Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge Xv

Arne

Results from Löddeköpinge Gripchallenge XV 2006

1. Martin Arildsson 136,9 kg, 531,74P New LGC Record!

2. Theo Burggraaf (Holland) 104.8 kg, 482,01P

3. Mario Sjögren 116,0 kg, 456,66 P

4. Jens Jepsson 90,6 kg, 445,57 P

5. Nicklas Wennerberg 129,5Kg, 362,79P

Arne Persson 116,2 kg -

1. Grippers (x14,95)

(IM #2 rated at 2.05, IM #2 r.a. 2.38, PDA 359ip r.a. 2.69, PDA399ip r.a. 2.81, IM #3 r.a. 3.00, MM2 r.a. 3,14, PDA 437 r.a. 3.25, MM3 prel. r.a. 3.45, MM4 prel. r. a. 3.60 and BBSE r.a. 3.81.

R/L

1. Martin Arildsson 3,60/3.60 = 7,20, 107,64 P

2. Theo Burggraaf 3,45/3,0= 6,45, 95,56 P

3. Jens Jepsson 3,14/2,81=5,95, 88,95 P

4. Arne Persson 3,14/2,38=5,52, 82,52 P

4. Mario Sjögren 3,14/2,38=5,52, 82,52 P

6. Nicklas Wennerberg 2,69/2,38=5,07, 75,80 P

2. Two hand pinch (1,061)

1. Martin Arildsson (50 mm) 102 kg, 108,22 P (102,3, 108,54P Swedish record) New LGC Record!

2. Mario Sjögren (60 mm) 87 kg, 92,31P

2. Theo Burggraaf (50 mm) 87 kg, 92,31 P

4. Jens Jepsson (50 mm) 76 kg, 80,64 P

5. Arne Persson (60 mm) 65 kg, 68,97 P

6. Nicklas Wennerberg (60 mm) 53 kg, 56,23 P

3. Vertical Bar (0,3275)

L/R

1. Theo Burggraaf 152,5/142,5=295 kg, 96,61 P

2. Mario Sjögren 150/142,5=292,5 kg, 95,79 P

3. Martin Arildsson 132,5/132,5=265 kg, 86,79 P

4. Jens Jepsson 122,5/117,5=240 kg, 78,60 P

5. Arne Persson 122,5/112,5=235 kg, 76,96 P (stop competing, back injury)

6. Nicklas Wennerberg 92,5/92,5=185 kg, 60,59 P

4. One handed deadlift (x 0,4367)

(International Eleiko Powerlifting Barbell 29 mmØ)

L/R

1. Martin Arildsson 120/125=245 kg, 106,99 P

2. Theo Burggraaf 127,5 /115=242,5 kg, 105,90 P

3, Mario Sjögren 115/110=225 kg, 98,26 P

4. Jens Jepsson 100/100=200 kg, 87,34 P

5. Nicklas Wennerberg 90/90=180 kg, 78,61 P

Bending 8 mm HRS

60° kink

1. Martin Arildsson 5”, 122,10P

2. Jens Jepsson 5 1/2”, 110,04 P

3. Theo Burggraaf 6 1/2”, 91,51 P

3. Nicklas Wennerberg 6 1/2”, 91,51 P

5. Mario Sjögren 6 3/4” 87,73 P

Gongrats to everyone!

Arne Persson

Edited by Arne

Congratulations to Martin especially and to everyone for competing. It's really nice to see some young guys pushing the older crew hard. It's also nice to have the same lifts contested so we can compare from one contest to the next. Well done!

Nick

Congrats to all - some very strong performances!!

Congrats to Martin :mosher and kudos to the organisers and other competitors !

...and a big fat thank you to Arne (for calling me on his mobile phone) and myself for providing you all with results minutes after they took place. Well done both of you.

Some very good PR's in the competition as well in vbar for Mario who continues to climb the ladder. Theo did also very well taking second place and improving quite a bit in the pinch. Very impressive bending by Jense.

Congratulations on some fine lifting, ya'll!

Congrats Martin! Well deserved! :rock

Good numbers of all competitors - good work guys! :rock

On the 2-hand pinch Theo should be placed ahead of Mario due to beeing lighter (it's why he beat me on the v-bar last year boo hoo).

On the 2-hand pinch Theo should be placed ahead of Mario due to beeing lighter (it's why he beat me on the v-bar last year boo hoo).

Theo pinched less than Mario - look at the setting of the pinch apparatus! I don't think that it weighs the same - but doesn't matter (like last year) if You take a look at the pinched weight... :dry

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Theo pinched less than Mario - look at the setting of the pinch apparatus! I don't think that it weighs the same - but doesn't matter (like last year) if You take a look at the pinched weight... :dry

What are you talking about? Were you in Löddeköpinge yesterday???

Last time you accused Nick of cheating basically and now you are inferring that Arne is clueless about the weights lifted by the competitors.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Last time you accused Nick of cheating basically and now you are inferring that Arne is clueless about the weights lifted by the competitors.

You are either totally fearless or just plain stupid (or perhaps a combination of the two).

Simply read the results of the 2hand pinch of the Euros 2005. You'll see that the results of Frank Henritzi and Viktor Sander are the same in weight. Viktor got the medal but Frank pinched on a wider setup.

The point is that we should weigh the apparatus exactly - not only the plates which should be calibrated. Arne said that the scale at the comp did not show a different result weighing the two different setups. But we all know that different setups weigh don't weigh the same. So we should calibrate the different setups too. No offence to Arne for sure! He is doing a very good job there! It's only an idea to get more accurate - nothing more, nothing less. Don't take everything personal Mikael.

Conclusion: Theo pinched less than Mario - it would have been expressed in a different weight if the apparatus would have been calibrated.

And spare me with the idea that I have accused Nick of cheating - I can't hear that anymore (and it's offtopic). And also spare me with Your personal attacks - You will never provoke me with that. BTW, I always thought that persoanl attacks are not allowed here on the board.

Edited by Burkhard Macht

This is the answer Mikeal should have given: It doesn't need to weigh the same. Obviously a thin set up is less in weight than a fatter set up so... they add more actual weights to make up the difference. IE: I use a 54mm set which on my adjustable equipment is about 21-kilos. To get it to 70-kilos total I add 49-kilos (I have .5's and 1's as well as the 1.25's to 20's). If it's close I'll back load a 1/2 kilo rather than have it with the same weight on each side. It's precisely what Idid to do 1/2-kilo more than Dean at the British. Every single one of us used a different thickness (42, 44, 50 and 54mm if my memory serves me).

You are either totally fearless or just plain stupid (or perhaps a combination of the two).

Simply read the results of the 2hand pinch of the Euros 2005. You'll see that the results of Frank Henritzi and Viktor Sander are the same in weight. Viktor got the medal but Frank pinched on a wider setup.

The point is that we should weigh the apparatus exactly - not only the plates which should be calibrated. Arne said that the scale at the comp did not show a different result weighing the two different setups. But we all know that different setups weigh don't weigh the same. So we should calibrate the different setups too. No offence to Arne for sure! He is doing a very good job there! It's only an idea to get more accurate - nothing more, nothing less. Don't take everything personal Mikael.

Conclusion: Theo pinched less than Mario - it would have been expressed in a different weight if the apparatus would have been calibrated.

And spare me with the idea that I have accused Nick of cheating - I can't hear that anymore (and it's offtopic). And also spare me with Your personal attacks - You will never provoke me with that. BTW, I always thought that persoanl attacks are not allowed here on the board.

You're both as bad as one another - so both of you can give it a rest.

I know for a fact that all of those who used an adjustable set up have weighed both their weights and the set ups. David Horne can tell you from memory what the thick and thin rubber inserts weigh as well as the outer plates (mine are around 5-kilos for example).

If Arne did say that previously the it will have been wrong - but by about a kilo or so. Theo should be ahead only by virtue of being the lighter man himself - not on weight or thickness of set up. That will only count in a novice comp and then only if everything else was taken into account - ie: as a tie breaker. It would, IMO, be a winner if both their hand sizes were the same - the man using the thicker set should win I think.

Edited by mobsterone

...and a big fat thank you to Arne (for calling me on his mobile phone) and myself for providing you all with results minutes after they took place. Well done both of you.

Blimey - you did all the calls in 2004 'Mikeal I am busy judging right now - can you call me back?' ha ha. Musty have saved you a fortune. :rolleyes

The point is that we should weigh the apparatus exactly - not only the plates which should be calibrated. Arne said that the scale at the comp did not show a different result weighing the two different setups.

If that is what Arne said then he did something different than he told me. However, how does this relate to the LGC XV? Arne told me recently that he added small weights in order to compensate for the rubber spacers.

But we all know that different setups weigh don't weigh the same. So we should calibrate the different setups too. No offence to Arne for sure! He is doing a very good job there! It's only an idea to get more accurate - nothing more, nothing less. Don't take everything personal Mikael.

How do you know that? You are guessing that Arne continue to make the mistakes you said he did at the 2005 Euros, much like you were guessing that Nick cheated.

That is why I edited my post. I did not want my post to be removed by the moderators. Nick thinks you accused him of cheating and that is all that matters for you my friend.

No it doesn't. It's not like Nick is gonna hunt him down or destroy his reputation from afar (he'll never lift in a grip competition again... panto villian booing and hissing here please). It just means Nick wont be sending him a birthday card and if, by chance they meet, they wont be drinking buddies. Ditto thee and me. Nick was still man enough to help with the British IG event (send a video over - just arrived 2 days late - much like those bloody grippers :blink ) and that's in spite of him feeling the same about my comments on the same lift which YOU keep bringing up.

And editing aside you've done a bunch of over excited personal attacks and usage of wonderfully insulting phrases whenever someone disagrees with you. It would be a great shame to be banned given what you have done and may still do. If you two carry on I'll have to use my superior crushing strength on yer both ha ha :cool

Theo should be ahead only by virtue of being the lighter man himself - not on weight or thickness of set up.

In the top 50 lists I disregard body weights. There are no medals given out in the LGC competition for individual events so I am not sure Arne have given it much of a thought. Not exactly earth-shattering news to win a grip event on lighter body weight.

I was refering to the list here rather than top 50 etc. His bodyweight was an issue last year in deciding who was first and who was second. For the LGC they were both given 2nd place as stated.

PS: I take it you never saw our 'v-bar daddy' and 'v-bar 2nd place' shirts we had made up in Malmo then :cool

Edited by mobsterone

I will express my view as calmly as possible.

Burkhard sabotaged the thread on the 2006 Oz championship.

Burkhard sabotaged the thread on the 2006 LGC XV competition.

Who raised the hook grip point in the British IG thread? Let it drop.

You can do better than that surely? At least something akin to an admittance that on occasion you let yourself get as carried away as Burky did with his comments. You did post the comment in the IG, it was on a par with what we have seen here today, I pointed it out and we get 'go away'? I state that no comment of mine was referring to the top 50 and it's ignored. Come now it's late on Saturday or Sunday night where you are but not that late.

Come on - I enjoy our banter and if in doing so I find an occasional flaw in your reasoning it's only cos I care :kiss

Edited by mobsterone