Peter Horne Memorial Grip Strength Day 2006 Results

David Horne

Peter Horne Memorial Grip Strength Day 2006

Saturday April 8th, 2006.

Venue

Stafford

Results

British Novice Grip Champs

We only had 3 novices so they had a go at what they fancied.

British Pinch Lift Champs

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift

1. David Horne 109.2k W.R.

2. Jim Wylie 84.3k

3. Dave Johnson 78.8k

4. Jason Horne 73.6k

5. Maxwell Thompson 71.5k

6. Gary Hunt 66.3k

7. Mike Doolash 54.8k

2. Two Hands Pinch Lift of weighted car tyre (5” wide at top).

1. David Horne 113.2k

2. Jim Wylie 106.4k

3. Dave Johnson 71.4k

3. Maxwell Thompson 71.4k

5. Gary Hunt 60.5k

Positions

1. David Horne

2. Jim Wylie

3. Dave Johnson

4. Maxwell Thompson

5. Gary Hunt

6. Jason Horne

7. Mike Doolash

British Hub Lifting Champs

1. One Hand Hub Lift with 45lb disc and extra weight.

1. David Horne +8k

1. Dave Johnson +8k

3. Jim Wylie +2.9k

3. Maxwell Thompson +2.9k

2. One Hand Triple Hub Lift (From Stan Pike).

1. David Horne 22.3k

2. Dave Johnson 18.3k

3. Maxwell Thompson 13.2k

Positions

1. David Horne

2. Dave Johnson

3. Maxwell Thompson

4. Jim Wylie

British Nail/Bar Bending/Breaking Champs II

1. Unbraced bending in 2 mins.

1. Gary Hunt 290k bar

2. Maxwell Thompson 280k bar

3. Dave Johnson 237.5k bar

4. Richard Scott 185k bar

5. Mike Doolash 162.5k bar

2. Bending Underhand with 2” x 2” leather pads.

1. Gary Hunt Biggest kink

2. Richard Scott

2. Dave Johnson

4. Maxwell Thompson 150k

5. Mike Doolash 147.5k

3. Unbraced snapping of a Challenge Bar in 10 mins.

1. Richard Scott 167.5k in 3 min 50 secs.

2. Dave Johnson 167.5k in 3 min 52 secs.

3. Gary Hunt 145k

4. Mike Doolash 132.5k

5. Maxwell Thompson –

Positions

1. Gary Hunt 13 pts

2. Dave Johnson 10.5 pts

2. Richard Scott 10.5 pts

4. Maxwell Thompson 7 pts

5. Mike Doolash 4 pts

Total Wrist Tester

1. David Horne 28.75k

2. Jim Wylie 27.5k

3. Dave Johnson 22.5k

4. Gary Hunt 21.25k

5. Maxwell Thompson 20k

6. Mike Doolash 11.25k

Rolling Thunder attempt (Brand new handle)

1. David Horne 96.6k

2. Jim Wylie 91.4k

3. Jason Horne 81.2k

4. Maxwell Thompson 78.6k

5. Dave Johnson 64.7k

5. Gary Hunt 64.7k

We then went for a big steak after (Gazza had 2!). It was a lovely day, with some great lifts. Boy am I pleased with mine, especially my big pinch. It’s the first time I’ve beaten Dave Johnson on the hub! Also many thanks to all the people who helped to make this day a memorable day. My dad would have loved this kind of get together.

Cheers mates!!

Edited by davidhorne

Congrats David, and all the competitors! Great pull on the 2 hand pinch :rock

David, who was judging the 109k lift and what width were you using?

:D just home tired now so will keep it short,a brilliant day really enjoyed it,my first comp and everything i did was a PR especially pleased with my bending a 280kg bar and missed out on a 300kg only by running out of time,i enjoyed the hub lift and did ok having never tried it before!

All in all a great day spent in great company doing crazy stuff we all enjoy!Thanks David and Elizabeth for making us most welcome in your home hope to see you all again real soon,till the next time,Cheers! :bow

Mikael,

Jim judged, and the width was 46mm.

Maxwell,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. You have some strong bending there and I'm sure with another years worth of all-round training you will be ready for a go at the Brits.

Till next time,

David

Mikael,

Jim judged, and the width was 46mm.

Thanks.

How do you get a nominal 46mm??? You can get a nominal 44mm or 48mm but not 46mm (at least not with 4x10mm spacers and 2x6mm spacers) or is this an actual direct measurement?

David-congrats on the 2-hand pinch world record and congrats to everyone else for a job well done.

What is the total wrist tester?

Austin

Great showing guys. Cheers to ya David. Gazza Bending beast! That back yard bring back some fun times. Miss it. Jim coming back strong Mate. Bravo to all. Shure do miss me Mates over the Pond. :cry

Great numbers guys! Hats off to all that competed. Whatever happened to the toolbox carry, did this event happen?

Steve,

Yeah, you would have liked the day. Another day :)

Jad,

We didn't use the Toolbox this time. But boy were most of us tired at the end, and poor old Dave Johnson had a real sore hand.

David

Looks like David's pinch record finally did fall, to David!

Congrats on the Monster pinch, looks like a great contest.

I was just thinking about the day. It ran really quickly which was good as it was quite cold. We did all 9 events in 3 hours, which I think is pretty good. Which was the time plan I had in mind.

Cheers!

What can i say as usual great hospitality by David and Elizabeth :rock Its always great to visit the Horne household as your always made welcome.

Left my house at 8.00am with Maxwell and then picked up the Doolash and off we headed to the Peter Horne Memorial Comp.

5 mins into the journey and the doolash breaks out his butty box and starts eating egg butties :D (the lads still growing).

We arrived in Stafford at 9.30am and maxwell decided to listen to the doolash for directions when i had hold of the map :tongue So it took us another 15mins to find Davids house :whacked

Me and mike had only planned to come and spectate,but sein as it was for a good coarse decided to join in the fun.

I had a mess about with most things and quickly found out that it pays to keep training,evern when you have work and personel probs :blink I expected to perform crap and didnt disapiont myself :D On a good piont it was still great fun and i am glad i participated.

Doolash realy enjoyed himself and set prs on everything :rock what more can be said.

Maxweell also set aload of prs and is getting strong especially on the bending.

Well done to both my mates :rock.

David and the Pinch what more can be said tan we should call him mr.pinch :rock New world record :bow

and also a huge tire pinch.

Jim always quite and reserved but when it comes to putting it on the line he always steps upto the mark :rock

Dave a little pit bull terrier even injured hands do not stop this man and his son is taking after his pops,cannot wait to do bending battle when were both fully prepared mate.

Richard as always gives it a great go but like me mate you need to get back into training.

Jason i thought you could EAT :tongue i was looking forward to a food battle :D A few beers and hes out of it.

The Bending should have been well and truely won my my buddy Maxwell,after i took a 290k bar he took a 300k bar and put a good kink in it but could not get it past his sticking piont,so i had to take it off him and finish it :tongue If he brings his crush up then watch out.

The bar breaking was cool and one i will continue to do Dave and Richard easilly the better people here like the toitoise and the hare,dave the toitoise and richard the hare,if richard had kept up his training then he would have easilly won the bar breaking but only just got it by 2seconds over dave and it was great to see :rock

all in all another memorial visit to the Hornes residense thankyou all.

David and the Pinch what more can be said tan we should call him mr.pinch :rock New world record :bow

and also a huge tire pinch.

It's sort of a new WR but not in the allround grip competition category.

Compare it to closing heavy grippers if you wish. The badest grippers will always be closed outside of the framework of an allround grip competition. Most people will be stronger in grippers if you focus just on grippers rather than on five events (see the principles of KTA).

David Horne's 107k is still standing in my view as an allround grip competition WR. WR's set in more or less isolation can not be fully compared to WR set in the same events in a standard five events allround grip competition.

I have a strong memory of this actually being discussed in the past and agreed upon.

I don't think David regards this WR as fully comparable to his other WR set in a full allround grip competition.

Edited by Mikael Siversson