weighs. At 60mm it was 23kg and at 50mm it was 21.3kg. So if it makes any difference, all who used the 50mm width should have a 0.3kg increase on their results. But Arne only mentioned it on the recordlift I did.

It will also depend on the 2" bar or 1" bar (as I have) set up and the combination of thick and thin inserts. The thin ones are about a kilo and the thicker ones a little under 2-kilos (I think - don't quote me - mines across the road so I'm too damn lazy to go an look until I train on it this evening). Mines about 21+ kilos at 54mm using a 1" loading pin. We got the girls to do the number crunching for us at the IG and recalculated each thicker setting (was easy with just the four of us). As per the standard for these events thin goes first and thick last. The 2004 up and down of the settings having been dropped that year. I think 4 goes x 4 guys took us about 30-40 minutes max (whole event was 4 hours 15 mins including setting up and breaking down).

Now have you been celebrating? Will you have a weeks rest and then begin the 12 weeks or so Euro training?

Edited by mobsterone

Just talked to Theo, and he said that Arne compensated for the weight difference at the last euro (2005), and so did he do this time. I stood at the side of him and saw what the 2HP weighs. At 60mm it was 23kg and at 50mm it was 21.3kg. So if it makes any difference, all who used the 50mm width should have a 0.3kg increase on their results. But Arne only mentioned it on the recordlift I did.

Thanks for Your clarification Martin! I think it depends on a language barriere or simply a misunderstanding at the Euros 2005.

On the 2-hand pinch Theo should be placed ahead of Mario due to beeing lighter (it's why he beat me on the v-bar last year boo hoo).

Theo pinched less than Mario - look at the setting of the pinch apparatus! I don't think that it weighs the same - but doesn't matter (like last year) if You take a look at the pinched weight... :dry

Please Burkhard! The Pinch apparatus weighs: 50 mm (21.3 kg) and 60 mm (23 kg) on a calibrated German :inno Dynavit Scale! I did even an officially dubble check yesterday! Sorry but I have fully control over the situation. All the plates are calibrated Eleiko plates or the are calibrated against calibrated Eleiko plates. Just for avoiding this discussions!

Now have you been celebrating? Will you have a weeks rest and then begin the 12 weeks or so Euro training?

I celebrated a bit yesterday :) I guess I need to take a weeks rest to recover from my small injuries. But I'm not sure if I can make it to the euros this year.

I had a few beers and 3 days off and took some weight off my working poundages. But you... not coming... That means I'll win (can not wait to see what others will say about that ha ha). You gotta come. I've got you, me, Theo and the Swiss all lined up for the top four spots. :tongue

Edited by mobsterone

Congratulations to all the competitors. Martin is just a BEAST!

Congrats to all, in particular Theo and Martin !! great lifts ! Martin is going to be the man to beat for the next few years if he stays at it, IMO. But Theo can still progress a lot!! GO THEO GO!!

Congrats to everyone.

Well done Martin making an impressive victory.

Theo has shown some mighty improvements in nearly every event. :bow

He's added a few kilos everywhere and made, I think, the best improvement in grippers. But my Northern Monkey has a way to go just yet.... :cool

Great job Martin! Seems to me like it was a good competition over all.

Whoops... double post... :inno

Edited by Martin_Arildsson

Some very good PR's in the competition as well in vbar for Mario who continues to climb the ladder. Theo did also very well taking second place and improving quite a bit in the pinch. Very impressive bending by Jense.

Thank you Mikael!

I just wanted to say that you guys cover your contests extremely well. This is one part of the equation I hope we can doa little better on this year. Thanks.

-Jedd-

Well done guys! Insane lifting by Martin (apart from Vbar, but it can be a technique issue i guess)! Quite Horne like in fact.

Theo did impressively well too.

Good coverage of the events by Mikael. Hopefully one day these comps we'll be covered on cable TV lol (no offense Siversson, just kidding).

Cheers,

Amaury

Well done guys! Insane lifting by Martin (apart from Vbar, but it can be a technique issue i guess)! Quite Horne like in fact.

Theo did impressively well too.

Good coverage of the events by Mikael. Hopefully one day these comps we'll be covered on cable TV lol (no offense Siversson, just kidding).

Cheers,

Amaury

Thanks! What can I say about V-bar? We didn't like each other that day :D

Martin: What I find most impressive about your results, is that your both hands are really strong. Very good results with grippers, with both hands. As for two-handed pinching, it tells pretty much same thing: your both hands are really strong. That can not be said about everybody. I sure wish my left hand would be even close to what my right is.

What a nice contest it was again, trip was worth the while :rock

Enjoyed my stay a lot at Martin and his girlfriend. We ate a lot of food, big steaks of 300gr, and hamburgers just as big!

I am pretty happy how the contest went, and that i can finally bend something... If i couldn't get that nail, i would have dropped to 3rd.

My pinch was a bit dissapointing, because after the event i turned the seasoned side to my fingers, and got 88kg very easy!~(*%$*& Guess that happens..

Martin is pretty unbeatable right now, and i think he'll only get better...

Teemu: Thanks :) I don't know why it's so.

Enjoyed my stay a lot at Martin and his girlfriend. We ate a lot of food, big steaks of 300gr, and hamburgers just as big!

I am pretty happy how the contest went, and that i can finally bend something... If i couldn't get that nail, i would have dropped to 3rd.

My pinch was a bit dissapointing, because after the event i turned the seasoned side to my fingers, and got 88kg very easy!~(*%$*& Guess that happens..

Hopefully we can eat some more steaks soon :) I will.

The last pinch (the one AFTER your four attempts :P ) looked real easy! Maybe you can get 90+ at the MGC?

I do hope so, that i can pinch more then 90 + at the MGC.. in theory, it should be possible :tongue but that's just theory...

if you couldn't bend the nail you would drop down to forth actually :D

and if I have went to the 5" nail insted of 5½ and made it i would have been third :trout