Sharp's New Routine

Sharp21

My goals for the next period are Leg strength, Grip strength & 25 solid chin-ups, while working towards 1 arm chins. Ive got a kettlebell ordered to my house, but while im at work im starting with a dumbbell to get used to the exercises...

Monday Wednesday Friday

Dumbbell Swings - 3x20

Clean & Press - 3 x 10

Front Squats - 3x20

In between every set of each exercise I do 20 hindu squats. Ill increase the reps on each as I get stronger.

Then I do the beginner grip training as posted in the FAQ

Finish off with Hindu pushups, Bridge & Janda situps. Then stretch.

Tues & thurs

Cardio. I do 5 min warmup, then 30 sec. intervals for 5 min, then 5 min cooloff.

Then I do the Royal Court for active recovery (hindu squat pushup & bridge.)

Finish with stretching.

Sat

Active recovery from fridays workout.

Sunday

Light stretching

Thats it! Ive got my buddy bringing out some grippers in 2 weeks so Im gonna start to work with them as well on the grip day

S.

Where do the pullups fit in your routine bro? Otherwise, looks good, very simple and basic.

Yeah, looks like a pretty good program, although I might decrease the reps on the swing and increase the weight, but that's just me. Also note, I have heard (so it might or might not be true) that hindu pushups put a good bit of stress on the rotator cuffs, more so than regular pushups. I did them for a while and my shoulders started bothering me, so I switched back to regular pushups and that went away. However, I do have an old wrestling injury to my shoulder and it might be just that.

Ps, I noticed you said leg strength, and one of the best exercises for it is the pistol. Later, when you're reppin' out the hindu squats, you might want to give them a try-

Edited by Wes

Forgot the chins in all the excitement!

I do them monday to friday throughout the day, currently 10 at a time every hour or 2. Working up to 100 a day. When I can do a solid 25 im gonna switch it up & start doing one arm negatives.

For the swing, im learning the form still & to be honest I can really feel it in my lower back. I think im gonna keep the same weight (35) & increase the reps for the time being. Im gonna order a 35lb kettlebell for when i get home so id like to have a good feel for that weight.

The hindu pushups work great & feel real good. Im working up to 100 per day..

Oh & ive tried the pistol & its not even close! When i can knock out 500 hindu squats im gonna start training the pistol with negatives.

Cheers

S.

Monday Night Workout

I did that grip program tonight... Damn! My forearms are pumped! I had to skip the overhand wrist tweaks though, not strong enough yet. So it looks like ill be sticking to plate grab, forearm pumper with olympic bar & reverse curls...

Knocked out 50 hindu pushups today, so that felt great. And my bridge is getting much better.

So all & all a great day!

S.