Where To Get A Millenium Bell ?

handgripperman

I talked to a foundry about casting some bells and they said no problem if I could give them the dimensions. The cost would be about 800-1200US :blink to create the mold and $1.50 A pound to pour. once the mold is created then its only the cost of the pour. This gives you some idea of the cost involved in casting something in the US. that mold cost is the kicker.

I talked to a foundry about casting some bells and they said no problem if I could give them the dimensions. The cost would be about 800-1200US :blink to create the mold... that mold cost is the kicker.

Steve, did you ask Alan if he did in fact destroy the MB mold? If not, send it over here and we could reproduce some of those things! :D

The only way plates would have the same effect as a globe, would be if you melted the plates down, and cast then in a globe mould, before threading them on the bar. Otherwise the physics would differ greatly.

Exactly.

For anyone who hasn't tried a thick handled globe DB (whether Inch, Millenium, or otherwise) I can assure you they're noticeably harder than a plate loaded equiv. The damn rotation of the handle as the weight / center of gravity (or whatever the heck you call it) displaces comes as a rather rude (read: humbling :( ) shock.

Dave

I talked to a foundry about casting some bells and they said no problem if I could give them the dimensions. The cost would be about 800-1200US :blink to create the mold... that mold cost is the kicker.

Steve, did you ask Alan if he did in fact destroy the MB mold? If not, send it over here and we could reproduce some of those things! :D

I have not seen nor spoken to Alan for well over a year.

The only way plates would have the same effect as a globe, would be if you melted the plates down, and cast then in a globe mould, before threading them on the bar. Otherwise the physics would differ greatly.

Exactly.

For anyone who hasn't tried a thick handled globe DB (whether Inch, Millenium, or otherwise) I can assure you they're noticeably harder than a plate loaded equiv. The damn rotation of the handle as the weight / center of gravity (or whatever the heck you call it) displaces comes as a rather rude (read: humbling :( ) shock.

Dave

Yes, 5kgs - not more. Read my post above.

Edited by Burkhard Macht